Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the feedback!! Specially from Jason, love to hear more from anyone else with any skinny RX exp or thoughts... I don't see the BC as a resort DD charging machine although it does seem to be a stellar all around design that I might pick for a go to anywhere anyhow stick. Just not what I'm looking for in this build. I want something as burly and easy and competent as an RX while as easy as a wren and just a hair narrower
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    ^^^^ Interesting. The copy you posted is from the “standard edition skis” section of the website but the copy from “custom skis” reads “The Standard Edition Backcountry is offered in a #2 flex,” with this being the copy for custom suggestions “Custom build your Backcountry for resort skiing in a MAP-fiberglass with a #3 or #4 flex.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, interestingly enough these skis showed up today and are clearly marked #2 flex on both the topsheet and the build spec sheet included even though they are noted as a #3 flex on the website and shown that way on the topsheet image. I wanted to provide some clarification since there is one pair of the stock 170cm BC left. Very nice looking skis!

I got some clarification from Keith. The 180 / 190 lengths are #3 flex for the standard build, 160/170 are #2 flex.

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Follow up on my Piste Jibs. After a base grind and tune these are all that I wanted in a east coast daily driver so much fun and easy to ski all sizes of bumps they smear and lock in with just a touch of pressure and so easy to maneuver in the tightest of Vermont hardwood
    Very happy but wish they came out of the wrapper this wayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3576.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	228131

^great looking set

My 184 PJs are the perfect EC daily for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    ^great looking set

My 184 PJs are the perfect EC daily for me too
    X3

Adding to the above, after the full tune on my PJs they are a complete different ski for the better. Can actually lay down some carves finally and engaging/disengaging the edges in bumps is much more consistent.

The RXs still dominate my quiver. They are eating everything in sight out here in BS in what I'd consider highly variable conditions. Best ski evar.

Sent an email to Keith about this over the weekend but he must be busy. Any mags know the answers?

What's the sidecut oscillation on the yeti all about?

I emailed Keith over a week ago. I know the guys busy but I have yet to hear back. I want to order some new 192 ProTest with a certain build and have questions. Anyone have another way to get in touch with them?

I'm in the same boat. When I previously emailed him his responses were lightning quick. I was planning on chilling until midweek when I'd resend my queries if still unanswered.

the Sierra is getting FEET of snow a day right now ... and it's Saturday ....

I wonder why Praxis isn't answering email?

^ But I emailed them before snowmageddon...... not looking for a response today. He'll probably respond next week when the snow settles down and everyone has their fill of face shots! Super stoked the sierra is getting hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    the Sierra is getting FEET of snow a day right now ... and it's Saturday ....

I wonder why Praxis isn't answering email?
    Good. I Hope they shred to their hearts content!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    everyone has their fill of face shots!
    I've never heard such blasphemy! 😀

Quote Originally Posted by santaclaus183 View Post
    I've never heard such blasphemy!
    Very true....

so Keith got back to me about the oscillation in the yeti sidecut. sounds reassuring in that apparently they backed it way off when they were first playing with adding it in.

My question to yeti owners is does yours have the oscillation and if so how subtle is it? I owned a pair of lib tech skis and hated the magnetraction but subtle it was not. It sounds like Keith and his team had the same reaction as me to overdone oscillations so I guess I'm just looking for some confirmation from current users.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ^ But I emailed them before snowmageddon...... everyone has their fill of face shots!.
    My Praxis BC’s did well in 5’ of Sierra Pow yesterday, better than my touring poles which even with powder baskets basically went all the way, hand to surface of snow while skinning.

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer’s Wootests also seemed like they were decent for the conditions:

Even MapleLeafGillies’ MVP’s showed that you don’t need a big bat to send it deep out of the park:

Saturday 3/17 was a fine day to ski Praxis in the Sierra!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Damn, those are some sweet shots.

I picked up a pair of used custom 9Ds -- heavy core with carbon and #4 flex. Just mounted them up tonight and, unlike Tahoe, conditions here are perfect for them. They have an excellent, consistently stiff hand-flexing feel.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    My Praxis BC’s did well in 5’ of Sierra Pow yesterday, better than my touring poles which even with powder baskets basically went all the way, hand to surface of snow while skinning.
    Didn’t you get UL GPOs this season? Why the BCs for this huge storm then?

Curious since I just got a pair of GPOs and am just awaiting some Tectons and skins to show up before I get to tour on them.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post

Curious since I just got a pair of GPOs and am just awaiting some Tectons and skins to show up before I get to tour on them.
    My old 190 bcs skied powder better than the 187 gpos I had for a while. And way better than my current skinny gpos. For me at least. YMMV

In my experience, the pow performance of the GPO is mount dependent. On the dimple, it dives. -1 it floats well. No one here seems to complain about the pow performance of the BC.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post

Actually I got enduro-veneer GPOs (182) and mounted them -1 with Marker Lord binders. My 180 BCs have Speed Radicals on the dimple (which is really far back compared to other Praxis skis). I should have just gone with Kingpins on the GPO, but I was trying to keep it consistent with the rest of my quiver since my wife and I have inserts on all our skis.

Would have been a more interesting choice this weekend if I had touring bindings on the GPOs ... at -1 I have yet to experience tip dive on them in very consistent and blower storm snow pow. They haven’t yet been in ultra deep multi-layer snow yet.

I can say that the BC tip is very wide and hard to sink - the progressive and soft flex up there keeps the tip pretty high in the snow, and also I’m a really light skier. But I had a couple moments this weekend when the tips hooked up underneath variabilities in layer density in super deep snow and I went over the bars. I think Saturday was the first time I ever toured in 150cm of pow.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I've owned 180 and 190 BC's (pretty sure both were on the line) and currently own 182 UL (at -1) and 187 GPO's (at -1.5). Tips probably stays up more on the BC's, but the GPO's are surfier/ more fun. I should note that I'm old enough to have skied plenty of pow on skinny skis and still enjoy it on occasion. I tend to consider problematic tip dive "user error." But if you want skis with utterly unsinkable tips GPO's are probably not the ski for you. Something more pintailed would be the right call.

I tried searching the thread and I can't seem to figure it out but what is the Praxis spring sale? How much do a set of custom protests go for approximately and do you buy them now and they are ready by the Fall? Is that the deal that I seem to gather from the bits and pieces I could find on other sites? It was from a couple years ago so prices may have gone up I don't know but basically it said you can choose your core your Flex top sheet bottom Etc

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app

I think it starts this weekend. 50% off so the standard 1300 would be 650. Usually you can stack codes too so I PM’d you my loyalty code which should get you another 15% off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums