Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Front Range question

Looking for mountain bike ride suggestions on the south side of the city. Looks like we are moving to Parker and all I've ridden are the trails between Golden and Lyons. I really enjoy Hall Ranch in Lyons as an indicator for hose who have ridden in both areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indian Creek is awesome and is usually fairly empty for a Front Range ride. I haven't ridden anything down around the Springs, but I've heard lots of great things. I'm sure someone will chime in about that stuff shortly.

CO Trail out of Waterton Cyn is cool.

Buffalo Creek in 285 near Pine is a good one that isn't too far

Parker kinda blows for mt bike access. There is a little stuff in the Douglas County Open Space inventory south of Parker, and I've heard Ridgeline in Castle Rock is pretty cool.

All that other stuff people are suggesting is pretty far from Parker. i.e. You're not likely to "hit it after work."

Oh, wait - Limon's trails are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Parker kinda blows for mt bike access. There is a little stuff in the Douglas County Open Space inventory south of Parker, and I've heard Ridgeline in Castle Rock is pretty cool.

All that other stuff people are suggesting is pretty far from Parker. i.e. You're not likely to "hit it after work."
    It's 45 minutes to anything from Broomfield so I'm use to driving to ride.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mwthomsen View Post
    Yeah - Parker won't be any shittier than that. I'd add Deer Crik if you like chunk. As well as all the "Golden -> Littleton" stuff - LOTB, Dak Ridge, RR/WM, Chimpex.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah, Parker is worse than Broomfield for MTB access. Maybe you should just buy a road bike.

Its 30 minutes to anything worth riding from Boulder. Kinda boggles me. You're right there... but you're not.

Front Range question

Agree, it is amazing. So much good terrain right there and no mtb. The hiking and climbing is great though.

If you like the rock garden at Hall then Deer Creek will be right up your alley.

Make friends with someone that lives in Ken Caryl so that you can get access to the private trails there.

There is OK riding near Monument but at that driving distance I'd probably spend more time in Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If you like the rock garden at Hall then Deer Creek will be right up your alley.

Make friends with someone that lives in Ken Caryl so that you can get access to the private trails there.

There is OK riding near Monument but at that driving distance I'd probably spend more time in Golden.
    Thanks not a fan of going up the rock garden, but going down is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Its 30 minutes to anything worth riding from Boulder. Kinda boggles me. You're right there... but you're not.
    That's exactly what they want... mountain bikers are the scourge of the earth. The nail in the coffin for me was last year when one of the BoCo Open Space employees told me the City Council "doesn't want any more mountain bikers, they don't spend money like other visitors".

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

Or more time in K/C - if you find that friend.

Thanks not a fan of going up the rock garden, but going down is ok.
    Yup - Deer Crik is the same. Push up the (many) rock gardens, smash and bash on the way down.

Best done during the week during the day to avoid crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Or more time in K/C - if you find that friend.
    Maybe there is someone on here that lives there.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    That's exactly what they want... mountain bikers are the scourge of the earth. The nail in the coffin for me was last year when one of the BoCo Open Space employees told me the City Council "doesn't want any more mountain bikers, they don't spend money like other visitors".
    It's too late for a lot of stuff, but I think this attitude is changing, some new City Council members who are more pro-recreation access, or so it seems.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Surely there's some bandit trail activity?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's too late for a lot of stuff, but I think this attitude is changing, some new City Council members who are more pro-recreation access, or so it seems.
    That's what I've heard, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Its not close. Still a good 30+ out.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    There was a downhill trail discovered on Flagstaff a few years ago, but bandit trail stuff on city open space is likely to get discovered fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    That's what I've heard, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    Well, what's happened with Joder Ranch and the connector to Heil should make you somewhat believe, and real planning is starting on connecting to Betasso (ie, so no road needs to be ridden). Yes, it's all nibbling around the edges after we got royally fucked in the West TSA process. But stuff is happening. And the West TSA plan comes due again in 4 years, I suspect (hope?) the process will be different this go round.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I guess it's "progress".... but Joder Ranch is a glorified dirt road that's a sad excuse for a mountain bike trail (I don't know a single person that's ever considered riding there) and the new Heil 2 Trail is two miles long. Look at the process for getting the 3-mile connector trail along Hwy 36 approved- that thing won't be built for another 3-5 years and it's along a freakin' highway.

I mean overall, I can't complain considering the number of sweet trails we have between Fort Collins and Littleton, but there's so much more potential that it gets frustrating.

What Front Range trails have the best flow in your all opinion?