Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

You guys should browse through the daily videos on the Bridger website. There is some good stuff in there, lots of great skiers, different styles and a variety of terrain are shown. Also check out Ben Miller's you tube videos if you're bored and want to start doing some Bridger couch skiing. You tube Couch skiing is great pre season training. These are quality rescources your fellow dirtbags have provided us.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

I'm a pro couch skier.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    I'm a pro couch skier.
    Dah
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Are you outside my house?

you don't have carpet :-P

Will be there for the BB day, doubting a BS pass at this point so I'd be more than welcome to a tour (conditions permitting) the other days.

I'll check with the mrs. before guaranteeing a place to stay, but tentatively have room for 2 in a spare room on the same bed and potentially more on the couch...

Living 4 blocks from downtown with a sauna in the backyard. Sauna seats 6 ish at a time.

So stoked for winter!
    Obligatory grass sliding from this Saturday:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BZHa2IiB1Gp/
    Opening shots = best powder run of my year (2+years??)

It's going to be interesting to see how this September shakes out historically. I have never seen such a cold and relentless storm pattern as we have been having at this time of year. People are making legit turns up high already and this weekend could be full on in spots!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

STOKE !
    Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how this September shakes out historically. I have never seen such a cold and relentless storm pattern as we have been having at this time of year. People are making legit turns up high already and this weekend could be full on in spots!

Man, I've always wanted to ski BB. The terrain there looks really fun. My brother did 6 years at MSU, but I never made it out to ski with him.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of vacations planned for this year, more than is reasonable for a broke grad student, so I don't think I can swing it. I'll ping the WA folk if I'm back in WA for Christmas. Would be great to make some turns with new and familiar faces.

These satellite BBI events have me thinking...there should be one at Crested Butte! The C team. I only skied CB for a weekend last season so I definitely can't show anyone around, but it's super fun, tight, technical terrain.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 09-21-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

18BBi Bozeman: B-Team Tryouts, March 2/3/4, 2018

When does snow normally start to stick around out here? Will all this white stick?

Looks like early october is active as well, hopefully another 10 inches will be in the forecast.

Don't be the idiot who hurts himself in October. Yes, the snow starts to stick then. Yes the Ridge can get a big dump. Someone always seems to find some coulier full of old snow and just enough new to cover up the rocks or to sweep them down over the old crust (and rocks). Be careful.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

In the 20 years I've been in and out of Bozeman, I learned there really isn't a "normal" onset to the snowpack. Some years October had great backcountry turns, one year I don't think Bridger got open until after Christmas (04-05?). If I had to bet one way or the other, I'd guess 90% of what's fallen will be gone in 10 days. It's pretty early.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    In the 20 years I've been in and out of Bozeman, I learned there really isn't a "normal" onset to the snowpack. Some years October had great backcountry turns, one year I don't think Bridger got open until after Christmas (04-05?). If I had to bet one way or the other, I'd guess 90% of what's fallen will be gone in 10 days. It's pretty early.
    I'm thinking some 3' leeward skiing will be available this weekend somewhere in southwest Montana. Maybe not super steep, but definitely fun(35°).

Wow... Me likey.

From the BB Daily Video archive:

Re-posted for classic BB storm skiing quality!

Good bud crazyskir05 in yellow pants, green jacket, white helmet. This guy will be on deck as prime tour guide.... right, J?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    How long is that?
    Not long, 100ft maybe...but it's right above a traverse. Pull up!

Saber Slice at 1:17 mark...

Saber Slice at 1:17 mark...

That traverse they cross at the end !!! PULL UP PULL UP !! :-P

The ultra classic Hidden Gully at BB

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    I'm thinking some 3' leeward skiing will be available this weekend somewhere in southwest Montana. Maybe not super steep, but definitely fun(35°).
    Are you in Bozeman now?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Great videos Norse! Brings me back, man. Can't wait!