Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Any other good books? Staying alive is great, try to read it once before every season. but agreed on only so many times...

Quote Originally Posted by steezybomber View Post
    Any other good books? Staying alive is great, try to read it once before every season. but agreed on only so many times...
    The new Snowy Torrents or any issue of The Avalanche Review (TAR). The current issue of TAR has a great article about the 10 mistakes guides/avalanche professionals make.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

^^ thanks Hacksaw, I will have to check out out the TAR, always good to learn from others.

If you want a subscription to TAR, check it out under "supporter" membership on the AAA website.

http://www.americanavalancheassociat...aaamembership/
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    If you want a subscription to TAR, check it out under "supporter" membership on the AAA website.

http://www.americanavalancheassociat...aaamembership/
    Thanks Hacksaw!

You can also check out The Avalanche Review's Avalanche Library and Archives gratis...

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post
    You can also check out The Avalanche Review's Avalanche Library and Archives gratis...
    Very handy. Glad past issues are available, especially gratis.

Also got some nice morning humor in opening up the first one to glance through and seeing and old friend from grad school in the contributors section.

One issue that could be more squarely addressed is the inability of the average larger group to adhere to safe travel protocol. Another factor that tends to go with the larger group is treating trees as islands of safety just because they are there. While the whole group stays exposed as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by TownPump View Post
    One issue that could be more squarely addressed is the inability of the average larger group to adhere to safe travel protocol. Another factor that tends to go with the larger group is treating trees as islands of safety just because they are there. While the whole group stays exposed as a result.
    so true. great point

I don't like spamming my junk here, but I developed a few courses for 17/18 that directly address a lot of the content in this thread. PM me if you're curious and fancy some time in the San Juans.

I'll fancy some time mid to late February.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<