Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    there is no too square, only too blue square.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Gotta admit, I am really suprised about Bridger. Oh, how I feel like a gaper, never having considered the terrain there. I moved up here thinking I may hit it a few times here and there..it looked gnarly but not that gnarly at first glance.. In reality some of the lines are extremely technical and will be a welcoming challenge for me. I need to work on my tight entrances to hits and stuff like that. No need for Supergoats here, more like my 187 -10 Qioxotes.

How's the "Pat's Straightline" run at Bridger? A video I watched makes it look easy. Is it challenging? I love tight little chutes like that. The "diving board" looks fun. Nice tree spacing too, from the videos I have seen. Not too close, not to far apart.

^ My first year in Bozeman I thought the same. After that I had a pass for each every winter.

We can't have new people coming to Bridger Bowl without them knowing how we roll at BB (this video needs to be remembered):

For the record I've got the old school part down. Skiing like this, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    We can't have new people coming to Bridger Bowl without them knowing how we roll at BB (this video needs to be remembered):

For the record I've got the old school part down. Skiing like this, not so much.
    We'd welcome him at LBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Gotta admit, I am really suprised about Bridger. Oh, how I feel like a gaper, never having considered the terrain there. I moved up here thinking I may hit it a few times here and there..it looked gnarly but not that gnarly at first glance.. In reality some of the lines are extremely technical and will be a welcoming challenge for me. I need to work on my tight entrances to hits and stuff like that. No need for Supergoats here, more like my 187 -10 Qioxotes.

How's the "Pat's Straightline" run at Bridger? A video I watched makes it look easy. Is it challenging? I love tight little chutes like that. The "diving board" looks fun. Nice tree spacing too, from the videos I have seen. Not too close, not to far apart.
    Yo BeetleGreen, open your heart to BBowl slidin, you'll be doing a lot of it, I predict. Aren't you a student? Fkn bitchin place to live while studying... schedule your shit to ski every day 'cause it's a 25 minute commute, and why not stretch the degree to five or six years? Weekends get busy now so midweek is the best time to ski anyways. You'll become a much better skier by befriending and following the every-day clans of crusties and professors and fellow pupils and moms and groms, while being blown away by their average skiing ability. I am biased but I think the place rules as a community ski resort.

^^^
    Mofro Jr. will have a pass at BB this year.

Don't set the bar too high for our celestial poster

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Pretty sure I'm too square for BBI.
    Naw dude, while the party gets hyped, it's really about the skiing. I think you'd have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Naw dude, while the party gets hyped, it's really about the skiing. I think you'd have fun.
    And lamb belly bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    And lamb belly bacon.
    Just checking in

Figured they might be. Love my hybrid 191 FATS. Mine are pretty durable, bummer about yours. I know they were pressed at way different times, yours were when things seemed off at PM Gear.
    yeah I guess thats what you get for being late to the party sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Pretty sure I'm too square for BBI.
    if you make the trip to bozeman, i'm sending out a vacation notice.

Don't listen to shroom. Come to Washington. I'd like to ski with you even thought I might have already?

I don't think I can make it to Montana, got a conference the Monday right after. Looking at convoluted flight plans right now

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yo BeetleGreen, open your heart to BBowl slidin, you'll be doing a lot of it, I predict. Aren't you a student? Fkn bitchin place to live while studying... schedule your shit to ski every day 'cause it's a 25 minute commute, and why not stretch the degree to five or six years? Weekends get busy now so midweek is the best time to ski anyways. You'll become a much better skier by befriending and following the every-day clans of crusties and professors and fellow pupils and moms and groms, while being blown away by their average skiing ability. I am biased but I think the place rules as a community ski resort.
    This. Not only become a better skier, but you'll be in shape. The hiking is worth it though, I promise. If your just starting school, get tuesdays and thursdays off and a season pass, you won't regret it.

It was cold today and snow is in the forecast. I'm happy, we desperatley need it,

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    if you make the trip to bozeman, i'm sending out a vacation notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Don't listen to shroom. Come to Washington. I'd like to ski with you even thought I might have already?

I don't think I can make it to Montana, got a conference the Monday right after. Looking at convoluted flight plans right now
    Go to both!

What he^ said, Abe!

Oh, and this.

2nd that ^^
    What he^ said, Abe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    We'd welcome him at LBD.
    The skier reminds me of Tom Jungst...
    Having him show up at LBD would be rad.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    The skier reminds me of Tom Jungst...
    Having him show up at LBD would be rad.
    I have that Headband from when I skied Moguls lol
    I need bindings for my K2 Extremes and a Fartbag and I'm set for LBD

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    I have that Headband from when I skied Moguls lol
    I need bindings for my K2 Extremes and a Fartbag and I'm set for LBD
    You have 210cm Extremes? Those are my unicorn skis. I look and look and look and haven't ever found longer than the 205cm I have. I will fondle them with great care on LBD 2018.

Oh, and I'm hoping a visit to 18BBI Bozeman is in my future. Never been and I can't think of a better group to ski with.

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    You have 210cm Extremes? Those are my unicorn skis. I look and look and look and haven't ever found longer than the 205cm I have. I will fondle them with great care on LBD 2018.

Oh, and I'm hoping a visit to 18BBI Bozeman is in my future. Never been and I can't think of a better group to ski with.
    Far right in my quiver post. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...90#post5097790 I think they are 207's though.

who am i kidding. if i ever make it i will ride mellow stuff for hours. i'm laughing looking at some of the pics, posts, and the trail map. i'm 50, an intermediate boarder with a little boy, a new knee and no affinity for steeps or common sense.

my memory isn't as good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Some BB Stoke. This is Pat of "Pats Straightline" offspring. 17 yrs old and a very good youngster.

https://snowbrains.com/video-niko-hi...idger-bowl-mt/