Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Lithic said they might make me an Rxesque someday,
    till then I’ll remain on Tabke’s brainchild built in Tahoe.
    The combination of your's and neck beard's posts really have me leaning toward a skinny Rx, but the eventual start of the season here in CO will tell the story, as I've yet to make a single turn on my Q's. At least I'm getting in better shape trail running :-(

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    The combination of your's and neck beard's posts really have me leaning toward a skinny Rx, but the eventual start of the season here in CO will tell the story, as I've yet to make a single turn on my Q's. At least I'm getting in better shape trail running :-(

... Thom
    My super Freerides are giving me looks sitting in the corner every day... maybe I should of toured on them in October and November...

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Rx: In the Maple/Ash heavy core, and #5 flex, they really charge for me at 200lbs. Not quite as hard as Monsters, but almost up there with 191 Wrens. Even though they are stiffer and have a longer turn radius than the Wrens, they don't feel that way. They are so nimble and fun for such a beefy ski, but can straight-line whenever you call upon them. I think they are more "fun" than 191 wrens, the wrens are a little more locked in. I just skied the 191 Monsters yesterday though too, so I may be noticing more playfulness than I normally would. I need to A/B the Rx and Wrens to get a better comparison.

It's one of the most versatile skis too, they just do so well everywhere. I need to get them into deep powder and tighter trees though before I can comment any more on versatility. But I bet they will work great in powder, even in the layup I customized. The rocker profile is absolutely perfect. Quite a bit up front to make everything easy, and then just enough out back to stop from locking you into the turn. Plenty of power through the camber. Honestly, they are probably the best carving 116-120 skis I have ever skied. The only ski that is in the same ball park, are the old Blizzard gun smokes, but those are thinner. I like the sharp AF edges on the praxis, straight from the factory.

I really like the (-10mm) Quixotes too. However I like the Rx more. I say a lot of positive things about a lot of different skis, but the Rx is a standout ski. I could ski Rx's everyday, and they would follow me anywhere, cause no fuss, provide a burly feel in wide open, but also tango with me through tight spots. This ski might be my new favorite. I need more time on it, one day won't suffice.

Praxis makes great skis. I wish I hopped on bored years ago. I have been missing out!
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 11-29-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    My buddy picked up a pair of older rx’s with carbon for touring. He has other touring skis but grabs the rx’s almost all the time, even when I think conditions might suggest his other skis. Pair of backlands and dfit speeds and he’s ripping everything. I’m curious. Have to try them
    I would love another pair with the enduro core for touring.

This makes me rethink my purchase decisions for next years spring sale, if Praxis does it again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The new graphic on the Concepts and Rx is super sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    the least hyped most versatile ski on the market
    I only have one day on them, but I also think they are the most versatile ski I have ever skied.

I like the shape and rocker profile so much, that I am getting an Enduro core Rx for touring as my next Praxis.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Rx: In the Maple/Ash heavy core, and #5 flex, they really charge for me at 200lbs. Not quite as hard as Monsters, but almost up there with 191 Wrens. Even though they are stiffer and have a longer turn radius than the Wrens, they don't feel that way. They are so nimble and fun for such a beefy ski, but can straight-line whenever you call upon them. I think they are more "fun" than 191 wrens, the wrens are a little more locked in. I just skied the 191 Monsters yesterday though too, so I may be noticing more playfulness than I normally would. I need to A/B the Rx and Wrens to get a better comparison.

It's one of the most versatile skis too, they just do so well everywhere. I need to get them into deep powder and tighter trees though before I can comment any more on versatility. But I bet they will work great in powder, even in the layup I customized. The rocker profile is absolutely perfect. Quite a bit up front to make everything easy, and then just enough out back to stop from locking you into the turn. Plenty of power through the camber. Honestly, they are probably the best carving 116-120 skis I have ever skied. The only ski that is in the same ball park, are the old Blizzard gun smokes, but those are thinner. I like the sharp AF edges on the praxis, straight from the factory.

I really like the (-10mm) Quixotes too. However I like the Rx more. I say a lot of positive things about a lot of different skis, but the Rx is a standout ski. I could ski Rx's everyday, and they would follow me anywhere, cause no fuss, provide a burly feel in wide open, but also tango with me through tight spots. This ski might be my new favorite. I need more time on it, one day won't suffice.

Praxis makes great skis. I wish I hopped on bored years ago. I have been missing out!
    Rx

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Rx
    Flowing Alpy has said it for years. I wish I took his advice sooner..

He knows his stuff.

I only have one day on them, but I also think they are the most versatile ski I have ever skied.

I like the shape and rocker profile so much, that I am getting an Enduro core Rx for touring as my next Praxis.

Would you post a good rocker / profile picture of those RX?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Would you post a good rocker / profile picture of those RX?
    Seconded. Very intrigued about the RX now.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

What's the weight of your heavy core RX?

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Flowing Alpy has said it for years. I wish I took his advice sooner..

He knows his stuff.

I just picked up a pair of 193 MVPs, standard layup and I’m stoked to the bejesus to try them out

Nice^^^post some pics.

Putting wax on my protests for the first time tonight. We need some snow. Not taking them for their virgin ride on low tide.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Nice^^^post some pics.

Putting wax on my protests for the first time tonight. We need some snow. Not taking them for their virgin ride on low tide.
    Don't be skurred. They're tools not jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Don't be skurred. They're tools not jewels.
    Clearly you don't care about your skis. You burn them up in house fires.

Clearly you don't care about your skis. You burn them up in house fires.
    Ha!

I got my carbon enduro core, 4 stiffness, 195 Super Freerides (+10mm) out today for the first time today and wow are they fun. Super smooth in crusty, icy, powdery trees, weird conditions today, but tomorrow should be soft.

They love to get off the snow, or I was comfortable skiing them fast and was carrying that speed off things because they are so stable. They are very confidence inspiring on anything that's not a traverse. On traverses, a the tips have that carbon flop/flutter to them that annoys the shit out of me, even when put up on edge.

The swing weight is really low, and they look like they have a ton of tail, but that might be because I mounted them on the line. I was slight curious as to how they might feel mounted 1-2 cm behind recommended, but I'm going to give them another 10 or so days before I move the mount around.

The Super Freerides were not the easiest skies on wind blown crust, but that is probably due to being 118 mm under foot. In trees with crust and some soft snow on top, they were very predictable, and went exactly where I told them to go. The mellower the trees, the easier they were, but I think that was more conditions then anything else.

In crud they cruise right through it with out a second though if I keep enough forward pressure. If I stand up a little, the Super Freerides fly off any little pile of crud, which was cool and very different then how the Shiros skied. The Shiros tips tended to plow through crud, and the tips tended to get slightly hung up in pow piles. The super Freerides didn't seem to have the same issue, which I conclude is due to the tip being less of blunt and more tapered.

So far I'm pretty happy with the Super Freerides. They do what I want, when I want, which is nice. I'll be back after 10 days on them with a better review. You guys will have to wait though because the suns coming out for the next week or so...

Rocker pics for Rx. Hard to get a good one..

Don’t have a weight.

Rocker pics for Rx. Hard to get a good one..

Don’t have a weight.

I figured there would be more Italian leather shoes in a trust funder's closet.

You should send those Heads to me for proper disposal, they are lethal weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    You should send those Heads to me for proper disposal, they are lethal weapons...
    I really suggest you try a pair. Great skis. No speed limit, yet not hard to turn whatsoever. A rare combo.

I got another day on the skinny Quixotes today. Super fun, almost jibby, and easy to ski..yet still pretty stable.

As good as the Skinny Q’s feel, I am debating selling them. If anyone wants them, PM me.

Undertow, you were right! I should have went bigger on them.. and stiffer. Great skis, I just customized them for the wrong person lol..I thought theyd be closer to the weight/flex of my Rx, but they arent in the same ballpark.

I am not “clicking” with them as well as I thought I would. Honestly, what it comes down to is I am too heavy for them..They are too light for me inbounds, and the mount point feels a little too far forward for my style.

Someone lighter than me, and more creative, could have an amazing time on these. They are very good skis, just not my style unfortunately.

I want to keep them in the quiver as a playful ski, since I dont really have any of those, but thinking a wren 108 or Skinny Rx would suit me better.

Which leads me to start thinking about my next Praxis custom.. Do I go standard Rx, enduro/#5, for touring. Or skinny Rx, Heavy/#5, for daily driving inbounds.

Didn't you just say you want a touring rig in the quiver thread? Question answered.

Didn't you just say you want a touring rig in the quiver thread? Question answered.
    I wish I kept those Viciks

I got another day on the skinny Quixotes today. Super fun, almost jibby, and easy to ski..yet still pretty stable. [/url]
    Yesterday ^^
    Today vv

As good as the Skinny Q’s feel, I am debating selling them. If anyone wants them, PM me.
    I am not “clicking” with them as well as I thought I would. Honestly, what it comes down to is I am too heavy for them..They are too light for me inbounds, and the mount point feels a little too far forward for my style.
    LOL, sorry
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime