Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    ^^^^right on!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Still watching the weather to figure out if we still start in Utah next week (first ski day Sunday Jan 14th) or divert to JH. Right now looking like JH unless the forecast improves and Utah gets better coverage. The wife and daughter have a one way flight back to Iowa out of SLC on Tuesday night so no matter what I have to be there then to drop them off but I have the rest of the week to myself. Might head right back up to JH, might go to Sun Valley.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Just left JH yesterday. It is still skiing decent - south facing slopes are crunchy with variable coverage. The north facing pitches are well covered, with chalky snow. Stay up high on the mountain. As long they get a few inches every couple of days it will be fine. It’s not all-time epic skiing at JH but still pretty good and worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Just left JH yesterday. It is still skiing decent - south facing slopes are crunchy with variable coverage. The north facing pitches are well covered, with chalky snow. Stay up high on the mountain. As long they get a few inches every couple of days it will be fine. It’s not all-time epic skiing at JH but still pretty good and worth the trip.
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like the usual for JH. We are making the call Thursday by noon...deadline to cancel our hotel in downtown SLC Saturday night.

Thanks for the report. Sounds like the usual for JH. We are making the call Thursday by noon...deadline to cancel our hotel in downtown SLC Saturday night.
    Think about staying a night or two in Ogden and skiing @ Snowbasin. We just did 6 days last week hitting each of the resorts on the pass 2x (Alta, Bird, Snowbasin). Hotels in Ogden were super cheap and Snowbasin actually had a decent amount of terrain open (every lift except the Tram and could access more runs via some gates than the website suggests). Obviously can't compare to the other two LCC resorts when fully operating. Snowed the last day ~5" of Sierra Cement but was still pretty thin. Skied much better than the Bird that week though.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    Think about staying a night or two in Ogden and skiing @ Snowbasin. We just did 6 days last week hitting each of the resorts on the pass 2x (Alta, Bird, Snowbasin). Hotels in Ogden were super cheap and Snowbasin actually had a decent amount of terrain open (every lift except the Tram and could access more runs via some gates than the website suggests). Obviously can't compare to the other two LCC resorts when fully operating. Snowed the last day ~5" of Sierra Cement but was still pretty thin. Skied much better than the Bird that week though.
    Thanks for the report! With the new fresh snow that should cover some rocks and stumps that is what we are probably going to do. Snowbasin Sunday, Alta/Bird Monday Tuesday. We have a room booked in downtown SLC. Could still cancel but wife decided we'll just ski with our 7 year old ripper and have fun and relax downtown. We go to JH a lot and SLC is a nice chage plus I'm heading up there the second half of the week regardless.

Plenty of chalky fun at Snowbasin today. The bottom of the mountain was pretty scraped by the end of the day but the top was nice.

Alta tomorrow.

Alta skiing very nicely today! Plenty of soft stuff left in the steeps. Some rocks are here and there but mostly avoidable. I think we will do Alta again tomorrow and then I will head up to JH to close out the week. They opened mineral at Snowbird today but we totally missed it. Sigh.

Alta skiing very nicely today! Plenty of soft stuff left in the steeps. Some rocks are here and there but mostly avoidable. I think we will do Alta again tomorrow and then I will head up to JH to close out the week. They opened mineral at Snowbird today but we totally missed it. Sigh.

Didn't miss a whole lot honestly. Skied good enough but it was just manky heavy chunder and avy debris. Was nice to ski in the sun though!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Didn't miss a whole lot honestly. Skied good enough but it was just manky heavy chunder and avy debris. Was nice to ski in the sun though!
    I'll bet! Well it would be nice meet you as well so we missed out twice. The north facing stuff at Alta was primo IMO though so no regrets. Also not too busy.

Just booked a room at Hostel in JH Wed and Thursday night.

Another great day at Alta yesterday. So glad we didn't divert to JH for the first half of our week. So much good snow in the steeps and not much pressure from skiers.

Dropped wife and daughter at SLC airport and then slept here last night somewhere between Wayan, Idaho and Alpine, Wyoming. Definitely colder than Utah. 5 degrees when I woke up.

Taking the day off and slowly working my way north to JH.

Another great day at Alta yesterday. So glad we didn't divert to JH for the first half of our week. So much good snow in the steeps and not much pressure from skiers.

Dropped wife and daughter at SLC airport and then slept here last night somewhere between Wayan, Idaho and Alpine, Wyoming. Definitely colder than Utah. 5 degrees when I woke up.

Keep up the good work on updates, headed that way in 2 weeks. Good to hear Alta wasn't terrible. Headed to JH first then maybe down though UT or Sun Valley depending on where the better snow is. Prefer to just rock UT as we have more options and shorter drive home.

Ugly, on the way into JH today, will using my 3 days there Thurs-Sun with a possible Ghee day, weather depending. When are you here until

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Did a quick Utah-Wyoming trip right before Christmas while bumming it in the back of the tundra with a buddy. We hit Snowbassin, Snowbird and Alta. Snowbassin barely had any snow but was super nice about letting us crash in their lot as long as we stayed somewhat invisible. Snowbird was pretty disappointing as well with barely anything open and not much of an effort to make snow. Alta was pretty rad rad about having a lot open and allowing you to go somewhat everywhere even with the poor snow cover so it was pretty nice to finally get some more advanced skiing, also got a taste of what real Utah skiing might be like when we were hit with a little 1 foot storm on our last day.
    Plan as to hit Telluride but last second decision to follow a storm allowed us to end up in Jackson. We slept in the hostel parking lot after getting into the Teton Village round 12, we weren't bothered until we tried to repark the car in the ranch lot that morning and found out it was 15 bucks to park (wtf!) decided to go to one of the more remote lots to pick up a stranger and get in for free (ranch lot has a 3 person cars park free rule). Skiing in Jackson was really dope with nearly the whole mountain open and enough snow to keep us finding stashes all day. The storm was also underestimated which didnt hurt! After our two days in JH we had to start driving back to California in order to be home for Christmas and not face the wrath of our mothers. On our drive through Idaho we were very close to saying fuck it telling our families we had gotten stuck in a snow storm and sneaking off to Sun Valley.
    Now just waiting for California to get pounded by some storms in order to head off to mammoth and squaw to get my fix.

Wish I could have waited for more snow in utah to actually get the full experience but im a college student on a tight schedule....

Gonna be skiing Revelstoke and drinking beers Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Skiing Rogers Pass with a guide on 1/30, then Kicking Horse backcountry with a guide 1/31. Back to Revelstoke 2/1, 2/2, 2/3.

Give me a shout if you want to make turns, enjoy some brews, or split guide costs!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Ugly, on the way into JH today, will using my 3 days there Thurs-Sun with a possible Ghee day, weather depending. When are you here until

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Just Thurs and Frid. At Hostel. Will PM digits if you want to take a run.

JH was okay today. Trams were almost walk on. Great cord in the morning on Apres Vous and the Teton lift trying to figure some new skis out and then I gave up and went back to my Blizzards and we explored Sublette which was blown out. Alta 1 and 2 closed. Hard snow bumped out so we dropped. Thunder and T3 were skiing the by far the best with good snow and soft bumps and everybody was lapping it. All the lower faces were closed. Some windbuff in the bowl was kind of fun depending on the tram. Decent mellow day. Alta had way better snow but Teton Thai neutralized. JH needs refreshment.

Incoming system tonight. Fingers crossed for fat ski fun in the morning.

Also fire alarms and sprinklers at the Snake River and moose in the Village.

My MC pass has now paid for itself in two trips (to Sugarbush with Grom1 and a loop around Colorado last week that included Ajax, Highlands and Telluride (on the storm day woo).

If you're traveling on a mortal budget like me, I stayed in the Comfort Inn & Suites in Carbondale for the Aspen leg - $95 a night, 30 minutes from the hill +/-. It was clean, the hot tub worked and there were free cookies. Also, White House Pizza is less than a mile down the back road - highly recommend.

Was going to do Utah if the wife allows, but if the MC is dying and Canada isn't on board for next year, I'm reconsidering a LL/Banff, Revelstoke (+Kicking Horse) swing in late February. They seem to be hogging the flippin' snow anyway. Any beta on cheap lodging across the white Way North would be welcome.

t-ride:
    Name:  tride.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  242.8 KB

15+ cm at SSV this morning, and more comming

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...w-to-ski-banff

Anyone from Colorado want to head to Utah with me this weekend? Use this mountain collective pass!!

Heading to T-Ride a week from this Friday. Anybody else going to be in the San Juan house? Kid in high school so have to travel during spring break for the time being.

Considering Silverton on Thursday March 15th for a medium group just to bite the dog that bit me and try to get past my anxiety from the incident. Still have some ptsd from blowing out my knee there 2 years ago and wrecking the morning for a group of worthy rippers.

you can do it!
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Was going to do Utah if the wife allows, but if the MC is dying and Canada isn't on board for next year, I'm reconsidering a LL/Banff, Revelstoke (+Kicking Horse) swing in late February.
    Who said MC is dying?

Big Sky on board next year. Still have kids pass and bonus day. Looks good.

https://mountaincollective.com/?utm_...ign=S18strike1

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Check your email & spam folder -- I got an email this morning from Liftopia with a $10 code valid for the 2018/19 MC pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

EDIT: My bad. Looks like last year was $399.

For early purchase last year, was it only $299 or $349? Or am I remembering things incorrectly?