Nelson Loop at Hall Ranch
    Lair of the Bear
    Upper Apex
    Enchanted Forest

The best flow? How about the most fun?

Hall Ranch
    White Ranch
    Bobcat Ridge
    Horsetooth and Lory (Wathen and Mill Creek, specifically)
    Nederland "stuff"

I also really like Betasso for a mellow, cooler ride, and then Centennial Cone and Buffalo Creek for long, smooth, XC-type rides.

Is anyone following (or care) the Colorado Classic bike race? Seems fun especially the Breck stage and the Denver ->>> Peak To Peak Hwy and back stage. Too bad a point to point stage race didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Is anyone following (or care) the Colorado Classic bike race? Seems fun especially the Breck stage and the Denver ->>> Peak To Peak Hwy and back stage. Too bad a point to point stage race didn't work out.
    Thought the Classic was great but there are lot of kinks they need to work out. Like starting the stages earlier if the the monsoon is in effect, more ticket checkers and beer vendors for the concerts and better signage/maps for how to get into the venue in River North. Hope they can build on it and improve for next year. Bummed I missed the fixie crit on Friday!

Indian Creek (Full, Rox Loop, etc)

Ringtail addon is great, too.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I rode betasso for the first time since the new loop was added, really livened things up versus doing the one loop twice. I think I like the one way traffic, gives a lot of confidence on the blind corners with exposure. I think I liked the direction I had ridden the previous time better though.
    Going to check it out again in a few days
    But not Wednesday!

I rode ridgeline in Castle Rock this morning it is a pretty mellow ride with quite a few blind corners so not really a place to open it up, but beat sitting at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I rode betasso for the first time since the new loop was added, really livened things up versus doing the one loop twice. I think I like the one way traffic, gives a lot of confidence on the blind corners with exposure. I think I liked the direction I had ridden the previous time better though.
    Going to check it out again in a few days
    But not Wednesday!
    The outer (new) loop is much better CW than CCW.

The best way to ride it is start down at the bottom of 4mile Canyon. Ride up the road to the new'ish link trail. Take that to the outer loop, then over to the main loop, then down the super fun Link Trail back down to Boulder Canyon. If you do a couple of laps on each loop it ends up being about 15 miles and 2k+ of vert.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The outer (new) loop is much better CW than CCW.

The best way to ride it is start down at the bottom of 4mile Canyon. Ride up the road to the new'ish link trail. Take that to the outer loop, then over to the main loop, then down the super fun Link Trail back down to Boulder Canyon. If you do a couple of laps on each loop it ends up being about 15 miles and 2k+ of vert.
    Yeah, that's the way I usually ride it too. If you just do it as one big loop (ie no full laps) it's a great quick workout ride. Downside with the quick ride is you never get to ride a full Benjamin CW loop (but I guess that's why you do laps!).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Cool thanks I'll try that. Does that make it more downhill back to the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Cool thanks I'll try that. Does that make it more downhill back to the car?
    Yes, you're starting lower (junction of 4 mile and canyon, there's a small pull out on the NE side before 4 mile and a big pullout on the SW side after 4 mile), so more climbing just to get to the trail. Note that this means climbing pavement, but I like it as a good warmup (and make sure you know where the 4 mile link trail is 3+ miles up, it's easy to miss). And then after you're done doing how many loops (and always a half loop), you get to take the old link trail back to Canyon, which is as rowdy as they come for downhill Boulder mt biking, then another 1/2 mile on pavement to your car. So yeah, the whole point (for me at least, can't speak for Steve) is to get the biggest downhill I can, without having to bike up the Canyon link trail (though that is an option if you hate pedaling on pavement).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Plus, the Fourmile road climb is about as quiet as it gets in Boulder... I usually don't see more than 3-4 cars.

And yeah, I love ending with the link trail down to Boulder Canyon. It rocks.

I typically start/end at the link trial, ride both loops and ride down the 4-mile connector to the creek and back to Benjamin since I hate riding the road on my mtn bike. Only down side is the quick start up the steep trail and the beginning of the link trail.

Cool thanks for the info. Excited to check it out although looks like my next appt in Boulder might be Weds instead of Tues oh well.

More to the OP topic, I've seen it mentioned elsewhere but I just also rode the Staunton state park for the first time recently. It was fun to see something new. Lots of pedestrians though so always had to be ready on the brakes.

Staunton is nice because it's new and pretty, but I wasn't terribly impressed with the trails themselves.

I'n not sure if this qualifies as "front range" but the little scraggy loop in Buffalo Creek is pretty rad. Might be more of a weekend ride than after work though.

Bump.
    What's riding good into the winter?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Winter? Like right now? Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Bump.
    Yur mom

...and just about everything else east of peak to peak hwy
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Bump.
    Let's go ride.... if you're willing to drive a little bit down this way, I'll show you some super fun (and rowdy) stuff that should be primo until we get a good snow storm. I'll have a few pictures later today to prove it.

Awesome. Gonna check out White Ranch this afternoon. Probably get there about 12:30-1:00
    (mrs jm2e working all morning. One big reason we haven't been out of the Fort much)

Awesome. Gonna check out White Ranch this afternoon. Probably get there about 12:30-1:00
    (mrs jm2e working all morning. One big reason we haven't been out of the Fort much)
    Rode WR last Sunday, was primo.

For WR: make sure you do both the Mustang and Longhorn descents. If you want a bigger ride, I'm a fan of the Rawhide loop too. The first 30-40% is fire road and will have you wondering what the hell you're doing, but the rest is super fun singletrack.

It's scary that it's December 2nd.... SO nice out there today.

Name:  CompelDecember-1.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  738.3 KB

Name:  CompelDecember-3.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  570.7 KB

Name:  CompelDecember-4.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  842.1 KB

Front Range question

White Ranch. Glad to ride some new trail outside of The Fart.

Golden Welcome Mat

#buildjumpsnotweirdstaircases

Longhorn was the highlight for sure! That thing rocks. Wish it went on for miles and miles.

Didn’t get great pics in any of the really chunky stuff because we were having too much fun.

Might be inclined to park at the upper lot next time and avoid the communal connector down low. Legs tired today.

Loads of this!

Dog had fun on the post-ride.

Full Moon FTW. iPhone FTW.