SO ILL STREET ROCK shoes

Any one have experience with them? I really like how they fit but many say durability is really poor. I been using miuras for many years. I can get a few years out of miuras with resoling and rand replacement. Do so ill shoes just blow up in months?
    Last edited by daught; 07-14-2017 at 04:24 AM.

They haven't been around that long, I think anything you hear about longevity could be a small sample size.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I ended up getting a new miura pair. Damn the suck out of the box :/. They feel like a totally different shoes. My old well worn miuras with C4 are a totally different beast. I'm going to try my luck with so ill.

Thanks for sharing

It's weird that people are say that the SoiLL durability is "really poor." They are built on the exact same manufacturing line and process as pre-Adidas Five Ten by the same workers. Sang certainly has certain ways he thinks a climbing shoe should be manufactured, but they aren't made any different (besides the upper materials) than old beloved 5.10's. They were designed with a fashion over function mindset though...one of their product videos even says that

Daught: There is a few reasons why your new Muira's feel way different than your old. Climbing shoes more so than any other footwear, even ski boots, are HIGHLY effected by every tiny change that is made to them.

TL;DR they have been stretched out and have different rubber on them.

Even ONLY changing the thickness and hardness of the outsole rubber and keeping everything else the same can change how the shoe fits. I've seen two shoes come off the same last, and the only thing that was changed was the outsole rubber and they looked at least a full size difference if not more. Or even I tried glueing rubber on myself versus the skilled person on the production line fit different. Resoling shoes will almost always change the fit of a shoe for a number of reasons even if you use the exact same rubber. Some of them being, not using the exact last, only doing 1/2 soles versus the whole outsole strip, different level of stretch applied when glued on, rubber at resoler being older than a production batch. And since C4 is softer than the XS edge they will definitely fit different from that alone, even if you did it when they were new.

Now for the upper. Because you've used them for a long time the natural leather and the liner have been stretched out. Lining can help prevent stretch but it is not a guard completely against it. I have a friend who's 40.5 solutions have stretched to the same stick length as my 41.5 solutions, and that's not an easy shoe to stretch a whole size. Since your Miura's were resoled after you put the stretch on them that stretch is more "set" than if you compared a used non resoled stretched pair and a new pair.

LMK if you have any other questions. Seeing behind the curtain of climbing shoe manufacturing has answered a lot of questions, but presented so many more.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Well sometimes the same shoe with the same rubber varies a whole number. Sometimes my beloved cobra would not fit me in 40 and I'd need 40.5 theses days 40 is super big in probably need 39.5

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Sorry me stupid.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

interesting too