FS: $195 Tennis Racket Stringer (Alpha Pioneer III)

[SOLD]

Probably not a great fit for posting here, but since I'm often posting on skimo stuff at TGR, here goes...

After a mere decade+ of forgoing competitive tennis in favor of more aerobic pursuits, I finally realized that if I ever do break a string (which I haven't done over the previously referenced decade+), I'm probably better off paying someone to restring my racket every decade, so might as well sell this if anyone is interested.
    Purchased new in the late 80s.
    Even after probably several hundred string jobs, everything still looks and moves so beautifully that I could probably get away with claiming I'd used it only several times.

I was curious if I was the only one with that reaction, but some searching revealed a forum thread with the title of "Alpha Pioneer III: like I've visited an old friend..." and an excerpt of: "I also learned that the Alpha Pioneer III has stood the test of time. It really is built like a tank."

The downside of that high-quality build though is the weight for shipping: about 46 lbs, plus a few extras and a box will probably bring it to 50 lbs total shipping weight from 01002.
    But if you're willing to pay the UPS charges on top of the $195 asking price, then I'm willing to box it up.
    Alternatively, I can probably get it to the Boston area in the near-term, VT during ski season (expansively defined of course from late October through early June), and somewhere along 01002 to 13905 throughout the year (i.e., Amherst/Northampton > Springfield MA > Albany NY > Binghamton NY).

Pictures with captions (when you click on each individual picture and then also click the "i" icon in the top right) should be visible here:
    https://goo.gl/photos/B7u3tzdGsiCfKyPn7

[SOLD]
    Last edited by Jonathan S.; 08-10-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

We had that same stringer growing up. Brings back memories. Free bump.