Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 372
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    10,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Isn't Whole Foods bongwater lacto and ovo free as well as gluten free?
    Only dehydrated Vegan Extra Dry.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,542
    Tonic-free G&T:
    3 Ice Cubes
    4 Oz Gin

    Pour Gin over ice in glass. Drink.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    30,056
    Drinking neat gin is too Dickensian for comfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Drinking neat gin is too Dickensian for comfort.
    Sometimes at the bar I order my wife's Hendricks martini without any vermouth ('just show the vermouth bottle to the gin'). When I do that she always says it's a great martini.
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Only dehydrated Vegan Extra Dry.
    So ..... no dried, ground up placenta???

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    1,944
    the bombay saphire, kroger brand tonic with quinene, a big splash of kroger lime juce, and some lime slices. I am far, far from a con-ti-soo-war of anyting, but that was yum-yum. was drinking too many of them by the pool in the summer had to quit, but mah gawd thats yummy.
    "Can't you see..."

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    So. VT
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Sometimes at the bar I order my wife's Hendricks martini without any vermouth ('just show the vermouth bottle to the gin'). When I do that she always says it's a great martini.
    Don't even have vermouth in the house but been drinking martinis all weekend. Latest jar of olives was not sealed from the store, so switched to Schweppes tonic tonight, along with some fresh limes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,922

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    7,029
    Is it too much to squeeze a lime?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,922
    Depends on your rate of consumption and degree of laziness.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,561
    To me, the biggest thing is fresh tonic. Whatever you leave in the bottle, though sealed and in the fridge, tastes markedly worse even after an hour or two. So I like the small bottles, which is kinda wasteful both in terms of cash and glass. Helps to limit my home consumption because, damn, yeah, what a great summer drink.

    +1 on the Bombay original (and Sapphire, of course) and Beefeater. Sapphire is probably my favorite clear booze of all. Man, good stuff.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    So. VT
    Posts
    2,284
    4 glasses on, bottle of tonic is empty and the bag of limes is half gone. Will repeat experiment layer this week.

    I honestly think that cheating and using lime juice takes a lot of the flavor from the aromatic oils in the lime skin out of the drink.









    was that douchey enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,922
    Yes it was. Lol

    That juice's ingredients list the oils specifically; it's good stuff.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Sometimes at the bar I order my wife's Hendricks martini without any vermouth ('just show the vermouth bottle to the gin'). When I do that she always says it's a great martini.
    I thought you were supposed to shine a light through the vermouth onto the glass for the proper dryness. No?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,456
    Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    was that douchey enough?
    Clearly not. Insufficient innuendo concerning the clumsy and boorish tastelessness of the neanderthals who would consider anything else.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,805
    A G&T, to me, is a one-timer to kick off happy hour and cool off after something hot and strenuous like cutting the grass or a polo match. Or sitting in a chair in the sun. I'm flexible on that.

    A second G&T is never a good idea imo, enjoy the one drink, then have something else. For that one, it might as well be good. I'm not on a quest, but for me, Beefeater, Schweppes, decent limes, nice glass, I'm fine.

    Maybe like 4 oz. of gin in that drink

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I thought you were supposed to shine a light through the vermouth onto the glass for the proper dryness. No?
    Or whisper "vermouth" over the glass.
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Jose Cuervo
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A G&T, to me, is a one-timer to kick off happy hour and cool off after something hot and strenuous like cutting the grass or a polo match. Or sitting in a chair in the sun. I'm flexible on that.

    A second G&T is never a good idea imo, enjoy the one drink, then have something else. For that one, it might as well be good. I'm not on a quest, but for me, Beefeater, Schweppes, decent limes, nice glass, I'm fine.

    Maybe like 4 oz. of gin in that drink
    the thing is if you go small tonic bottle (as you should), it pretty much takes 2 G&Ts to kill the bottle. Waste of tonic otherwise.

  19. #94
    DJSapp's Avatar
    DJSapp is online now (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    All over NCal
    Posts
    6,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Or whisper "vermouth" over the glass.
    I just look in the general direction of Paris and say 'Fuck the French' before pouring my unspoiled gin.
    Fat fuck bubbas are not erosion.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,456
    My approach is lightweight with the G&T: I just have 1 with only 1-1.5 oz of gin.

    Then move on, yeah.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,203
    You people call yourself ski lifestyle enthusiasts and you quit after one G&T!?!

    Bunch of fucking teetotalers is what we have here I tell ya!


    By the way, love how KQ's article calls the G&T a "great lunchtime sharpener". Yeah, that's what I'm going to call it too when I have a few with lunch this week.
    I still call it The Jake.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,805
    Well the way I approach it is that drink has to last for a while. I don't mind putting more ice in it. But if someone catches you putting more booze in it you're in trouble. Or I am, at least. So, strong initial pour and work from there.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,203
    Fair enough, and strong tactic.
    I still call it The Jake.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,456
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You people call yourself ski lifestyle enthusiasts and you quit after one G&T!?!

    Bunch of fucking teetotalers is what we have here I tell ya!


    By the way, love how KQ's article calls the G&T a "great lunchtime sharpener". Yeah, that's what I'm going to call it too when I have a few with lunch this week.
    It's all about the variety and quality, boy.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You people call yourself ski lifestyle enthusiasts and you quit after one G&T!?!
    No, no, not quit, more like move on. I'm currently working on a Four Roses single barrel neat after my evening G&T. Somehow G&T doesn't appeal to me after dark. Like, who drinks Bloody Mary's at night?
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •