Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

wtf photobucket?

There goes lots of tr photos. Anyone know of a better site for hosting photos?
    $400 a year!!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 9.10.04 AM.png
Views: 1242
Size:  158.2 KB

That site is almost unnavigable with all the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    That site is almost unnavigable with all the ads.
    Yeah, it had got really bad and I was wanting to find something better but just been lazy.

I pay for smugmug. The $40/yr for everything makes it worthwhile for me. Been very good.

If you decide to go that route, I can give you a referral code and save each of us like $5.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Figured if paying, I should diy. $100 for 3 years of host gator and $12/year for domain. Hopefully this works:

Odd this photo on photobucket is still working:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...09#post5015509

switched to imgur last year, so good so far
    watch out for snakes

Lots of car forum diy are now pic less. Fuck you photobucket!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I pay for smugmug. The $40/yr for everything makes it worthwhile for me. Been very good.

If you decide to go that route, I can give you a referral code and save each of us like $5.
    x2, I'm pretty happy with Smugmug

^ same.

Are all the photos in TRs hosted by photofuckit now gone?

I can't remember for sure, but wasn't that what photofuckit said they were good for back in the day?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I wouldn't pay photobucket even if it was the best price for the best service. They should have left the old photos uploaded when it was free.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Odd this photo on photobucket is still working:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...09#post5015509
    ^^ not working anymore....

They finally turned off my free account.

I have a second paid account, and supposedly 3rd party hosting will not be deactivated on that until my current term expires or 12/31/18.

I've been downloading my albums. At least the site seems to be functioning well enough again to do that.

Photobucket can eat a big fat fairy cock.

just use google photos... their storage is dirt cheap, they'll auto backup from your phone on either android or ios.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    just use google photos... their storage is dirt cheap, they'll auto backup from your phone on either android or ios.
    I had thought that the share link from google photos didn't work for 3rd party or like facebook, the link wasn't a permanent address? I also don't really want my full name easily linked to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I had thought that the share link from google photos didn't work for 3rd party or like facebook, the link wasn't a permanent address? I also don't really want my full name easily linked to the forums.
    as far as I know you can generate permanent public share links now, though if you want it dissociated from your actual name yeah maybe not the best option

I can't seem to get google photos to work...how do you get a link?

didnt we have a thread about this? Pretty sure it has to do with if you have the picture set to public or private

I tried it. My photos are set to public in google photos but I can't get the link to display anything on forums. Some searches yielded comments that google had disabled the 3rd party hosting a couple years ago.

Our CTO at work pointed me to Amazon web services S3 to try for photo hosting (or any file hosting). It was simple to set up and prices are based on metered usage not flat fees. $.023 per GB of storage and tiny charges for uploading / downloading (people accessing hosted pic from forums). Based on what I have now in photobucket I estimate the fee would be $.58/mo assuming I uploaded everything. Looks like the most basic account structure only allows 100 buckets (folders) but I can live with that. It can be used to host photos for display on a separate website, or it looks like you can set up a site using AWS as well. Need to play with it some more and see if it will work, it isn't really set up for viewing and organizing photos but for storage it looks great.

https://aws.amazon.com/s3/

I would just like to chime in and say fuck you photobucket. All my car forums now look like one big photobucket pay us ransom note. Fuck you photobucket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Our CTO at work pointed me to Amazon web services S3 to try for photo hosting (or any file hosting). It was simple to set up and prices are based on metered usage not flat fees. $.023 per GB of storage and tiny charges for uploading / downloading (people accessing hosted pic from forums). Based on what I have now in photobucket I estimate the fee would be $.58/mo assuming I uploaded everything. Looks like the most basic account structure only allows 100 buckets (folders) but I can live with that. It can be used to host photos for display on a separate website, or it looks like you can set up a site using AWS as well. Need to play with it some more and see if it will work, it isn't really set up for viewing and organizing photos but for storage it looks great.

https://aws.amazon.com/s3/
    You can have as many folders as you want within a Bucket, you should only need one bucket on S3 unless you really need to keep files separate. I would worry about fees being high if a thread goes viral. There's no way to cap maximum expenditures on S3... With that said, I use it to back up my photos and my office files server. Low redundancy (something like 99.99% reliable) backup of a couple hundred gigs only costs a few dollars a month. It's pretty great but requires a little more effort and tech savvy than I'd be willing to go through for tr photo hosting.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Shitbucket destroyed the Internet.

Frequent quite a few forums and they look like a friggin graveyard now. Years, hell, decade of information gone obsolete. It is like the History has been purged. On many forums legendary threads have been destroyed as the original posters are not alive anymore to face this fucking extortion.
    The amount of lost information is gargantuan.

Fucking travesty.

Yes, I know that relying on a single corporate entity is foolish, yet...damn. Wonder if there is already some dispersed P-to-P solutions in the making? Could from there come some solution, in the long run?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

anyone having luck downloading their albums from photobucket? Hasn't worked for me for a few weeks now, I emailed them and they suggested downloading 1 photo at a time.