Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Bump, bitchez.

I spoke with Emily from the BB ticket office about group rates... and it is probably not worth pursuing here.

Regular day tickets are $60.

Group rate is $53, with a minimum of 20, bought on the same card and picked up by one person to then distribute to the group. She asked for two weeks notice before the target date.

BS now has an option to buy tickets in advance online for a slight discount (new dynamic pricing!).

Looking at the site today, the rate for Saturday March 3rd is $110.

Just got a call back from Neil at BS regarding their group rates... similarly minor discount which is roughly equivalent to their online advance rate, plus single payment / single pickup cat herding.

Ticket window rate is $139 (jeebus, fkn greedy Boyne dweebos).

For both hills, better ticket rates can likely be found with lodging included, but I'll let folks wrangle that per your preferences.
    Last edited by Norseman; 10-30-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Or consider getting the M.A.X. pass. If you're already a passholder at a participating Mountain you can add it on for a few hundred. Skiing for 3 days at Big Sky would pretty much pay for it and it gives you all kinds of other options. That's the route I ended up taking.

Good suggestion.

My mountain isn't on the MAX pass. Feck.

PM sent
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Got my sticker, thanks Bobby !

Stoked, but unstoked...

Just booked flights for late February, but will miss BBI by one weekend. Hope to at least say hi and meet some locals. Will be in Bozeman looking for Ghosthops bar Friday night then onto Big Sky for a few days staying at Huntley Lodge with a few friends. Will post later, but I am very stoked about popping my Big Sky cherry.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Stoked, but unstoked...

Just booked flights for late February, but will miss BBI by one weekend. Hope to at least say hi and meet some locals. Will be in Bozeman looking for Ghosthops bar Friday night then onto Big Sky for a few days staying at Huntley Lodge with a few friends. Will post later, but I am very stoked about popping my Big Sky cherry.
    It's pretty much like King's Ravine.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    It's pretty much like King's Ravine.
    So I should pack? I'm down head first for that.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

From a few days ago. Been dumping ever since.

^^^ 50" at the snow plot on Lookout Ridge is the most I ever remember for X-mas day. Still snowing.

I'm really hoping to make the BS get together. Any deals to be had on tickets or is the best approach to get a lift/lodging package? Spent many closing weekends there in the 90's at the Huntley, condos, etc.
    Can't wait to experience the big changes since my last visit. And the snow is covering the scree/talus to some degree, that's a good sign...

Ticket deals are sparse at best... insider pals might be the only way besides lodging combos (see first few posts).

Scoped the Bridger Bowl scene last week... shit is still outstanding and the season is shaping up.

It's still a ways out, I know, but count me in for the BBI event.

Never done one before, but I'll have the time off so planning on being there for that weekend.

^^Nice Norseman, looks like awesome skiing at Bridger right now.

Djongo, a couple pieces of advice for you re Big Sky. First, call the Big Sky Lodging office 1-800-548-4486 and tell them you want the cheapest ski-and-stay package they can get you. And when they give it to you, ask them if they have anything cheaper because you're attending a convention of lowbaggers and you really need a good deal. Sometimes if they are in a good mood they will arrange a better deal. Problem for you is that without a pass of any kind you do not qualify for the 40% lodging discount. But still worth checking into.

The other option would be to find a TGR local with a Gold Season Pass who is willing to use one of their bring-a-buddy days (we each get 3). This reduces your ticket cost to $79. Not an awful deal compared to the $139 they want to rape you for at the window. Mine are already spoken for to my wife who does not have a pass, but other locals might not be planning to use theirs and might hook you up. The pass holder needs to come to the ticket window with you to do the bring-a-buddy thing, so you would probably want to buy that person a beer at the end of the day for the hassle.

In fact if any Gold Pass locals want to post on here and volunteer their buddy days for BBI, that might be helpful. I'm really not sure if people are planning to use them or not. A lot of people seem unaware of this benefit.

Good luck.

Great idea.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    If I have any Gold buddy passes remaining after some friends roll through in the next 2 months they will go to mags for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I will have all 3 available.

And no, I was unaware of this bennie.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

bring-a-buddy adoption request!

I have every intention of attending and would greatly appreciate being a locals "buddy" if possible. Happy to ship beers ahead of time to hold my slot and start our newly found buddyship off right...is that USPS legal?

I too would love to be a buddy and can come bearing gifts of booze.

3rd if possible! I too will provide a liquid offering.

No hootch necessary. Consider yourselves buddies. I will make a note.

Just bring snow.

Jackattack
    LW Skier
    Moose Knuckles

confirmed.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Just bring snow.

Jackattack
    LW Skier
    Moose Knuckles

confirmed.
    Sweet!

Someone with a big sky pass needs to make sure norseman is taken care of...

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Just bring snow.

Jackattack
    LW Skier
    Moose Knuckles

confirmed.
    party on!

thanks