Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Taos could be easy. You can camp in the lot. I could drink till last call at the hotel bar then crawl into the back of my truck and pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I am in Summit, about three hours to Aspen. But the guys from dumb and dumber couldn't tell the difference. If you want to ski Breck, Copper, Abasin or any of the others while in CO though let me know.
    Not sure why I thought that. Anyway depending on the timing I'm happy to host maggots in Truckee. We've got 3 bedrooms and a comfy couch.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I missed the early bird this year as the price with the crappy Canadian dollar wasn't great. What did you guys pay and any idea what the price will be when they go back on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I have one. I'm planning on doing a Sun Valley/Utah/Jackson trip at some point next season as well as a trip up through B.C.
    YO! The Mrs and I are in on this too. Let's talk.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    YO! The Mrs and I are in on this too. Let's talk.
    Nice!

I have one. I'm planning on doing a Sun Valley/Utah/Jackson trip at some point next season as well as a trip up through B.C.
    Have bought and planning this also, without the B.C. bit - got the extra day too which is nice Did BC roadtrip last season.

Also they are allowing Alta and Snowbird separate, rather than it being a Alta/Snowbird pass so that's 4 days in LCC rather than 2.
    Find a Path That Captures Your Heart and Follow it to its End !!

My folks live in SLC so we chose our bonus day at the bird, 5 days in LCC for $400 is a value in itself. everything else is gravy.

planning to hit:

aspen/snowmass before xmas in Cosprings
    revelstoke - banff sometime in Feb/March
    A week in LCC in March/April followed by...
    jackson - targhee - sun valley March/April

telluride > taos > mammoth > squaw would be an epic road trip, but not likely this season.

first ever pass looking forward to checking out some places. 2.5hrs to Taos. road trip to Aspen and Telluride. May drive up to Bozeman to visit son ski utah and Jackson never been to either. no plans just wait to see how the winter shapes up.
    off your knees Louie

We should keep this thread going as a roaming check in and meet-up spot since it's hard to follow all of the local threads separately.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

We picked this up for 1st time ever as well. Planning on either a Utah or Revy/Banff trip in addition to bonus day at Squawpine and a trip to Mammoth/June in the spring.

Love Alta/Bird.....is Banff area normally pretty thin snow wise? Terrain looks fun if conditions are right.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    is Banff area normally pretty thin snow wise? Terrain looks fun if conditions are right.
    I guess that depends on your definition of "thin". Compared to the local hill, Lake Louise in Feb '16 was fat. Great skiing on the backside, but I still found a rock or two.

I don't have the MCP, but have the Mammoth up grade which is all the MCP hills at high price, but no free days. No plans yet, but an SLC/Jackson trip is always fun. I just don't seem to be able to get away long enough to make a long road trip to justify the full MCT, and mostly rack up days at Mammoth.

Mtnlion and skibee, send out a note when you are heading Mammoth way. I'd be happy to show you around, and might be able to help with accommodations. I don't have a place, but get to use a friends place at a reasonable rate.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    We should keep this thread going as a roaming check in and meet-up spot since it's hard to follow all of the local threads separately.
    I 2nd this suggestion.

I 2nd this suggestion.
    I was probably gonna delete it cause SnowShow was being mean....

Mountain Collective and Epic Pass.
    Too many options now.

i just saw that they came back online today for purchase at $469 US. What did everyone pay during the earlier sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    i just saw that they came back online today for purchase at $469 US. What did everyone pay during the earlier sale?
    $389 plus 2% cash back by using active junky.

If you missed all ~10 of the emails that came out today, looks like they added Niseko. And Hakuba is back.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    $389 plus 2% cash back by using active junky.

If you missed all ~10 of the emails that came out today, looks like they added Niseko. And Hakuba is back.
    damn i don't think i ever saw the $389 price... plus the 3rd free day.... SOB!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Mountain Collective and MaxPass.
    Too many options now.
    Fify. Screw the Epic mountains.

Hmmm, looking at a Squaw/ Alpine pass as primary pass. Squaw gold pass is $220 more than Silver, main benefit is it gives unlimited 50% off at Mountain Collective locations. Not sure I would recoup the extra $269, would require me skiing roughly 4 days at MC sites. Or I could really spend and add the epic local pass that would give me Kwood. Decisions decisions.

Edit - The more I think about it, the more getting the full MC pass makes sense. Will be close to SLC and I have places to stay in SLC, Tride, Jhole, and Aspen. Why am I even considering this?

MC and Max would be dumb unless you have an RV and a shit load of time off. Either go RMSP+ with a Max, or an Epic with a MC. Either way you have a ton of options, probably more than you can handle, and are paying over a grand. Personally, I'll probably be going with a Abasin weekday pass and the MC. For about $600 I gets what I needs.

Benny, I love how you hate on VR like a true Epic Local™

MC and Max would be dumb unless you have an RV and a shit load of time off. Either go RMSP+ with a Max, or an Epic with a MC. Either way you have a ton of options, probably more than you can handle, and are paying over a grand. Personally, I'll probably be going with a Abasin weekday pass and the MC. For about $600 I gets what I needs.

Benny, I love how you hate on VR like a true Epic Local™
    I don't have an RV (Hoo boy, there's a money pit) but I do have a shit load of time off. And, I like to have the freedom of chasing storms. That's worth a few hundred.

The MaxPass got me when they added the ORDA mountains in NY. Now, I have a ton of options both east and west, too many to use. Ten days at Gore/Whiteface, five at Killington, two at Sugarbush with the MC, ten days in Maine, then seventeen days in Utah alone along with the MC. If only there was a Maxpass for clean motels, but, Booking.com usually bails me out.

40 dollar parking at Vail is enough to hate on VR. Oh, and Breckenridge. Just, Breckenridge. The town, the mountain, the people........

Real locs don't pay for parking at Vail Benny.

Lucky locs don't pay for parking at Vail Benny.
    Fify

Vail sucks, anyway.

Don't know why I'm arguing. I don't ski any of their hills anymore either. But I'm glad thousands of others do. Fuck it, if they are willing to pay those prices then I cant fault Vail for taking their money. Pretty ingenious plan Vail had starting way back with the buddy passes. Get a whole generation hooked then gradually increase prices as that generation grew up.