WTB: Large full suspension bike

My 2006 Stumpjumper just ate it's rear derailleur and fucked the rear wheel up pretty good and I think I've reached the point where I'd be better off getting a newer bike rather than sinking money into what I've got.

Looking for:
    Price around 2K but could be a bit flexible depending on what is available.
    130-160mm of travel
    Size Large
    I mostly keep my wheels on the ground, but do enjoy hitting things up to 2-3 feet high on occasion
    Wheel size: 27.5 or 26, but could be convinced to go for 29 too. I'm currently pretty happy running 2.3 or 2.4 tires so I don't really feel the need for anything much larger than that.

Let me know if there is anything else I should mention about what I'm looking for. As obvious, it's been a while since I've bike shopped.

whats the budget?

for under $2K you can get an nice, new, modern bike.

marin hawk hill, or giant stance.

new parts, warranty, 27 wheels, 120-140 travel, etc. Amazing value now

My budget is around 2K. I typically ride a couple times a week and probably weigh about 190 with all my bike stuff. I'm a little leery of the more affordable Marin's and Giants due to some previous experiences. For background I'm 29 now and I'm figuring to have a bike that sticks around 5-8 years and gets ridden once or twice a week for about 6 months of the year so had envisioned going for a nicer used bike vs a budget used setup. I'll try to track down one of the Giants and Marins as soon as I can. Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone have anything used they are looking to sell?

if you are near bellingham you can demo a marin right out of the parking lot at galby.

Last fall I moved from a ~100mm 26er to a ~100mm 29er Tallboy 1 carbon. It came well equipped - with enve wheels and a 130mm pike. It climbs really well and descends well also. Because it is the first version of the bike, it seems like there are quite a few carbon Tallboys out there right now for around $2k on Craigslist and pinkbike. It definitely seems to meet most of your requirements. A 100mm 29er will ride like a longer travel 27b or 26er.

Another option that I really enjoyed riding was the Salsa Horsethief. There are several on Craigslist for $1800 fairly well equipped. That bike is 120mm rear (or 125) and 130 up front. I'm doing national Craigslist searches, but most are willing to take it to Bike shop to have it packaged and shipped if you cover the cost.

Other suggestions that are similar in the 29er trail bike category that others here have suggested:

Intense Spider 29
    Salsa Spearfish
    Devinci Atlas
    Transition Smuggler
    Ibis Ripley
    Kona process 111

Good luck!

Seth

I might have a Yeti SB66 frame available in excellent condition, it's a size medium but fits like a large with a 24.3" top tube. I don't think I could sell it fully built up, but I could provide a partial build (frame, fork, headset, etc) for it that would let you finish building up for under $2k easily.

Thanks everyone. Preference is for a complete bike Damien, but that SB66 looks like a cool bike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a large 2013 Salsa Horsethief 3 that is in need of a home- very few miles and basically perfect condition, completely stock. Just got fully tuned with new grips.

let me know if you have any interest, would let it go for around $800-900

http://salsacycles.com/bikes/archive/2013_horsethief_3

nevermind