Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    League safe.com - no fees - they get paid via abandoned leagues and interest on buy ins. league members vote to approve payouts so nobody can take money and run.

ESPN is free and mostly customizable, most common site so those in multiple leagues don't have to log in multiple places during the season.

The League Safe site looks like a viable option. If that's the case I'm thinking $50 buy in with a payout similar to last year depending on the number of entries...ESPN as the host is fine also.

edit: FWIW there are some fees with the League Safe set up but they're pretty minimal. Anybody who's considering should probably take a look: https://www.leaguesafe.com/HowItWorks
    The Sheriff is near!

That League safe site is interesting.... payment in amazon GC or Visa GC with no hit so thats pretty decent. I only use my winnings on shit i don't need! haha

I'm in again for whatever you guys decide.

Advice: CBS allows you to put a $amount to waiver pickups. It can be real money or fake. The site doesn't care. I would encourage a site that lets us do this, (prolly with fake $). This feature adds an element of thought and excitement to waivers...bidding process that honors the low man at the same time. Food for thought

Not for nothing, but our Yahoo league auto renewed...

I get defending champ Ticketchecker in week 1

Do we have a tentative roster?
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The league hasnt been completely set up. You have to confirm the settings, which includes the draft type/time
    the commissioner has to that is

So far 9 of the 10 players from last year have said they'll play again. There are 5 new players who have expressed interest in joining so that would give us 14 which is fine with me. My guess is we won't get all 14 to pay up but we'll see.

Refresh my memory...which one of you guys was "sexual chocolate"?

We can stay with yahoo or go elsewhere...setting up the league with the host is pretty much a no-brainer. FWIW, Yahoo is still offering the cash league option so it would be a one-stop set up but: "Important: Residents of Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nevada and Washington are restricted by law from depositing money to play in paid contests." I'm sure it's the same at league safe.
    The Sheriff is near!

2017 NFL Fantasy League

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I get defending champ Ticketchecker in week 1
    Ahh, success is fleeting in FF. I drafted Jerry Rice #1 overall the year he tore his ACL in week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    So far 9 of the 10 players from last year have said they'll play again. There are 5 new players who have expressed interest in joining so that would give us 14 which is fine with me. My guess is we won't get all 14 to pay up but we'll see.

We can stay with yahoo or go elsewhere...setting up the league with the host is pretty much a no-brainer. FWIW, Yahoo is still offering the cash league option so it would be a one-stop set up but: "Important: Residents of Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nevada and Washington are restricted by law from depositing money to play in paid contests." I'm sure it's the same at league safe.
    I'm forsure in and will pay ASAP so just let me know when and where and i'll be there!

On as well, let me know where and when to pay and draft. Good lord will my I'm not an auto draft chump this year!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

So given that the league from last year has renewed and yahoo offers a cash league option I'm definitely leaning in that direction. I'll give it a couple more days and see if anyone objects.
    The Sheriff is near!

Yahoo works for me. I won my other yahoo league last year, so I look forward to going 0-12

I am Sexual Chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I am Sexual Chocolate
    You sure are!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I am Sexual Chocolate
    So unless I've missed you that leaves Smiling Vodka Bisons as the only hold out from last year. I can't remember what his user name is but I'll shoot him an email to see if he's still interested. For the new players, I'll get you the sign up info in the next couple of days but before I can do that we need to pin down an entry fee. $50?

FYI Sandbox has emailed our hosts to see if they'll kick in some swag. Thanks Bro...
    The Sheriff is near!

There are 5 new players who have expressed interest in joining so that would give us 14 which is fine with me.
    I'm out if we're going with a 14 person league. Even playing with 12 kind of sucks, the waiver wire has absoute crap for available pick-ups. 10 is the sweet spot

If we do yahoo, do a free one and we'll just pay GB. Screw paying them to keep for us. And if we have any WA peeps or other banned states, they can play without issues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I'm out if we're going with a 14 person league. Even playing with 12 kind of sucks, the waiver wire has absoute crap for available pick-ups. 10 is the sweet spot
    If you're me it doesn't matter, the waiver wire always sucks. That said, it's one thing to have 14 say they'll play and another to get them to pay up. Would you play with 12? I originally set it up last year for 12 then had to delete it and reset for 10.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    If we do yahoo, do a free one and we'll just pay GB. Screw paying them to keep for us. And if we have any WA peeps or other banned states, they can play without issues as well.
    I'd really rather not have to deal with that. It's a headache I don't need. I don't foresee us having any issues filling the league even with the legal restrictions but if it's a deal breaker for enough of you, maybe someone else we all trust would be willing to step in?
    The Sheriff is near!

I'm in for $50. Also on the large league, i get the frustration with a lot of people. Maybe if we can get a couple more guys we can run 2 leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I'm in for $50. Also on the large league, i get the frustration with a lot of people. Maybe if we can get a couple more guys we can run 2 leagues?
    Based on past experience I'm going to say that's a long shot.
    The Sheriff is near!

I'm in again for whatever you guys decide.

Advice: CBS allows you to put a $amount to waiver pickups. It can be real money or fake. The site doesn't care. I would encourage a site that lets us do this, (prolly with fake $). This feature adds an element of thought and excitement to waivers...bidding process that honors the low man at the same time. Food for thought
    ESPN Will allow this as well. My long term 12 team ppr league uses a $100 budget and auction system for waivers, definitely adds another layer of thought to the game

Based on past experience I'm going to say that's a long shot.
    Fair enough.... i'm the commish in one of my other leagues and i totally get it. its a lot harder to organize then i had imagined... haha

TGR will throw in a swag bag for the winner as well!! Awesome!