Kicking Horse in Early August?

Our family (3 boys under 8) will be staying at the foot of Kicking Horse in a week. We have a raft trip booked and I know the other families we are meeting have looked into activities, but I'm curious what folks here would recommend for family friendly activities, hikes, etc. in the general area. Also, how is the border crossing in Roosville? Generally congestion free in the evenings? We'll be coming from Jackson so should be a nice long drive with the kids..

Thanks!

I've had great luck at the Roosville border crossing. Super mellow, and friendly border guards in my experience. Can you bring me up a pallet or 2 of beer? Thanks in advance.

This is a great website for local hikes - http://goldenhikes.ca/trail/gorman-lake/

That Gorman Lake hike would be good for the young ones cause it's a pretty short bump from the trailhead. You'd need a rig with a bit of clearance for the last part of the road, but good bang for your buck up into the alpine.

Glacier/rogers pass is incredible and worth a hike. Maybe the great glacier trail in the Asulkan Valley or up Connaught creek behind the visitors center. 1 hr drive from the base of KH.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Drive slow, homie.

Cool pump track in Golden that would be good for kids.

I think Yoho is one of the most underrated parks around - lots of cool stuff in there. I don't have kids, so I don't have first hand experience, but I think that they would do well.

Another good family outing would be to take the gondola and go for a little hike and a picnic up on the ridge. Family passes are $95 so that's not too bad (even better with the exchange rate for you). Lot's of fires in BC this year so hopefully the smoke won't be too bad.

camping is right on the river which is pretty cool
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know