Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    On the couch? Those belong on your bed with a bunch of sweaty nut prints on em
    Haha, my entire apartment has the same flooring that you can see in those photos, I was just looking for a higher contrast background for them.
    Last edited by glademaster; 10-19-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    On the couch? Those belong on your bed with a bunch of sweaty nut prints on em
    A guy can fuck on the couch too, you know.

Netflix and chill.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Here they are: 182cm Skinny Q, Flex 3, Heavy+Carbon Core, Cherry Veneer Topsheet. Sexy as fuck, IMHO.

Attachment 214164

Attachment 214165

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Here they are: 182cm Skinny Q, Flex 3, Heavy+Carbon Core, Cherry Veneer Topsheet. Sexy as fuck, IMHO.

Attachment 214164

Attachment 214165
    Those are never gonna work for ya, look at that funky ass sidecut and, and, and... just fuck, they're not gonna work it's a horrible idea. I'll pay for shipping and disposal so you never have to look at them again. Your welcome. I'm sure I'll be hearing from you within the hour.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

2nd Dibs on disposal

did anybody order and receive skinny RX this year??

edit: searched better and found neckbeard's posts ... anyone else?

Maybe a change of subject, but can anyone point me to a review of the Yeti? Seriously, I tried the search function.

For those who have ridden one... How aggressive is it (does it punish you if you end up in the back seat)? Pretty big sweet spot? Damp or springy? Shape looks versatile, which would be good for here in NM. Looking to upgrade the ski for the wife who is currently on a Karhu Betty (decent edge hold, super skinny) and BD Drift (nice float, might as well have plastic edges).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi_Lee View Post
    Maybe a change of subject, but can anyone point me to a review of the Yeti? Seriously, I tried the search function.

For those who have ridden one... How aggressive is it (does it punish you if you end up in the back seat)? Pretty big sweet spot? Damp or springy? Shape looks versatile, which would be good for here in NM. Looking to upgrade the ski for the wife who is currently on a Karhu Betty (decent edge hold, super skinny) and BD Drift (nice float, might as well have plastic edges).
    http://www.searchjong.com/

My 2c as a Yeti owner.

Super versatile ski. In the stock flex (2 I believe) it is not punishing in the slightest, damn easy to ski. It isn't going to rage through variable like a Zero G 95, but if you're skiing at moderate speeds that most people are in the BC its very good. Slight oscillation adds to the edge hold (or at least my mind tells me it does) and it works great in boot-top pow thanks to its significant rocker.

If I had to have only my Yeti or Lhasa Pows for BC I'd take the yetis. But then I live/ski in a not very deep snowpack (CO) and love corn skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    did anybody order and receive skinny RX this year??

edit: searched better and found neckbeard's posts ... anyone else?
    Update...

One thing I like about the somewhat more trad RX shape is that for touring, it lets me use a shorter ski than I'd normally have. Skis with more tip and tail rocker than the RX tend to sacrifice running length and ski short, which means you need to get a longer ski to compensate. And there are many non-pow backcountry applications where I just dont want a longer ski, or am prepared to go without for the benefit of longer distance tours. I want a lightweight short convenient touring ski with a reasonable effective edge and large turn radius. RX 106 has been doing well in that roll and skis nice enough in a shorter length (forehead height)

As for veneer, I wont get that again for a touring ski. It is getting smashed. I feel inclined to sell them asap before resale drops due to topsheet damage. Harsh but true.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Update...

One thing I like about the somewhat more trad RX shape is that for touring, it lets me use a shorter ski than I'd normally have. Skis with more tip and tail rocker than the RX tend to sacrifice running length and ski short, which means you need to get a longer ski to compensate. And there are many non-pow backcountry applications where I just dont want a longer ski, or am prepared to go without for the benefit of longer distance tours. I want a lightweight short convenient touring ski with a reasonable effective edge and large turn radius. RX 106 has been doing well in that roll and skis nice enough in a shorter length (forehead height)
    I've never really thought about this... really great insight, something that will certainly have some weight when considering my next touring ski for sure
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Update...

As for veneer, I wont get that again for a touring ski. It is getting smashed. I feel inclined to sell them asap before resale drops due to topsheet damage. Harsh but true.
    I’ve had the same thought about my Quixote’s. This is my first bamboo veneer ski. The ambrosia maple I had previously seemed much more durable. Keith has told me himself that the hardwoods are more durable than the bamboo.

Are your skinny rx also bamboo?

I am interested in both a skinny GPO and a skinny rx for a daily touring application in the northwest. Enduro/Carbon with hardwood veneer. You make good points about length vs rocker profile. I’d be interested in a 184 skinny rx or a 182 vs 187 GPO. If keith can really tweak the rocker slightly, maybe make the skinny GPO more of an ullr rocker profile (45cm tip, 20cm tail I think vs 55/35 for GPO) to give it versatility.

Or maybe the move is skinny rx for daily tour and normal GPO for pow touring. Or bibby tour. Decisions. But with the weight savings and dampness of the veneer, I’d like to try it again. But I won’t buy bamboo veneer again.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Finally got these bad boys mounted!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Praxis is doing a Cyber Monday sale, and yes, Rx's (2016) are available: (https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/rx/?...rce=newsletter).

[edit] 2017/18 Rx's are also avilable.

Keith is doing the first nylon topsheet run of Quixotes as well (https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/quix...rce=newsletter).

PM me if you need a code.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-26-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Correction, those Rx's are the 2017-18 standard Rx's. There is some 2016s available with the nylon topsheet in 169cm. But those sexy new planks are this year's. It's a Cyber Monday deal.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Praxis is doing a Cyber Monday sale, and yes, Rx's (2016) are available: (https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/rx/?...rce=newsletter).

Keith is doing the first nylon topsheet run of Quixotes as well (https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/quix...rce=newsletter).

PM me if you need a code.

... Thom

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Correction, those Rx's are the 2017-18 standard Rx's. There is some 2016s available with the nylon topsheet in 169cm. But those sexy new planks are this year's. It's a Cyber Monday deal.
    I wondered about that, as well as the gorgeous new topsheet. I see that he's now making a 184 as well, for us weenies.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I wondered about that, as well as the gorgeous new topsheet. I see that he's now making a 184 as well, for us weenies.

... Thom
    Yes, he actually added the 184 version a year or so ago, maybe two! I have a pair of the 184s, #4, enduro carbon, maple veneer waiting for me at home (will be there in January).

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Finally got these bad boys mounted!

I always liked the topsheet on the right. Jesters eh?

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Yes, he actually added the 184 version a year or so ago, maybe two! I have a pair of the 184s, #4, enduro carbon, maple veneer waiting for me at home (will be there in January).
    Ah! Previously, I'd only looked at the chart (which is still missing 184) and not the dropdown selection.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I've just finished reading all 39 pages of this mouth watering thread. A thank you to all of you geeks out there in custom land for all of the detailed and informative information.

I plan on adding to my quiver around the end of January if all goes well.

I've decided on the custom Quixote @182CM with a custom nylon top sheet graphic using a combination of some of the various Praxis designs.

American flag bases [would love to also have the American flag Praxis name on the opposite end] dare to dream big!

A #4 flex enduro core or enduro carbon. If possible a bit longer camber too.

I'll have to chat with Keith a bit first of course and bring up a few other thoughts I have and see if they'll be possible and the +/- 's of it all. I see many emails back and forth in the future. Thanks again to you all and Praxis for the serious stoke.

It's going to be my first pair from them so I might as well go custom. In the meantime I'll live vicariously through some of you. Cheers!

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Dammmmmn. The RX’s are astonishing. Perhaps the best ski ever?? Somewhat traditional feeling, but still very maneuverable when you need them to be.

Now I know what Flowing Alpy is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Dammmmmn. The RX’s are astonishing. Perhaps the best ski ever??

Now I know what Flowing Alpy is talking about.

you finally skied them? a few more words seem necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    you finally skied them? a few more words seem necessary!
    Oh man, sooo good.

I will write a little more later

My buddy picked up a pair of older rx’s with carbon for touring. He has other touring skis but grabs the rx’s almost all the time, even when I think conditions might suggest his other skis. Pair of backlands and dfit speeds and he’s ripping everything. I’m curious. Have to try them