Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Hmmm, may have to talk you into letting me try.

Hold em tight, Kopi, the hoard is after you

I'm looking forward to winter. Picking up some used Billy Goats and these new Protest's has really given me the itch that only skiing can scratch...

Sounds like I'm going to have to get the drill out

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    you could always teach kopi how to mount
    so if he gets a girlfriend, he can do her right.
    Why would I do that? He pays me for my services with a bottle of scotch on occasion. And I get to play with skis. I like that deal. Besides, I'm pretty sure he knows how his pecker works. Give him a break.

I've drilled, tapped and mounted my own skis before. I prefer to go over to NWS's gear room, hangout and drink some (a lot of) fine single malt whisky while he mounts the bindings. Then I tune and wax the skis afterward.

Last edited by Kopi_Red; 08-15-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Who has codes? Keith made me an offer I can't refuse and I'm taking the plunge this afternoon on a pair of +10 195 Freerides.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Who has codes? Keith made me an offer I can't refuse and I'm taking the plunge this afternoon on a pair of +10 195 Freerides.
    Sent you a code skibrd...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app

On Keith's suggestion I'm going stiffness 4, core is going to be Enduro with carbon, and a veneer top sheet. Not crazy stuff and heavy, but should have more then enough backbone for my height, weight and skiing style.

Is the hardest part picking a top sheet?

...dude...dare I ask what layup and how stiff? Sounds like a full on missile. Congrats!

On Keith's suggestion I'm going stiffness 4, core is going to be Enduro with carbon, and a veneer top sheet. Not crazy stuff and heavy, but should have more then enough backbone for my height, weight and skiing style.

Is the hardest part picking a top sheet?
    cool the enduro carbon build is actually really friendly. Make sure to post a review, I am pretty sure those are one of a kind.

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    Cool the enduro carbon build is actually is really friendly. Make sure to put a review I am pretty sure those are one of a kind.
    If I want a demanding ski I grab my 194 Kastle MX 98s, and my goal for the Freerides is something for when the 203 Shiros or 196 Protests are over kill, and the Kastles are not enough. Keith did say he has built a few pairs of 195 +10 Freerides.

I will! Hopefully I can get home in early Nov and we can start skiing right away.

Done

Freeride Custom
    (Length (CM): 194,
    Ski Flex: # 4
    Width Adjustment: + 10 mm Fatter
    Topsheet Graphic Art: Max
    Base Graphic : American Flag Dye Sub
    Wood Veneer: Cherry
    Core Options: Enduro w/Carbon
    Last edited by skibrd; 08-16-2017 at 02:45 AM.

Those sound like beasts.

If I want a demanding ski I grab my 194 Kastle MX 98s, and my goal for the Freerides is something for when the 203 Shiros or 196 Protests are over kill, and the Kastles are not enough. Keith did say he has built a few pairs of 195 +10 Freerides.

I will! Hopefully I can get home in early Nov and we can start skiing right away.

Done

Freeride Custom
    (Length (CM): 194,
    Ski Flex: # 4
    Width Adjustment: + 10 mm Fatter
    Topsheet Graphic Art: Max
    Base Graphic : American Flag Dye Sub
    Wood Veneer: Cherry
    Core Options: Enduro w/Carbon
    These = 117 underfoor, Shiros = 119???

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    These = 117 underfoor, Shiros = 119???
    Freeride = tip rocker, 150cm of camber up to 7mm.

Shiro = full rocker, 0 camber.

I imagine they'd ski pretty different.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

The Freerides will be very different, but the goal is for them to be right between 194 Kastle MX 98s and 196 Protests, well maybe closer to the Protests then the Kastles, enough tip rocker to get them to float when I find the goods, enough camber for non-optimal conditions.

I wanted a longer RX, and since it doesn't exist, Keith suggested going +10mm on the 195 Freerides. The feel and ease of the Protests is what sold me on Praxis over Blizzard or Volkls offerings in the 108-118 waist range.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

Right, but they're both pretty much pow skis and occupy the same place in the quiver. Sounds like they're sort of replacing the Shiros.

Freeride wont ski trees like a shiro

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Freeride wont ski trees like a shiro

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Nope, but that's alright because my Protests ski trees just as well as the Shiros of not better.

The Freerides should be better in cut up pow then the Shiros because they don't have that huge blunt tip bashing into cut up powder trying to stop you.

Lindhal, you are mostly correct. The Freerides replace the 193 Shiros I sold, nothing can replace the 203 Shiros that I still have two pairs of.

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

They will rip everywhere open though. Should be fun. Your going to tour with them right?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    They will rip everywhere open though. Should be fun. Your going to tour with them right?
    That's the plan, P18s and my last set of CAST plates. More of a side country touring off the village then big long days.

Picked up a pair of 190 backcountry Ultra lights that I'm mounting with some kingpins. Mount says it should be -8.

Is that the general consensus? Not usually nitpicky about mounts but damn these boards are fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

-1 at least, maybe -1.5. My brothers 180s felt too centered to me.

Protest folks - debating where to mount my 192 Enduro protests. My last pair were on the line, which were good, but in deep powder I felt a little forward, and occasionally felt like I had too much tail in tight trees. Thinking between -1 and -2. Should I split the difference and go -1.5?

I mounted my BC UL carbons on the dimple. They might be OK at -1, but I'm not moving them. I came from a DPS 112 wailer, so I like feel of the extra running length.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Protest folks - debating where to mount my 192 Enduro protests. My last pair were on the line, which were good, but in deep powder I felt a little forward, and occasionally felt like I had too much tail in tight trees. Thinking between -1 and -2. Should I split the difference and go -1.5?
    Personally I wouldn't go farther back than -1, never been on the 192's though. Kinda feel like it'd be easy to be too far back and lose some of the ease of pivot, that and I'm on the line on my 188's and never had any issue. That said if I were to remount it would be at -1 for sure
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!