Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Any word on shipping?

My bud who is a first type praxis buyer was asking me - I couldn't care less when I get them between now and the ski season.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Any word on shipping?

My bud who is a first type praxis buyer was asking me - I couldn't care less when I get them between now and the ski season.
    It's stoopid hard to tell first timers to chill, but it really is that. I have some in my family that every preseason order they act like someone is tryin to fuck em when they don't get em way before due date. It is what it is and it's always worth the wait. Never understood why it's so important to get them before the snow starts to fly???
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Keith emailed me a few weeks ago saying he was getting ready to press my skis. So I say it's safe to assume they'll be ready to ship within the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Kopi_Red; 08-06-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Sexy!
    Monochrome definitely looks the best with veneer. However some whites don't "print" as true clear on the veneers.

I have the old Pow Boards eagle topsheet on veneer. I recon that would looks great with Praxis on one ski, and the eagle on the other, And no other graphics from the OG eagle topsheet.
    Life is not lift served.

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

I'd bet most skis people ordered before the original deadline will ship this month.

Depending on the graphic's design and the type of original artwork file Keith has for it, you can pick and choose to some degree which sections are and aren't printed, as well as possibly changing the color of sections that are very clearly defined (like the word Praxis on some of the designs).

Like on the viceversa, I asked Keith to not print any of the tan or light grey sections. If he had printed those it would look different/darker in those sections. The Praxis logo on mine was printed though

Those wood veneers are damn sexy.

I got an email from Keith -- the batch of preseason Rx orders is done and will be shipped soon. I'm out of town for 4 months, so he checked in with me about shipping. Huge tip-'o-the-hat to that guy and his customer service.

Shipping...

Mine are in the mail.

So what are we getting boyz...? Jealous minds would like to know...

Veneer topsheet showing obvious wear from not many ski touring hours of use. Particularly top sheet edge towards the tails (the usual ski touring wear area).

Had my RX 106 UL core out in variable spring-like higher alpine conditions. They ski firm corn really well. And they ski like any other short narrow light skis would ski on breakable crusts, chunder and punchy heavy mank. Nothing special. But I think light touring boots add to a lot of that lower performance. I really dislike AT boots more and more these days. On similar snow, my identical dimensions but heavier core RX with alpine bindings and alpine boots ski better.

However 106 will never beat 116 on punchy heavy 3d mank. But you cant have it all in all times and places.
    Last edited by neck beard; 08-11-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Life is not lift served.

RX question, are there any RX's longer then 189? I thought I read somewhere there might be a few pairs of 194 or close to that length around.

At 6-4 I'm hesitant to order a pair of 189cm skis when everything else I ski on is 194cm or longer. Any one in the 6-4 range on the 189 RX?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    RX question, are there any RX's longer then 189? I thought I read somewhere there might be a few pairs of 194 or close to that length around.

At 6-4 I'm hesitant to order a pair of 189cm skis when everything else I ski on is 194cm or longer. Any one in the 6-4 range on the 189 RX?
    I got the 189 and im almost 6'3", about 210 lbs. I havent skied them yet though. I stiffened mine up to the MAX, and had them made with the Heavy core. They feel amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I thought about that, but it still doesn't solve my issue of liking long skis. :-/

You can try mine if your ever in Montana
    Last edited by aevergreene; 08-12-2017 at 10:44 AM.

We like very similar skis and I totally get where you are coming from, and that short stiff ski was originally my Gunsmokes mounted at +3, then that was my Shiros, and tbh I really want another pair of 193 Shiros, they are just next to impossible to find. I'm really hoping for something a little longer then 189, that I can mount a little forward of suggested and be my tight stuff agility ski.

I know 189 isn't that short, but it's a mental game. I tried a few pairs of a buddies ON3P's that were around 189 and couldn't get myself to sending it. I hopped back on my 194 Kastles and was off like a bat out of hell.

Maybe I can get Keith to write 191 on a pair of 189s haha

Q's come in a 194
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

^^^ seems like the solution

Qs are also the bastard love child of the Rx and GPO.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I know 189 isn't that short, but it's a mental game. I tried a few pairs of a buddies ON3P's that were around 189 and couldn't get myself to sending it. I hopped back on my 194 Kastles and was off like a bat out of hell.
    Might be partly mental!
    One thing to consider is actual vs stated length. ON3P sizing is post pressing where most measure material length(pre-pressing)
    Here's what I meanClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0533.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	830.7 KB 
ID:	210549
    195 Praxis PB's-191 ON3P C&D-196 4frnt Ren-191 ON3P Caylor
    Here's the Caylor next to a 193 Head Monster iM103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0534.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	926.7 KB 
ID:	210550

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Might be partly mental!
    One thing to consider is actual vs stated length. ON3P sizing is post pressing where most measure material length(pre-pressing)
    Here's what I meanClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0533.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	830.7 KB 
ID:	210549
    195 Praxis PB's-191 ON3P C&D-196 4frnt Ren-191 ON3P Caylor
    Here's the Caylor next to a 193 Head Monster iM103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0534.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	926.7 KB 
ID:	210550
    It's all mental. Ski companies all measure their skis differently and no two skis are identical. Last time I picked up a pair of 187 Blizzard Bonafides I stood 4 pairs next to either other and all 4 pairs were different lengths by a cm or two. I'm finally over the East Coast mentality that any ski that doesn't have 2 sheets of metal in it and razor sharp edges is crap, only took 4 years of living in CO/WY. I might get there with the 189 RXs, I just keep having flash backs to how stable the 203 Shiros are at speed. The best analogy I can come up with is they are like bringing a Baja 500 off-road truck to drive around a potholed country road. I didn't notice anything, no one else's tracks, no roll overs, no drops, they just cruised. Usually I get bounced pretty hard going from untouched patch to untouched patch, across other people's tracks, not with the big Shiros, it was just smooth. But these won't replace them, they will compliment them when it's not deep enough to bring the big boys out. Ahhhh decisions...

I emailed Keith to see if there is a 194 mold for the RX (which I doubt but heck, it's worth a shot) and about my reservations for the 189 RX. The more I read about the Q, the more intrigued I am. When I hear back from Keith I'll try to make a decision, or try to.

I also got a line on a brand new undrilled pair of 193 Shiros, which the RX or Q's were to replace. If I can get the Shiros for the price I'm seeing, I'm going in that direction.

I do need a 190ish pair of touring skis to replace my Scouts. I'm sure the mad scientists at Praxis have something or can come up with something, maybe a skinny carbon veneer RX?
    Last edited by skibrd; 08-13-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    So what are we getting boyz...? Jealous minds would like to know...

Protests and congrats...! I am a huge fan of the Screaming Bear topsheet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    So, 196? Or did you go 192 so you can mount back 2cm this time?

Those are sexy AF!

They look better in person than they do in the picture. Went 196 this time.

Right on