Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    You mean my fiance? That's right. I'm getting married. Figure this is as good a place as any on here to announce it officially. Popped the question end of June.

And no, you can't see her titties. Those are all mine
    Fuckin' A. Congrats.

Does she know about your gf titties fetish?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Congrats dude

You'll finally get to see some titties
    LOL.

Dunno man, she's pretty tough... he's gonna have to work for access

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Fuckin' A. Congrats.

Does she know about your gf titties fetish?
    She knows. She thinks I'm an idiot. Laughs at me.

How do I know when my skis are being built or does an awesome present just show up at the door. Don't really care, it's September...just curious.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

usually you'll get an email when they are ready to ship, don't think so much the build date.

^^^That's how it's been for me
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

As they said^^^^... The six pair I jave ordered Keith will send a note to you stating your skis are done and will confirm your shipping address... He will follow up with a shipping notification and tracking info...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^^^^yessir x?
    Got my email this am. Like a kid the day before Xmas. Probably won't be here before a week or so and see snow for a month or so but still going to be hard to sleep tonight

I shall wait like a good boy till next year's sale. Looking forward to seeing what you all get in your Praxis stockings.

In the meantime, another flex/core/layup question: If you're after a damp ski, but not necessarily a super stiff, stompthebejeezusoutofeverything ski, would it be worth going heavy core and #3/3+ flex, rather than Enduro core and a #4 flex.

I'm seriously considering a -10mm Protest with a bit more beef for variable 3-D snow in NZ, and maybe even going 192 (on 187s at the mo). I don't ski off anything bigger than 10 feet unless it's an accident, but I love pushing how fast I can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    I shall wait like a good boy till next year's sale. Looking forward to seeing what you all get in your Praxis stockings.

In the meantime, another flex/core/layup question: If you're after a damp ski, but not necessarily a super stiff, stompthebejeezusoutofeverything ski, would it be worth going heavy core and #3/3+ flex, rather than Enduro core and a #4 flex.

I'm seriously considering a -10mm Protest with a bit more beef for variable 3-D snow in NZ, and maybe even going 192 (on 187s at the mo). I don't ski off anything bigger than 10 feet unless it's an accident, but I love pushing how fast I can go.
    I have the heavy core with a 3 flex carbon and veneer on my Piste Jibs and its my favorite layup by far for resort. I have some Qs coming with the same build in a 4 flex. So I can atleast report back how the heavy core feels in a wider ski, but In my experience the changing to the heavy core has a bigger impact on the dampness then increasing the flex of an Enduro core. For reference my GPOs are Enduro with a goldilocks 4- flex and my piste jibs feel way more damp and beefy.

Thanks Shu!

Island Bay....bc of Shu I am now the owner of 184Piste Jib, 3+, heavy core, carbon....no veneer.

I see this becoming my daily driver....it's like the under arm surf board feel....it just feels like it will work awesome.

all right jmars! You're gonna love em. They do all the conventional things a 99 waisted skis should really well, e.g. groomers, bumps, hardpack, fun in the air, and stable on landings, but it' surprisingly great in pow up to about 6-8 inches. Not super loose and dreamy like the concepts, or GPOs can be in the the right snow, but still fun. Its more like you just keep making the same type of turns you would on hardpack, just all of sudden your in 6" of pow, and they just work great.

There were a bunch of days last year where the my GPOs or Concepts would have be great given the overnight accumulations and the Piste Jibs kept getting the call, just because of how fun they are charging through smaller accumulations of cut up pow and bumps.

It's funny I started my Praxis collection with Keith's "mid fat's" (Concepts and GPOs) and as good as both those skis are in pow, they are also really genuinely fun on hardpack, which made me think I didn't need anything narrower, but I'm really glad to have them in the quiver.

Qs are coming this year, but I still want to convince Keith to add a 182 length to the Concepts so I can guinea pig a -10 version. I have this feeling a 108 Concept in 182 would really destroy my quiver in the best possible way.

187 GPOs, -10mm, 3+ MAP, Ambrosia....

Best looking skis I've ever had, with every recent ON3P pretty close

Will mount with Kingpins and use for winter touring and travels with less snow forecasted

Sent fra min F5321 via Tapatalk

Good god Keith is really nailing the graphics over veneers.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    187 GPOs, -10mm, 3+ MAP, Ambrosia....

Best looking skis I've ever had, with every recent ON3P pretty close

Will mount with Kingpins and use for winter touring and travels with less snow forecasted

Sent fra min F5321 via Tapatalk
    Dang that is nice looking

As a HUGE std GPO fanboy I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on the -10 version... And beautiful looking ski... Jealous I am...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app

Due to the impossible nature of the search function I'm going to ask this here.

What's the consensus on the mount point for a 192 gpo standard flex?

I've got all my skis mounted on the line but thinking of moving a couple to -1 or 2.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

I've got all my skis mounted on the line but thinking of moving a couple to -1 or 2.....

6'4" and 205 lbs and I am one of the few that like them on the line... The majority seem to like at -1 or -1.5 with some stragglers at -2...

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

I have a standard (flex 4) gpo mounted on the line. It's a super quick, versatile ski and a lot of fun but if I had to do it again I'd probably mount them at -1 to improve the float in pow.

Look what I got today.

Schweet!

With these veneers and the -/+ 1 options it's put Praxis into the "why consider anything else" category. Can't wait to hear how the -1 gpo's, concepts, rx's are among other skinny/fat options. Skinny protest? Fat bc? Fat MVP ? Fat exp? So many great options

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Apparently my 182 heavy/carbon/veneer 4-flex Quixotes (Wall Graphic) got miss-pressed. Still waiting to hear back on whether it was just a graphics issue or they're unusable. If it's the former Keith might sell them at discount if anyone is looking. I'll post again if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Apparently my 182 heavy/carbon/veneer 4-flex Quixotes (Wall Graphic) got miss-pressed. Still waiting to hear back on whether it was just a graphics issue or they're unusable. If it's the former Keith might sell them at discount if anyone is looking. I'll post again if that's the case
    Shit! Need dis. Also reminds me I forgot to get my Loto ticket when I checked the mail