Thread: WSL - J Bay

WSL - J Bay

Pros in J Bay. Finally surfing today. Super clean, rippable conditions. Swell should cooperate for the contest now. Man that wave looks so fun.

Near perfect conditions today. Round 2 in the books. Some good replays on the WSL app.

In related news, Slater breaks two bones in his foot during a free surf. Out six weeks or so. Lame.

Perfect J-Bay again today. 3-4 10's. Jordy with a 20 heat.

WSL - J Bay

White shark in the lineup. Event on hold. Fanning having flashbacks I'm sure. He was in a heat again when shark spotted.
    Last edited by Sluff; 07-19-2017 at 07:01 AM.

^yeah, that has to be nerve-racking.

nuts right here! https://twitter.com/wsl/status/887558565174493184

Sucks about Slater and for my kid since he's on his fantasy team

It is gamble putting an old dude on your team. We injure easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    It is gamble putting an old dude on your team. We injure easily.
    Ha! No doubt, but my kid digs Slater. Although, he was pissed he dropped into that closeout, but that's his mo because he's one of the few that can pull shit like that out, right? He will be considered one of the greatest athletes of all time.

He will. By a small group. Most people could give two shits about how well one surfs. My dad thinks it is not a real sport and does not take as much skill as real sports like basketball. Or golf. Slater continues to amaze with his skill in the water and longevity. It would be cool to see if he is able to still be competitive at age 50. Only a few years away.

"Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."