Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Under counter commercial dishwasher at home. Anyone have one?

Title says it all. I've always been bugged by the fucking 90 minute cycles of the ol' Bosch. Been thinking about this for years, have done some research.

Probably would be interested in a high temp vs. chemical sanitizer. Don't care about the noice for 2 minutes at a time. I understand most require a 240v circuit. 120v would be preferable but haven't been able to find one.

Can anyone school me on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Sorry, we just put an arrow with "dishwasher" next to it. Restaurant fit out is usually by the chef or owner. So I'm not up on particular units.

Surely, there's a dentist restauranteur on here who can chime in.

Its a lot of scratch first and foremost. Like 3-5k or so just for the unit. Check your dimensions as they usually aren't counter depth.

I bought my house from a chef who had one, and had it taken out. So take that for what its worth.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Its a lot of scratch first and foremost. Like 3-5k or so just for the unit. Check your dimensions as they usually aren't counter depth.

I bought my house from a chef who had one, and had it taken out. So take that for what its worth.
    The new one they FINALLY got at Wildlife Brewing is counter depth or close. But really only built of course for multiple loads over long timeframes. Maybe add another sink with a restaurant quality hose and pressure for a 98% rinse...and then be able to use a light cycle which might get close to 30min. If you need it quicker fuckin wash it yourself .
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

For a variety of reasons commercial stuff like that can be less than optimal at home. Maybe consider two high end residential ones (if space is an issue - maybe stacked Fisher Paykels). Probably no more expensive in the end. So handy I can't describe it. The only hassle is keeping everyone in sync on which one is loading vs clean. It might not address everything you are trying to accomplish - but if you double up on a few kinds of dishes, etc - kitchen operations & dishwasher loading both can proceed apace while one machine is washing.

I've thought about a lot of this stuff already. It's entirely possible to add a sprayer style sink faucet to the sink. Always wanted one of those too.

There is a decent market in used commercial dishwashers for much less than new, and less heavy-duty new ones can be had for just above $2k new. That's still less than a fancy home style euro-machine. Have had a Bosch for years. Like the Sub-Zero fridge, it has seen way more than it's share of expensive repairs. Kinda had it with that whole fancy euro appliance scene.

No room for a side-by-side pair and for some reason the drawer style ones bug me and they still take way too long to get a load done. I built the kitchen with tall counters because I'm, well, tall, so there's plenty of room and the commercial machines specs seem to confirm this.

The way I'll be cooking and cleaning from here on out will be different than it has been. Fewer people in the house. I like the idea of cleaning up dishes after a large gathering in minutes. If it's just me I'm cleaning up after, washing dishes by hand will absolutely happen.

You really go through that many dishes? We just use the timer on the machine and set it to run overnight.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

^^^, no, and that's kind of the whole idea. Loads can be small, and take 90 seconds to complete. For a big event, many loads one after the other. Presto.

Bosch timer went out. Again. $350 or some shit to repair. Again. Fuck that. And 60-90 minutes for a load to get done?

I know, I come up with weird shit.

I hand wash just about everything I use. It's nothing but a stink box and the kids use it to store dirty everything. We do the same as mf; overnight and it's usually half full because I have trouble walking past the sink mostly.

I understand the larger gathering post wash need. Mostly solved by the real friends that get involved in the aftermath too. The holidays were mostly china up until now and that never got near the washer, nor did the crystal.

I'm gonna say you're overthinking this one.

your putting alot of thought into this dishwasher shit

maybe you just need to hire some hot mexican chick to be there and do your dishes for you?

all the high end kitchen I do usually have two dishwashers, the brands these people have are either bosh or fisher paysomething I like my cheap fridgidare one works like a champ
    had one customer swap out a perfectly new highend bosch dishwasher because it wasn't getting their dishes clean, find out they were putting dishes in covered in food, grease, and what not no pre rinse or clean the plate off in the garbage first, bought some stupid expensive one guess it cleaned them better cause we didn't change it again

so just buy two dishwasher bro

Miele 2 drawer are in vogue round these parts. suckage - mechanically sloppy, delicate, gasket sealing issues.

I'm selling (CL - could be gone this afternoon) ss bosch with the food macerator.

"STINK BOX" I tell yea

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    ^^^, no, and that's kind of the whole idea. Loads can be small, and take 90 seconds to complete. For a big event, many loads one after the other. Presto.

Bosch timer went out. Again. $350 or some shit to repair. Again. Fuck that. And 60-90 minutes for a load to get done?

Our Miele just died, the inflow valve crapped out for the third time now over 11 years...similar cost to repair.

Miele has really incredibly crappy customer service as well. So...sign me up for a similar query.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

We've had an Asko for many years with no problems. Gets the dishes clean after dumping solid food in the sink or trash--no pre-rinse. I did replace the utility sink with a restaurant style stainless steel sink with a sprayer--for big parties like Thanksgiving when the pots won't fit in the regular sink. The sprayer is amazing. Particularly good for cleaning paintbrushes. Of course it doesn't come close to the CA mandated 2gpm.

If you can't wait 90 minutes for the machine to wash your dishes you need to rethink life.

I've thought about a lot of this stuff already. It's entirely possible to add a sprayer style sink faucet to the sink. Always wanted one of those too.
    get the sprayer, they are really, really useful

There is a decent market in used commercial dishwashers for much less than new, and less heavy-duty new ones can be had for just above $2k new. That's still less than a fancy home style euro-machine. Have had a Bosch for years. Like the Sub-Zero fridge, it has seen way more than it's share of expensive repairs. Kinda had it with that whole fancy euro appliance scene.
    I have a machine made by CMA, not under counter, it is a slide through. It has over 116,000 cycles on it with zero repairs. It has a 90 second cycle. Still runs perfect. Powerful, efficient, easy to clean and maintain. Jackson and Hobart are top of the line commercial but that's overkill.

No room for a side-by-side pair and for some reason the drawer style ones bug me and they still take way too long to get a load done. I built the kitchen with tall counters because I'm, well, tall, so there's plenty of room and the commercial machines specs seem to confirm this.

The way I'll be cooking and cleaning from here on out will be different than it has been. Fewer people in the house. I like the idea of cleaning up dishes after a large gathering in minutes. If it's just me I'm cleaning up after, washing dishes by hand will absolutely happen.
    If you are cooking and then cleaning up right away commercial may suit you well. If you let a few dishes stack up then run the machine a few hours later, non commercial may be better for you. Commercial machines are great for moving lots of dirty dishes along at a fast pace. Sometimes this doesn't translate well to home use. For holidays and parties commercial is awesome. For casual cooking, maybe not. At home, I will make three meals a day with my family, stack plates in the dish machine, then run it all together one time overnight.

On commercial high heat is great, less chemicals going down the drain which may matter to you if you have a septic field. That high heat can also cook foods onto the plate if foods such as eggs sit there for a long time. They are amazing at removing fats. Metals are hot as shit when taking out of the machine. I have a low temp machine FWIW. Every now and then I consider getting a high heat booster but then other things take precedence and I forget about it. My current machine uses a liquid detergent, sanitizer and a rinse additive. It works great for me.

I do wonder what the fuck goes on in those machines that run for 90 minutes.

Only experience with a commercial kitchen weekly doing dinners for 150 to 200 people- plates, bowls, everything but glasses being used is china. They have a spray sink with disposal to pre-rinse every dish and the silverware bins. They tray up the dishes after that and run them through a wash and sanitizing, then fast drying cycle 2 times via a commercial dishwasher (not under the counter- counter height cage type that opens by raising up the cage. Things that can make it hard to get clean- no scraping of the dishes, allowing the food to dry on the dishes, especially harder to clean in the first place stuff, and not packing the dishes properly - so they are packed too tight or touching and not enough separation.

Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    I do wonder what the fuck goes on in those machines that run for 90 minutes.
    Most do 2 detergent wash cycles (with option for longer or just 1 quick wash) and rinse after each before they go into a drying cycle which can be as long as the wash/rinses are. A drying/anti-spotting agent helps with the drying but usually does not decrease the time of the total cycle.

Do want

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

Fisher Paykel Dishdrawer is perfect for what you're wanting. I've had a double for 14 years. I've been able to do any repairs myself, they're really easy to work on. You can run one or both. You can do 38, 88 or 112 minute cycles on the 'eco' mode with no drying. Non 'eco' mode increases cycle time but I don't use it.

Ski club I used to be in had an under the counter commercial dish washer. It was awesome. Not sure what model. I've always wanted one. 90 seconds and cleaned almost anything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

For the sprayer faucer Grohe K7 are super nice and have a kind of industrial chic thing going on, Not cheap by a long shot but super handy, works great and you'll never have to replace it. Works like a normal faucet until you toggle it on and unhook it from the bracket thing.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GROHE-K7-...FQZ6fgodKFMAhQ

My first job as a kid was a dishwasher in a very shitty restaurant where we sent the poor low kid on the totem pole through the conveyor belt washer.

You may run into issues with that with a undercounter set up. But I'm not aware of the size of your children so your mileage may vary.
    I still call it The Jake.

Under counter commercial dishwasher at home. Anyone have one?

We had a Hobart in the fraternity. Not under counter but I see they sell a few for 6k. That thing would eat ribs off plates in minimal time cycles. Oatmeal crust, etc would be of minimal concern. But yeah they'll cost you.

I hate the loud kitchen aid that came with our house but it doesn't even have a stainless bin so low on the quality scale.

Everything I can remember reading in recent mammary sez bosch is the tits?

An appliance repairguy ski bud told me to make sure the water is hot enough, buy good detergent but don't let it absorb moisture under the sink (those pucks nowdays are great) and nowadays there is lots of repair info on the WWW so i have never had to pay for it

Other than that my minimalist tendencies have always just made do with whatever DW was in whatever house I was living in and spend the money on skis/boats/bikes

and I mean talk about 1st world problems fuck ... you got a dishwasher

rocking an SS kitchenaid right now and before that Kenmore
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-07-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    For the sprayer faucer Grohe K7 are super nice and have a kind of industrial chic thing going on, Not cheap by a long shot but super handy, works great and you'll never have to replace it. Works like a normal faucet until you toggle it on and unhook it from the bracket thing.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GROHE-K7-...FQZ6fgodKFMAhQ

That's purty. But the most important question is, Can the low flow restriction be defeated easily? Because all the fancy tech in the world isn't going to make 1.75gpm feel like a real commercial full pressure sprayer.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I'd just get a commercial one m'self.