Internal routing or not?

My new bike has holes to route the cables internally but they are on the outside. The bike shop says they last longer that way. I kinda think it would look cleaner if they were inside.

Thoughts?

I would think a hole should start on the outside and go through to the inside. Otherwise, not much use as a hole.
    However many are in a shit ton.

My new yeti has internal cables and I think they are pretty fuckin awesume cuz nothing touches the paint ever, definitely a next generation thing compared to external cables

Sounds like they are too lazy to run the cables or fucked up in some way that now it will be a hassle to fish them internally thru the frame
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

None of the bikes were set up with them internal even though they all have the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    None of the bikes were set up with them internal even though they all have the holes.
    Sounds like a lazy shop to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

So what i hear you saying is that the shop in question do not run the cablez internaly on bikes that are desgned to have interanly run cables?

They sound like lazy Fuckers eh?

Kinda sounds like something Rog would try to pull

Lol. Maybe, but it seems nuts for that particular shop to not do what's best for their bike.

Well they must have their reasons but I can't think what those might be cuz ime/imo internal cables are great

Not really sure how they run internal cabling on a new bike out of the crate but if the tech lost the end of the cable which allows you
    Him to pull thru new cable or didn't bother to run the cables internaly it might be a problem

Well they must have their reasons ...
    ... to save time and money (and sacrifice professionalism) on labour for every bike they build.

I wouldn't buy a bike at a shop that chinces out like that, and I sure as hell wouldn't get a bike fixed at a shop that takes shortcuts like that (although I do ally own wrenching anyway).

Internal routing or not?

Brake lines need to be bled to run internally.
    And depending on the bike, it can suck balls to get the cable through if you lose the guide wire.
    And depending on the bike, they can rattle like a mother fucker on the inside.
    So there's that.

...... still though, lazy fuckers.
    However many are in a shit ton.

The only thing I wouldn't run internally (personally), even if there were holes, is the rear brake.

Internally routed cables do a far superior job of hiding any damage to the frame from housing rub. This allows for greater confidence when riding because you don't see any reason to worry about the resulting thin spots. So you should make them fix this. For safety.