Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I like the Yeti a lot. But I am not as rad a skier as many on this board. It is such an easy ski to grab to take into the BC when you're not sure what the conditions will be like. Everything from windscrape to a foot of powder they handle with grace. Although not as light and stiff as some of more fancy tech (Zero G 95), they are supremely durable.

This spring I'll be ordering some Piste Jibs, wood veneer, heavy core, #4 flex. Assuming that is they have their usual spring custom sale.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    This spring I'll be ordering some Piste Jibs, wood veneer, heavy core, #4 flex. Assuming that is they have their usual spring custom sale.
    Those will be super, super fun. I bought the same ski from suprechicken, except it was before Keith was doing the veneer or the heavy core. Not sure what the final weight will be, but I would personally consider adding carbon to keep the swing weight down.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

+1 on the carbon. Exactly what I have

I have piste jibs in #3 MAP + veneer. I'd like to ski the heavy core for comparison, but as-is I don't think I'd change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I have piste jibs in #3 MAP + veneer. I'd like to ski the heavy core for comparison, but as-is I don't think I'd change a thing.
    In 184...cause if so I'm gonna need to buy you some beer to take a lap this winter.

In 184...cause if so I'm gonna need to buy you some beer to take a lap this winter.
    Like I said, I have the 184 enduro core flex #4, if you want to take a lap. Located in the Front Range.

Edit: FKS for 305 bsl
    Last edited by auvgeek; 07-27-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Like I said, I have the 184 enduro core flex #4, if you want to take a lap. Located in the Front Range.
    Doh! Yep. I'll PM you once the season gets going.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    184 also. Mounted for a 325 bsl. You're welcome to try 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I've never been on a UL Praxis, but from comments here, the idea of a UL Protest is catching my attention ...
    I'll have a pair of UL Protests in 187 that you'll be welcome to try this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'll have a pair of UL Protests in 187 that you'll be welcome to try this winter.
    Much appreciated. Having a 297 BSL on my touring boots will make for easy swaps. I really like your thinking about having a wide ski to encourage meadow skipping during high avy danger periods in Colorado. I almost followed suit this Spring, but deferred for a year in order to put a cap on spending.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    no way, there are enough options to dial an Rx already.
    we don't need a 'new Rx' like we didn't need 'new coke'.
    Agreed, in the sense that some are trying to turn it into a GPO (increasing/lengthening tip rocker). I can't speak to camber height, since I've never been on an Rx. According to Keith, the Q splits the difference between the GPO and Rx in many ways, so perhaps this is what these folks are after.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 07-27-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Agreed, in the sense that some are trying to turn it into a GPO (increasing/lengthening top rocker). I can't speak to camber height, since I've never been on an Rx. According to Keith, the Q splits the difference between the GPO and Rx in many ways, so perhaps this is what these folks are after.

... Thom
    Interesting. I suspect RXs were the skis I wanted when I got my GPOs. I have nearly no complaints about mine but I was about to order a pair of RXs when Jed sold me his 192 bros which, in the rockered protos I had, were my favorite ski of all time. I'm not sure what upgrade to the RX shape makes sense beside less camber. Maybe longer rocker, but that's nearly the same thing.

I wouldn't change a thing on the current RX

The camber is useful when using the ski as an everyday tool

With all of this talk, I decided to geek out (get a life, Thom) and put together an Rx/GPO/Quixote compar-O. Since Keith doesn't have a published chart yet for the Q's, I built one from the text on the Q's page (based on the 188).

You can pretty much see that the Q is a blend of the Rx and GPO. In other words, I'd say that the Q is pretty much what you want to turn the Rx into. Also, the numbers predict what Keith was saying about the Q being somewhere between the Rx and the GPO as well.

Instead of talking about changing the Rx,it seems to me that the numbers, Keith's observations, and the early returns on the Q alll point toward this being the ski you want.

As Alpy sez ..."leaving a great thing alone is a good thing".

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Good one Thom. Really wish we had the camber height on those Q's. Maybe someone will chime in with a measurement

De-cambered, the RX has quite a bite of tip rocker.

The RX is fine, you nancies. It's not a pow ski. Stop trying to dumb it down.

305 bsl and 184 stock Freerides at Loveland.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by miserywhip View Post
    305 bsl and 184 stock Freerides at Loveland.
    Subject, verb, predicate?
    Galibier Design

The RX is fine, you nancies. It's not a pow ski. Stop trying to dumb it down.
    Didn't you sell or try to sell yours...? And I thought you were a born again ON3P guy...

And when did a 116 underfoot ski no longer become a POW ski...?

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Didn't you sell or try to sell yours...? And I thought you were a born again ON3P guy...
    I sold 1 of 2 pairs of identical skis, and own more praxii than on3p

I sold 1 of 2 pairs of identical skis, and own more praxii than on3p
    Just having fun... I just took offense to he Nancy comment since it is true... I still stand by my RX comment and that it needs to be updated...

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Besides reducing the camber, what would you guys want to change on the RX?

I think they look perfect as is for a wide daily charger. The 189 may be a tad short for bigger guys, but not by that much, and that will probably increase the fun factor.

All in the family... It is really starting to get to me seeing these every day just sitting... I usually am not jonesing this bad this early for the season to start...

Def looking forward to seeing the pics of all the new boards being delievered...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^ superb quiver! (looks a little bit like mine) and nice clean storage setup too.

Yes, very nice looking quiver. You've set the bar high for those of us still sneaking packages into the basement.

But I'm in the Rx is perfect as-is club -- 40cm of tip rocker, 5mm of camber, and all the rest of its finely tuned features.