Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1600
    Had my Super Freerides out today in 20in of slightly upside down pow at the Gee and wished I was on something slightly fatter, softer, where the tips stayed up on top easier when not moving fast, and pivoted easier when moving at a slower speed. The Super Freerides are a great ski, with a little nudge down the fall line, they plane out and carve on top of pow with ease, but something fatter where the tips didnt submarine when wiggling slower would of been nice in deeper snow.

Pretty sure I’m coming up with a BS reason to buy another pair of skis, but that’s what we do as ski whores? Not sure my knees will like a pair of Protests or if they will be better then the Super Freerides, 203cm Shiros, or 202cm Fischer Rangers in deep pow. The Super Freerides and 202 Rangers fill pretty much the same niche, and the 203 Shiros are good in all types of pow except pow in tight trees. Pretty sure 196cm Protests wont be better in anything then what I have, but maybe the 192cm Protests will make skiing trees easier.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Anyone else having issues with getting some of the topsheet graphics on the Praxis customization website to load?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Anyone else having issues with getting some of the topsheet graphics on the Praxis customization website to load?

Yes, mostly the new graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Think I'm going to order up some 179 RX's for next year. Flex 3+, heavy+carbon core, with a nylon topsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Think I'm going to order up some 179 RX's for next year. Flex 3+, heavy+carbon core, with a nylon topsheet.
    Why not enduro core?

Someone talk me out of an order for a 189 Rx #4, heavy. Surely there could be no justification for a ski like this in a quiver that includes a BG and Governor?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Rx>BG
    Themz fightn werdz

maybe he means Rx ---> BG

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Rx=BG..

Pick your poison. Both get the job done, just different flavors.

I almost impulse bought an Rx this year.

Almost.

Low snow year bc ski / manky snow, brush dodging ski? Currently use my 187 UL GPO for this type of local skiing that usually has a exit with about a foot of snow on roads, logging debris. (Praxis bases are bomber as you know)

187 GPO is definitely too much for this type of skiing. I dislike the tip on the GPO when touring in heavier snow (slip back each step from softer splayed tip+pintail?). I do like the low tide float and that it's generally thoughtless to ski in variable conditions.

Thinking: 182 skinny GPO or 180 BC? Maybe 182 skinny Q? Something else?

that is what is sitting in the shopping cart!

Quote Originally Posted by spknmike View Post
    I dislike the tip on the GPO when touring in heavier snow (slip back each step from softer splayed tip+pintail?). I do like the low tide float and that it's generally thoughtless to ski in variable conditions.

Skinny RX? Doubt a skinny GPO would fix those woes, Q might, but I would think that RX tail would be a solid fix for those issues

Edit to say I would strongly consider a Concept for this as well
    Last edited by eskido; 04-16-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Low snow year bc ski / manky snow, brush dodging ski? Currently use my 187 UL GPO for this type of local skiing that usually has a exit with about a foot of snow on roads, logging debris. (Praxis bases are bomber as you know)

187 GPO is definitely too much for this type of skiing. I dislike the tip on the GPO when touring in heavier snow (slip back each step from softer splayed tip+pintail?). I do like the low tide float and that it's generally thoughtless to ski in variable conditions.

Although you're likely headed in a different direction from a skinny GPO, scroll back to post #1189 and follow on down. The consensus (including from Keith), is that the closest thing to skinny GPO is a BC.

I took that to mean that a BC would feel more like what I'd want a skinny GPO to be than shaving 10mm off a GPO would.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Although you're likely headed in a different direction from a skinny GPO, scroll back to post #1189 and follow on down. The consensus (including from Keith), is that the closest thing to skinny GPO is a BC.

I took that to mean that a BC would feel more like what I'd want a skinny GPO to be than shaving 10mm off a GPO would.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I am pretty much set on an enduro core Rx or On3p steeple for a short tour ski. I cant decide if I want the Rx’s edge hold on wind affected snow, or the steeples surfyness in untracked snow (whether fluffy or manky)..

I skied on Rx’s today, 8” on top of crust and ice moguls. Patches of ice mixed in with pockets of medium density soft snow. Great resort charger, one of best. The Rx is one of those kind of skis I can just leave in my car, and know it can handle anything if I ever wanna get out for an hour or two for some laps. They excel in so many conditions I’d never think “I wish I was on something else”..

If the rx wasn't twin tipped I'd be all over it. Wonder if Keith would make one with a square tail...

RX is hardly twin tipped. It has a little tail rocker.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    If the rx wasn't twin tipped I'd be all over it. Wonder if Keith would make one with a square tail...
    Maybe a super freeride, like skibrd has?

Rx has a pintail, no point in squaring it off.. or well, I personally don’t like flat pintails. The Rx tail has the perfect amount of purchase on firm snow, and still can get a little loose in the soft stuff. It’s very balanced feeling.

Here’s Lars CA on the Rx for his winning run at Snowbird a few years ago

https://youtu.be/SftoHhE5qq8

The reason I went with the Super Freeride instead of the RX was only because I wanted a 194 RX and it doesn’t exist, yet... Keith suggested the Super Freeride because it was the closest he could come to an RX in the length I wanted. I have not skied the RX, yet...

Understand that if you go with the Super Freeride with Carbon, you HAVE to get in front of the ski and make it do what you want, if you even think about driving from the middle of the back of the ski, you are fucked. It’s a great ski if you drive from the front, it carves on hard pack and in pow, slarves when asked, is stable at any speed, you just need to be in charge.

I picked up a pair of 4 stiffness non-carbon standard Freerides, and if they are what I hope, next summer I’ll order a new pair of Super Freerides in a 5 flex and no Carbon. That’s the only change I’d make at this point to the Super Freerides.

190 BC or Flex 4 180 BC. 190 if taller than 5’ 11”, 180 Flex 4 If down to 5’ 8” and 180 Flex 3 if shorter.

Great ski for low tide mank BC snow exits that lead to lava rocks, creekbeds, manzanita, chamise, roads etc ...only after 5 seasons of skiing on such surfaces am I regrinding the edges (bases are still intact with no gouges).

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

If the rx wasn't twin tipped I'd be all over it.
    For BC skiing? Or resort?

You are getting a UL Protest to tour, so you know what’s up with G3 tail clips instead of BD.

I got into skiing after the explosivs got round tails, so I don’t understand all the love for square tails.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Rx between GPO’s has a more friendly tail imo
    Say more about friendly tails. This seems to be where I've run into problems with skis. The Freeride comes to mind.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    For BC skiing? Or resort?

You are getting a UL Protest to tour, so you know what’s up with G3 tail clips instead of BD.

I got into skiing after the explosivs got round tails, so I don’t understand all the love for square tails.
    I guess I am being overly dramatic. I would prefer the protest have a square tail too but I'll cope, as you rightly pointed out. RX a strong candidate for next year