RIP Chester Bennington

"Chester Bennington, lead vocalist of Linkin Park, died of an apparent suicide Thursday morning, the Los Angeles County coroner confirmed. He was 41.
    Bennington had a career in music that spanned more than two decades. In addition to his work with Linkin Park, he also performed with Stone Temple Pilots.

He was close friends with Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell, who took his own life in May. Bennington posted an emotional letter, discussing how much Cornell influenced him. “That you for letting me be a part of your life,” he wrote.

Bennington performed "Hallelujah" at Chris Cornell's memorial service on Friday at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...720-story.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/entert...ead/index.html

Ya, I posted this in that Padded room too. Super bad situation. A wife and 6 kids and the guy suicides out on Chris Cornell's birthday. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Ya, I posted this in that Padded room too. Super bad situation. A wife and 6 kids and the guy suicides out on Chris Cornell's birthday. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
    Didn't see anything in the PR, but man, this shit is really bumming me out. All these guys I grew up with, and are the same age as I am, are dying/killing themselves. With wife and kids left behind. We all have our demons. Some deal with it better than others. RIP

Their lyrics made it pretty clear that someone was coming from a pretty dark place. Maybe music gives them temporary therapy. Gotta be hard to deal with it in the bubble.
    When the musics over, turn out the lights...
    And yes, I know they are still playing. But not really imo. I am getting numb to this shit sadly.

I'm impressed that his voice lasted so long.

Cohen spun a little in his grave at the thought of Hallelujah sung by him over Cornells grave.

I wasn't a big fan of anything Linkin Park did post-Meteora but Hybrid Theory was probably the album that first got me listening to heavier music. Dude had a set of lungs for sure.

Learned to play One Step Closer last night in honor

He was one of a kind of my favorite vocalist growing up, I even memorized most fo their song. RIP Chester you'll be missed\m/\m/