Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Kid stoke

Kid stoke

we are not rich but we don’t fuck around with gear

why give a kid a bike that doesn’t fit?

he’s gonna kick some ass in the high school MTB racing league
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Undoubtedly so.

Been riding with my 7 y/o daily, getting better every ride. My son 9 has joined some, but doesn’t deal with the frustration/challenge the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. My daughter is 7 and has been going in spurts this summer with how into it she is. She's been progressing so fast.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Kid stoke

Not my kiddo but pretty nice riding. Very worthy of the TGR kid stoke thread.

https://youtu.be/LusglH0FL0w

Last edited by klauss; 06-14-2020 at 05:47 PM.

“Hey dad, video me in slow motion!”

Nice jump! How old is he?

Took my daughter out again yesterday and today on some slightly more difficult trails and she did great. Set my phone down for some video of this tiny rock roll (though pretty decent sized on 20”). She backed off this a few times before

Last year we got incredibly lucky and my son got to be a test rider for Hayes' new JUNIT lineup of kids-specific suspension, wheels, brakes and cockpit components. We were incredibly honored to have them offer him a spot on their team again for this season. Hayes is super committed to this product line, and doubly so for the kids they've chosen as their JUNIT ambassadors. For this season they pulled out all the stops and produced a run of limited-edition custom parts for their sponsored kids. It took a bit longer than anticipated due to pandemic-related manufacturing delays, but it all arrived last week:

Name:  20200610_181026.jpeg
Views: 404
Size:  69.4 KB

The complete inventory of the pile is:

-Manitou Machete JUNIT Pro fork. I knew this fork (and everything else) was going to get custom graphics and chrome bling, but until it showed up I had no idea they had also dropped in their premium Dorado IRT air spring. I'm fairly confident saying that this is the raddest 24" fork ever made.

-Manitou Mara Pro shock with a custom tune and more chrome bling.

-Sun Duroc 30 JUNIT rims laced to Ringle's premium Bubba hubs

-Two sets of monogrammed Dominion A2 SFL brakes with chromed calipers, plus a stack of D-series rotors

-Custom chrome stems and two-tone raw/black JUNIT bars

-New dropper post they have in development that I am very impressed with. The lever looks sick and the installation was dead easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200610_181111.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	331671

Name:	20200611_171600.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	331672

Name:	20200610_181105.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	331673

Name:	20200611_171832.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	331674

Name:	20200611_174911.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	331675

Name:	20200610_201717.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	331676

I got it all built up in time to ride shuttle laps on Saturday. We may have achieved peak bling. The pics don't do it justice.

Name:	20200613_184812.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	331678

Name:	20200613_184833.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	331679
    Last edited by Dantheman; 06-15-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Damn, DTM. That looks tight!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Whoa. That’s badass

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post

Took my daughter out again yesterday and today on some slightly more difficult trails and she did great. Set my phone down for some video of this tiny rock roll (though pretty decent sized on 20”). She backed off this a few times before

My boy is 10. His younger sister (9) isn’t hitting jumps yet but she’s flying though stuff. So fun to watch. She manualed over a mud hole on the weekend then said “whoa, I didn’t even know I could do that!”

Your girl looks like she’s handling the rock line pretty well. Good for her!

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post

Form looks good!

She's pretty quickly taking over my instagram feed. My wife has been quick to tell me her riding is far more impressive than mine/friends, can't say I disagree.
    Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBbMjw4F..._web_copy_link

DTM - You're son new ride is ridiculously sick, and worthy of his skills.

"I said if I need it...IF!"

Hah! Bringing the sass, love it.

a buddy of mine managed to find a used Spawn for his 5 yr old and the kid loves it so much he is riding it more and farther than I would expect ... there is something to be said for spending big coin on a bike
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Hey Dan, did you grow a beard? I saw your son at trail side riding with another kid and a guy with a beard. Would have said Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Hey Dan, did you grow a beard? I saw your son at trail side riding with another kid and a guy with a beard. Would have said Hello!
    No beard here. Sunday evening near the playground? We met up with AC's family at the lower pavilion for a well-ventilated family dinner. We didn't ride the trails, though, he just dinked around on his 16" micro DJ. My BIL was there and has a beard, but he's also six inches taller than me and outweighs me by at least 60-80 lbs.

It was that bike. I looked closely at the adult and thought he was taller than you. Think it was a weekday evening. 2nd kid with him was a little smaller, but also aggressive. I ride there when my daughter has soccer. Anyway, I told them both they were fun to watch and got appreciative smiles.

Must have been another kid on a Clash. We've only ridden there once this season, which was about a month ago mid-day on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

DTM - Yep, redhead and takes after her mom. I'd like to think that tenacity will help her in the future, also works pretty well for her determination on the trails/skiing/dance/field hockey etc.

XXX-er - Was on the lookout for something like that, Will have to ad a plug for the Cannondale Quick 20" <$400 that she's riding, not Spawn/Trailcraft/etc level fancy-ness, but is 18/19lbs w/ 7speed and 2.0 XC-ish tires. She only weighs 42 lbs so wanted to ensure she was riding something as light as possible, also thinking the rigid will help skill development and pick good lines, which we often talk about. Next bike will get a bit more pimped.

Love this thread

Saw this posted on the TGR site, worth a share I think

Bumping the kid stoke back up. Long weekend made for plenty of new routes for kids. Puts new perspective on my normal trails, turns a 5-10 min segment into planning a route to/from. Nice to have ~20 miles of S/T to choose from real close.