View Poll Results: Besk ski movie of the 2000s?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • High Life - TGR

5 16.13%
  • Ski Movie 3 The Frontline - MSP

10 32.26%
  • Other (I like snowblades)

15 48.39%
  • Results

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'll throw Hugo Harrison into the mix because he's not been mentioned yet. He had some great segments during this period.

Also want to mention Rage Films, both Corduroy and Pretty Good.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

So many good posts in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Under The Influence

This, 7 Sunny Days, Waiting Game, or There's Something About McConkey. In Deep was awesome too.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I got tired of the thunderthud of a lot of stuff, same old same old, selfabsorbed narcissist AK spine lack of storyline.
    Some of the Sweetgrass productions go too far in a breathey way the other direction , but I have to confess being struck by Valhalla, particularly the forest edits and the old groover vibe.

Sweetgrass is dope. But post 2010... Valhalla was released in 2013

I really liked session 1242.... And speaking if T Hall, believe was rad.

Lame and After Lame are pretty good as well. And available to stream in Vimeo for free too. Wish more companies would do this with their old movies, especially when the companies go defunct

My vote would have to be for Immersion. I think it does a great job of capturing the essence and emotions of being a skier.

Believe. you may not like tanner the person, but he threw down the best minigolf there ever has been.

Maggotwood.

That's right, the maggots made a movie. Starring LPH, phUnk, Punani, Clack, Tyrone Shoelaces, Greydon Clark, and others that I can't remember right now.

If LPH is still around, maybe he can put that on the youtubes. I still have my DVD.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Maggotwood.

That's right, the maggots made a movie. Starring LPH, phUnk, Punani, Clack, Tyrone Shoelaces, Greydon Clark, and others that I can't remember right now.

If LPH is still around, maybe he can put that on the youtubes. I still have my DVD.
    let's see it!

I did really like Steep. Also MSP's In Deep was killer.

Oh. Also, all of the Theory 3 flicks are the greatest ski movie ever, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Idea was another great movie of the 2007-2008 timeframe. You can watch Idea for free on Vimeo. The no poles thing has passed, and there isn't anything so "epic" about it, but the vibe of the movie I think nails what skiing is all about. Having fun with friends and getting a shit ton of face shots.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    let's see it!

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

That's gotta get put on Youtube or Vimeo or something.

If I made it and I knew how, I would. But LPH made it and I think he swore it would never hit the public internet to get some folks to agree to be filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post

yeah throw it up on youtube and the collective may or may not cover your legal fees!

As a tele skier, I can say that the first few Powderwhore movies were incredibly inspirational.

G.N.A.R. - if you consider it a Ski Movie.

(Otherwise I would go for Signatures as well)

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    My vote would have to be for Immersion. I think it does a great job of capturing the essence and emotions of being a skier.
    x2. I typically gravitate toward high energy style films but Immersion just did it for me. Sadly I only have it on VHS, wish I had a digital copy, make it happen Huckasoreass!

I'll throw a vote in for MSP's War, with great segments from Seth and Pep. My other favorite is 2010 TGR's Light the Wick. The 3-d schtick was pretty lame, I actually only watched the 3d version once. Sage's crevasse gap never gets old for me though, really the whole movie is fucking rad.

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    I'll throw a vote in for MSP's War, with great segments from Seth and Pep.
    War was a Poor Boyz flick I think.

Man, hard to pick. MSP's Focused, Yearbook, and Claim all deserve a mention. From TGR High Life, Soul Purpose, and Under the Influence are pretty awesome (the opening sequence of Seth and Sage in AK from Under the Influence still gives me chills every time I watch it). And I definitely enjoyed the early Powderwhores flicks.

But I might have to go with Swift Silent Deep as the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    War was a Poor Boyz flick I think.
    Totally correct, I even looked at the DVD before I posted that........wow. Still a cool flick

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    Totally correct, I even looked at the DVD before I posted that........wow. Still a cool flick
    Agreed. I like the comic book style of it. Kinda different. Plus some real good skiing. I think JP had a sweet segment in that one too