Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Never thought about that. Maybe not. I guess I was thinking, if it's possible and they ski how I'm hoping they will, an assym would make a skinny concept touring ski worth even more consideration
    When I got my Concepts it took me about 3 runs to figure it out and then it was like ...oh hell fkn ya. I still think this ski, more than anything else Keith has built, is the most incredible example of his talent for creative ski design. Don't get me wrong I love his Tabke colabs, (Protests, GPOs, and now Qs) it's just the Concept is in it's own little world of WTF?. I am super excited to see how the the asym plays out this year, although I imagine the on snow feel will be a bit more subtle than the Concept design...but that's total conjecture on my part.

If I was to fuck with the Concept, I'd be curious to see what Keith thought about adding the 3d base to the reverse sidecut section. Also I would build it in 182.

Im still a little confused on what concepts are for? Do they do it all? Powder? Crud/Mank?

I hope I can try a pair this year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2017 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    When I got my Concepts it took me about 3 runs to figure it out and then it was like ...oh hell fkn ya. I still think this ski, more than anything else Keith has built, is the most incredible example of his talent for creative ski design. Don't get me wrong I love his Tabke colabs, (Protests, GPOs, and now Qs) it's just the Concept is in it's own little world of WTF?. I am super excited to see how the the asym plays out this year, although I imagine the on snow feel will be a bit more subtle than the Concept design...but that's total conjecture on my part.

If I was to fuck with the Concept, I'd be curious to see what Keith thought about adding the 3d base to the reverse sidecut section. Also I would build it in 182.
    I was like "fuck ya" until the "to the reverse sidecut" part. Maybe I got focused on the possibility of assym and 3D tip and tail. I guess I'm thinking as a touring ski but I'm thinking I'd still like to have that edge underfoot so it didn't seem like it's base high. Of course I haven't even tried the ski. Looking at my concepts the way they are now it looks like it just hits everything just right without going overboard. Nice rocker but not too much, bit of camber but not too much, same with taper, same with radius and that concept wizardry doesn't look overdone to adversely affect anything, again just right. Thought the assym might fit in that category and then the 3D tip and tail. The goldilocks wizardry of ski engineering. I've always been surprised by the versatility of all the praxis I've bought. Possible these concepts will even be more versatile.
    Speaking of mid lengths though, I wish there was a 182 protest. I'd like to build an enduro C veneer 182 protest like my concepts for a slackcountry ski with one of these new touring bindings a la tectron, kingpin or whatever proves most durable

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I was like "fuck ya" until the "to the reverse sidecut" part.
    LOL...it could be a disaster

but I have to say my favorite thing about the concept is how sensitive it is to weighting and stance. If you center yourself right over the reverse sidecut you can do these awesome power slarves even on hardpack then you can shift your weight and an engage either the front or back sidecut and rocket out of it. I was thinking the 3d base might exaggerate that even more. But honestly it might ruin the design too.

Betel, yeah it's just yet another really versatile ski. It's really about that reverse sidecut though, it's an unreal tree ski because of how fast you can change directions using a pivot approach

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    LOL...it could be a disaster

but I have to say my favorite thing about the concept is how sensitive it is to weighting and stance. If you center yourself right over the reverse sidecut you can do these awesome power slarves even on hardpack then you can shift your weight and an engage either the front or back sidecut and rocket out of it. I was thinking the 3d base might exaggerate that even more. But honestly it might ruin the design too.

Betel, yeah it's just yet another really versatile ski. It's really about that reverse sidecut though, it's an unreal tree ski because of how fast you can change directions using a pivot approach
    Between you and E , I can't wait to get on mine. Maybe in a week or two

Another HUGE concept fan boy here. I’ll echo everything said. Mega versatile ski but my favorite and possibly best attribute about the ski is how narrow it skis for the width. You can also toss them sideways on a dime no matter what speed.

I'll withhold judgment until I have skied them, my reaction was a bit knee jerk. The shape of the tail is what really threw me for a loop when I unboxed them, but I sure hope I'm not seeing the tails when I'm skiing.

Everything else about them strikes me as being pretty much perfect. Flex 3 with the Heavy+Carbon core seems like the exact flex I'm looking for. I'll put a pic of them up later today.
    Last edited by glademaster; 10-19-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    Another HUGE concept fan boy here. I’ll echo everything said. Mega versatile ski but my favorite and possibly best attribute about the ski is how narrow it skis for the width. You can also toss them sideways on a dime no matter what speed.
    yeah jmars right on, was it you or Eskido who posted that sick, sick picture at the top of a beautiful pow line a while ago...that should be reposted, I loved that Pic.

It may have been this one....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A5FAA1F4-0D4D-4AC2-868C-74286FB2DFBD.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	214105

Definitely qualifies. Dropin

Yeah thats the one. Sick.

Shu and Eskido actually sold me on the Concept more than anyone. The ski design on paper and in theory made a ton of sense for me. The ski delivered and was exactly what I wanted in a quest for a playful charger.

Shu you struck again as I got my Piste Jibs...

Nice 2 for 2 I hope?

Alright legion of Praxis...thought experiment here.
    I fuckin love my 187 Protests so much that I'm finding I take them out so long as there is like 4-5"+
    I have a pair of 184 bibby pros that I thought would be a fatter daily driver, and would be used all the way from low tide to 8" new. But with the Protests being just more fun for pow (which is saying something considering how much folks love the bibby in pow), it doesn't make a ton of sense to be on the bibby, running around on that much ski for low tide.

So I'm considering swapping out the bibby for something smaller/more narrow. Still want chargey, and I like the playful nature of the bibby, but something less pow oriented, as it only needs to handle a few inches of new snow. What praxis ski would I want?

Piste jib. Play ski everywhere , fun in pow too

Fack. Just checked and this years PJs have a veneer top. Just what I wanted custom.

Anyone know the max discount (%) available? Or if a pre-season sale is likely?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Fack. Just checked and this years PJs have a veneer top. Just what I wanted custom.

Lot of nice veneer options in the standard builds now. I wish my pj's were veneer. I was thinking prices have gone down too. Not sure. I guess if you factor in free veneer they've definitely gone down in price. Wish all my skis were veneer

My PJs for this season are 3+ heavy core. Went normal topsheet bc I’m up and down with veneer and the look.

whats your bsl? you're welcome to try my 184s if they fit your boot.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    whats your bsl? you're welcome to try my 184s if they fit your boot.
    317. And I'll be taking you up on that once snow starts flying. Probably wait out spring sales and hope they are around. I think 184 normal layup would be right, but am intrigued by the enduro core option...

x4? on the Piste Jib, grinch summarized it perfectly. The enduro glass is a great layup for resort, the heavy core is even better at smoothing out the ride while still allowing you to take advantage of a slightly softer more playful flex.

317. And I'll be taking you up on that once snow starts flying. Probably wait out spring sales and hope they are around. I think 184 normal layup would be right, but am intrigued by the enduro core option...
    mounted -1cm for 325 so you're set. they're MAP core, #3 flex, maple veneers w/wardens so most any boot is welcome.
    for their intended purpose I wouldn't change a thing.

Here they are: 182cm Skinny Q, Flex 3, Heavy+Carbon Core, Cherry Veneer Topsheet. Sexy as fuck, IMHO.

Name:	IMG_0874.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	214164

Name:	IMG_0882.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	214165

On the couch? Those belong on your bed with a bunch of sweaty nut prints on em

Adding cherry veneer to the top of the list . Damn!