Crested Butte Lodging ??

ran a search and only found old / what are conditions?? etc.

planing on a long weekend / week trip to CB with few friends next winter. been years since skiing there and rented a condo last time around through the CB web site which was ok.

any leads on lodging, food, general 411?

Big decision is staying in the town vs mountainside. Benefits to each, but telling mags which you prefer will help narrow down options.

If it's been years since you've been there, get ready for Teo and Teo2. They awesome.

^^^ good point on location. mountainside. this is for skiing, we could make it into town one night but general evening consists of drinking bourbon, little green, and complaining about how sore we all are from skiing so hard. and yeah teo 1/2 is on the hit list.

M - if you want to stay at the base, we have found some deals at the Nordic, nice little place.
    Best part of CB is the free stone grinds.

thanks E. want to go? thinking late Feb / Early March. So far 3 of us committed.

yes, the CB stone grinds are the best

Send an email with details , we'll talk. Hoping to do another Silverton -> CB trip with a larger crew , we'll start talking dates soon

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Send an email with details , we'll talk. Hoping to do another Silverton -> CB trip with a larger crew , we'll start talking dates soon
    I'm trying to figure out similar, but with a couple days at Opus Hut and maybe a WC day to round it out. Finding someone who can take off the time, skis BC, likes dirtbagging but also the luxury of Opus is a bit tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I'm trying to figure out similar, but with a couple days at Opus Hut and maybe a WC day to round it out. Finding someone who can take off the time, skis BC, likes dirtbagging but also the luxury of Opus is a bit tricky.
    Nice , one buddy of mine mentioned some time at Aladdins on Molas , I know the scenery is A+, not sure what terrain is like . The quick skin makes large coolers of beer quite easy. Happy to talk details , shoot a pM , can tell you what our gaperish group is thinking

Not to hijack but can people recommend places both in town and mountainside?

Old Town inn in CB. Clean & cheap. Walk to Elk Street, bus to mountain.

Not super cheap for slopeside, but the hot tub/pool action was good at Mountaineer Square Lodge after a day on the hill.
    If you want cheap, just dirtbag in Gunnison.

Are those cabins in Almont open/rentable in the winter? That could be a cool/peaceful spot just outside town.

For staying up at the mountain, if you have a group, I've always had the best luck with VRBO.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    For staying up at the mountain, if you have a group, I've always had the best luck with VRBO.
    This has been my experience.

Also check out Elevations, which is a stone throw from the Silver Queen lift. They often have a groupon going and you can get a room for about $100 a night. Can't beat that for slopeside lodging.

I've been staying at Elevations both summer & winter visits. Reasonable prices that include breakfast buffet and afternoon wine&cheese. Especially nice since I have 2 dogs and they love dogs.

I scored a couple nights for $100 at the Elevation via Groupon for this weekend. Do they often have deals in the winter? If so, watch out CB

CB central reservations has good Black Friday deals. A few months off still but I've booked for March on Black Friday the last 3 years. $99/night last year for a king suite at the Mountaineer at the base.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I scored a couple nights for $100 at the Elevation via Groupon for this weekend. Do they often have deals in the winter? If so, watch out CB
    Yeah they usually do, and it is about the same price as the summer groupon rates.

Elk Mountain Lodge is pretty good as an in town option. Good hot breakfast and walk a block or 2 to catch the bus

If anyone wants to try BC or lift serve at Monarch hit me up coming or going to CB/Slvrtn. I'm an old guy but can still hang pretty well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1276.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	704.1 KB 
ID:	218921

Yesterday meadow skipping