Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Drinking neat gin is too Dickensian for comfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Drinking neat gin is too Dickensian for comfort.
    Sometimes at the bar I order my wife's Hendricks martini without any vermouth ('just show the vermouth bottle to the gin'). When I do that she always says it's a great martini.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Only dehydrated Vegan Extra Dry.
    So ..... no dried, ground up placenta???

the bombay saphire, kroger brand tonic with quinene, a big splash of kroger lime juce, and some lime slices. I am far, far from a con-ti-soo-war of anyting, but that was yum-yum. was drinking too many of them by the pool in the summer had to quit, but mah gawd thats yummy.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Sometimes at the bar I order my wife's Hendricks martini without any vermouth ('just show the vermouth bottle to the gin'). When I do that she always says it's a great martini.
    Don't even have vermouth in the house but been drinking martinis all weekend. Latest jar of olives was not sealed from the store, so switched to Schweppes tonic tonight, along with some fresh limes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Is it too much to squeeze a lime?

Depends on your rate of consumption and degree of laziness.

To me, the biggest thing is fresh tonic. Whatever you leave in the bottle, though sealed and in the fridge, tastes markedly worse even after an hour or two. So I like the small bottles, which is kinda wasteful both in terms of cash and glass. Helps to limit my home consumption because, damn, yeah, what a great summer drink.

+1 on the Bombay original (and Sapphire, of course) and Beefeater. Sapphire is probably my favorite clear booze of all. Man, good stuff.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

4 glasses on, bottle of tonic is empty and the bag of limes is half gone. Will repeat experiment layer this week.

I honestly think that cheating and using lime juice takes a lot of the flavor from the aromatic oils in the lime skin out of the drink.

was that douchey enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Yes it was. Lol

That juice's ingredients list the oils specifically; it's good stuff.

I thought you were supposed to shine a light through the vermouth onto the glass for the proper dryness. No?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    was that douchey enough?
    Clearly not. Insufficient innuendo concerning the clumsy and boorish tastelessness of the neanderthals who would consider anything else.

A G&T, to me, is a one-timer to kick off happy hour and cool off after something hot and strenuous like cutting the grass or a polo match. Or sitting in a chair in the sun. I'm flexible on that.

A second G&T is never a good idea imo, enjoy the one drink, then have something else. For that one, it might as well be good. I'm not on a quest, but for me, Beefeater, Schweppes, decent limes, nice glass, I'm fine.

Maybe like 4 oz. of gin in that drink

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I thought you were supposed to shine a light through the vermouth onto the glass for the proper dryness. No?
    Or whisper "vermouth" over the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A G&T, to me, is a one-timer to kick off happy hour and cool off after something hot and strenuous like cutting the grass or a polo match. Or sitting in a chair in the sun. I'm flexible on that.

A second G&T is never a good idea imo, enjoy the one drink, then have something else. For that one, it might as well be good. I'm not on a quest, but for me, Beefeater, Schweppes, decent limes, nice glass, I'm fine.

Maybe like 4 oz. of gin in that drink
    the thing is if you go small tonic bottle (as you should), it pretty much takes 2 G&Ts to kill the bottle. Waste of tonic otherwise.

Or whisper "vermouth" over the glass.
    I just look in the general direction of Paris and say 'Fuck the French' before pouring my unspoiled gin.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

My approach is lightweight with the G&T: I just have 1 with only 1-1.5 oz of gin.

Then move on, yeah.

You people call yourself ski lifestyle enthusiasts and you quit after one G&T!?!

Bunch of fucking teetotalers is what we have here I tell ya!

By the way, love how KQ's article calls the G&T a "great lunchtime sharpener". Yeah, that's what I'm going to call it too when I have a few with lunch this week.
    I still call it The Jake.

Well the way I approach it is that drink has to last for a while. I don't mind putting more ice in it. But if someone catches you putting more booze in it you're in trouble. Or I am, at least. So, strong initial pour and work from there.

Fair enough, and strong tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You people call yourself ski lifestyle enthusiasts and you quit after one G&T!?!

Bunch of fucking teetotalers is what we have here I tell ya!

By the way, love how KQ's article calls the G&T a "great lunchtime sharpener". Yeah, that's what I'm going to call it too when I have a few with lunch this week.
    It's all about the variety and quality, boy.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    No, no, not quit, more like move on. I'm currently working on a Four Roses single barrel neat after my evening G&T. Somehow G&T doesn't appeal to me after dark. Like, who drinks Bloody Mary's at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It's all about the variety and quality, boy.
    No, no, not quit, more like move on. I'm currently working on a Four Roses single barrel neat after my evening G&T. Somehow G&T doesn't appeal to me after dark. Like, who drinks Bloody Mary's at night?
    I got ya fellas.

And for those who drink bloodys after dark: The Baumer.

No second G&T has ever tasted as good as the first one. That's just a fact.