Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Mountain Collective 17/18

Who's got the Mountain Collective pass for this upcoming season and what are your plans? We got in a few months ago and are planning on trying to hit as many as possible. I figured it would motivate us to get out and see some new areas.

So anyone have travel plans yet? We'll maybe splurge on a trip or two later in the season but I'll be trying to get some in on short trips to cut down on lodging expenses. Definitely hoping to ski Aspen, Telluride, Jackson, Snowbird/Alta, and Taos depending on conditions. Might be camping in the truck or looking for floor space in/near these areas.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    This will be my 5th season with a Mountain Collective Pass. Locally I'll be skiing Mammoth (bonus 3rd day) and Squaw/Alpine. Planning on a trip or trips to UT for Alta, Snowbird, and Snowbasin. Will visit other areas based on conditions.

Depends what happens, probably working at snowbird in the winter and have to decide between an alta upgrade for my pass or the mountain collective.... especially when I'll get 50% off tickets a lot of places anyways... hmmmmm

wife and I have mid Feb to Mid March off, and are buying MC passes. WIll be doing a BIG loop, 2 days at each place, and a day off to drive

We live in banff, so start here, Reve, sunvalley, squaw valley, mammoth, taos, telluride, Aspen, Alta/Bird, snowbasin, jackson, home.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/223+J...9291!3e0?hl=en

If anyone has extra room for us, we will make you an AMAZING meals, if you have somewhere for us to stay.

^^ We're about 45 minutes away from Squaw, but you're welcome to stay. Guest room, plenty of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I have it along with the Max Pass. Pretty much covers me both east and west. With that combo, 16 days in Utah alone. Now two days at Alta and Snowbird each. Enjoy it while you can, every year brings something new in this industry, this could be the golden years.

Trying to figure out how I can get two weeks straight off over xmas to make a trip to Canada.

They've pulled the pricing until the fall sale starts again. Anyone remember the $$ numbers? For some reason I think it was $599 or $699 US$

I have one, but no plans yet.

Wifey & I have MC passes and a Sprinter RV. We have two firm timeline trips planned, just weather dependent since we don’t need to confirm lodging with our rig. After Christmas we will likely go to Revelstoke and then Banff, and from late February into early March another trip where we are hoping for good snow timing in Jackson Hole, Alta, Snowbasin, and Snowbird. Sun Valley, Mammoth, Squaw, Telluride, and Aspen are all spots we are hoping to ski throughout the season too.

With days that come with my Abasin pass, I'll have 5 days at Taos. So here's hoping they get nailed this year at some point. only 4.5 hrs away and cheap lodging.

Mrs. C. and I have had the MC pass every year since they started -- I forget how many that is now...

We'll be doing another Jackson/UT trip, hoping to add in a day at Targhee finally. I'd like to get up to Canada, as I've never skied Banff, Lake Louise, Revelstoke, etc., but we'll see how the snow conditions go before booking anything.

If Tahoe really sucks next winter, and the Rockies don't, maybe Aspen/ Telluride/ Taos road trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

MLK weekend. Utah with wife and our little girl on her free MC pass then drop them at airport and finish my week in Jackson solo, or wherever has snow within a 17 hour drive home to Moose.

T-Ride in March with our usual Iowa/Chestnut crew.

I have one. I'm planning on doing a Sun Valley/Utah/Jackson trip at some point next season as well as a trip up through B.C.

First year without the Squaw pass so I pulled the trigger, since it'll be easy to do 3 days at Squawlpine, 2 at Mammoth and then at least a few somewhere else.

Shredgnar - want to swap nights in Truckee for Aspen? (you have a place there right?)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Shredgnar - want to swap nights in Truckee for Aspen? (you have a place there right?)
    I am in Summit, about three hours to Aspen. But the guys from dumb and dumber couldn't tell the difference. If you want to ski Breck, Copper, Abasin or any of the others while in CO though let me know.

Mountain Collective 17/18

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I am in Summit, about three hours to Aspen. But the guys from dumb and dumber couldn't tell the difference. If you want to ski Breck, Copper, Abasin or any of the others while in CO though let me know.
    Do you walk to Aspen? Or drive a 5 mph scooter? I think the miners got to Aspen faster.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Do you walk to Aspen? Or drive a 5 mph scooter? I think the miners got to Aspen faster.
    Sorry, 2.5 hrs. Forgot everyone on this site was such experts at travel times. I have actually never been to Aspen in the winter, and if they don't fix that bridge in G-wood it'll take a lot longer than 3hrs to get there.

Sorry, 2.5 hrs. Forgot everyone on this site was such experts at travel times. I have actually never been to Aspen in the winter, and if they don't fix that bridge in G-wood it'll take a lot longer than 3hrs to get there.
    Takes me 3 from Denver so it sounds like you still walk there

Takes me 3 from Denver so it sounds like you still walk there
    Wow, that's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    ^^ We're about 45 minutes away from Squaw, but you're welcome to stay. Guest room, plenty of space.

Thanks, that would be amazing. Will message you this winter to set it up

Got a MC. The last few years have done a Jackson/LCC trip and a Aspen/LCC trip via the train. May try and think about expanding -snowbasin/ maybe Tahoe?
    Decisions Decisions

If MC added a Mtn closer to Denver, like A Basin, I'd be all in.

With days that come with my Abasin pass, I'll have 5 days at Taos. So here's hoping they get nailed this year at some point. only 4.5 hrs away and cheap lodging.

Watch for the Taos Inn 4 nights for the price of 3 again this year, I hope. Ask for a courtyard room. Every night they have music.

If MC added a Mtn closer to Denver, like A Basin, I'd be all in.
    Well, hell, Abasin is only 299 (it was last year) and you get three days at Taos, so, as mentioned, five with the MC. Such a deal!