Question Vancouverites: Questions About PNE Amphitheatre

I just bought tickets to a concert at the PNE Amphitheatre that's coming up in a couple weeks. I've never been to the venue before. What's it like? From what I've seen it looks like there's a standing area up front and then bleachers behind. Is that the usual concert setup? Will I need to get there really early and wait in line to get a good view? Anything else I should know?

The concert is Echo & The Bunnymen and The Violent Femmes on August 3rd. They're in Seattle the night before, but I only found out about it a couple weeks ago and by then that show was sold out, so Vancouver it is!

2017 Summer Night Concert Amphitheatre Layout

Edit: $72 for GA?!!!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    2017 Summer Night Concert Amphitheatre Layout

This isn't a "Summer Nights" concert. It's all GA. It least I hope it is. The only tickets I saw were GA.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This isn't a "Summer Nights" concert. It's all GA. It least I hope it is. The only tickets I saw were GA.
    well since I was guessing I'll continue with that vein and say it was probably the other seating arrangement they had which was basically the same minus the front area reserve seats. Sounds like it will be a good concert. Been a while since I've been to a big venue (bigger than my small town) so I was surprised by the price.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Keep in mind that's Canadian $ !

I'm not sure what face was for the Seattle show at Woodland Park, but tickets on Stubhub are $125. That's a little ridiculous for sitting on the grass, IMO.

I've never been to a show there, so I can't comment on seating arrangement.

But The Femmes were here a few months back (in a much, much smaller venue) and they put on a fucking excellent show. I'm surprised to see them back so soon. Hopefully it's another top notch performance.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Glad to see the Femmes are still around. They played at a friend's house when I was in college.

See: https://www.google.com/amp/s/housesh...y-rob-roy/amp/

Am I tripping or is there another thread from like 2 years ago where the AD asked about a venue and KQ responded with seating charts?

Maybe just deja vu all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Am I tripping or is there another thread from like 2 years ago where the AD asked about a venue and KQ responded with seating charts?

Groundhog Day

54-46 is my number.

Unfortunately, it's his handle. Clearly the best name on here imo. Wish I'd thought of it. I've been consistent on this.

Just to mix it up:

Toot's vocal, yow.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

I don't remember, but it's certainly possible.