Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I had sort of a similar issue with Picasa after Google swallowed them up, though my images appear to be in an archive status and are still visible in old TR's. I've been using a Flikr free account with OK results for a while now.

I think there is a way that you can post images from dropbox now without making it possible for unwanted visitors to crawl through the entire contents of the directory as well.

never had an issue with flickr. its free afaik

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    You can have as many folders as you want within a Bucket, you should only need one bucket on S3 unless you really need to keep files separate. I would worry about fees being high if a thread goes viral. There's no way to cap maximum expenditures on S3... With that said, I use it to back up my photos and my office files server. Low redundancy (something like 99.99% reliable) backup of a couple hundred gigs only costs a few dollars a month. It's pretty great but requires a little more effort and tech savvy than I'd be willing to go through for tr photo hosting.
    Thanks for the input. I can see it requiring a bit more knowledge than basic web hosting. Seems like AWS can be used for some pretty complex needs. Sometimes that just opens up so many options and flexibility you don't know where to start. Still looking at some other options too. Using AWS for backup of files may work. I doubt I'll ever have a TR go viral but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    anyone having luck downloading their albums from photobucket? Hasn't worked for me for a few weeks now, I emailed them and they suggested downloading 1 photo at a time.
    Still not working. Last night I tried downloading a few albums pic by pic and honestly it didn't take much longer than dealing with the captcha "I'm not a Robot routine" I have to go through on the work computer. At home it works to just check the box, but download speeds are slower. Naming the folders probably took the most time. I'm assuming PB intentionally shut down album downloading so if you want the pics this will be the only option. I might try to just plug away at it a few albums a day whenever I have time. I don't have that many left.

Edit - I definitely think its faster to download them as pics individually. Downloading albums you had to wait til the zip file was prepared before you could do anything else in PB. Granted you could work on something else in another window for a couple minutes. Then you still have to deal with zipped files. Downloading individually there is no wait for PB and no need to deal with zipped files. I did a few albums just now. The ones with just a few pics took about a minute each. Ones with lots of pics maybe took 2 minutes total.
    Last edited by evdog; 08-11-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I would just like to chime in and say fuck you photobucket. All my car forums now look like one big photobucket pay us ransom note. Fuck you photobucket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    all of my old TRs here are wiped out completely. This is fucked up. How much money do you think they'll make by doing this?

Enough to not give a fuck. I bet this was the end game from the beginning. ASSHOLES.

sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    all of my old TRs here are wiped out completely. This is fucked up. How much money do you think they'll make by doing this?
    IDK, but it's wide spread in forums across the webz.
    Given their move, I would never, ever, post galleries on their site.
    Fuck them and that.

Photobucket could have taken a smarter approach and made more money. Instead of buying an account that allows you to use their site to host images, buying an account allows you to see the images all of the images on various websites that are​ hosted by photobucket. That way all you have to do is buy an account to make all of the endless lost pictures come back.

For me it is easy enough just to start hosting my pictures somewhere else, but much more tempting to spend some money to bring back all the lost pictures on the forums I visit

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    same

may a thousand shits fall upon them

fuck photobucket for breaking the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Thoughts I've read is that they are getting killed on storage costs and traffic with all the free accounts. They downsized stored photos for all those free accounts. Even if 1% of users pony up the $400 that could be a big increase in revenue vs what they have now, and much lower costs due to lower usage.

The idea to pay to see photos hosted on their site is an interesting one...

Oh, and to reiterate... fuck photobucket. They've taken down the download album link entirely. And any means to actually contact a live person. They must have been getting a ton of hate mail. For good reason....

They should be doxxed. Out them. Fix the internet assholes, or we will post your info on all the forums you broke. They want to play the blackmail game, well then... Game on.

sigless.

They haven't posted on their FB account in almost five months.

Fuck Photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Still not working. Last night I tried downloading a few albums pic by pic and honestly it didn't take much longer than dealing with the captcha "I'm not a Robot routine" I have to go through on the work computer. At home it works to just check the box, but download speeds are slower. Naming the folders probably took the most time. I'm assuming PB intentionally shut down album downloading so if you want the pics this will be the only option. I might try to just plug away at it a few albums a day whenever I have time. I don't have that many left.

Edit - I definitely think its faster to download them as pics individually. Downloading albums you had to wait til the zip file was prepared before you could do anything else in PB. Granted you could work on something else in another window for a couple minutes. Then you still have to deal with zipped files. Downloading individually there is no wait for PB and no need to deal with zipped files. I did a few albums just now. The ones with just a few pics took about a minute each. Ones with lots of pics maybe took 2 minutes total.
    This worked very well for me, it downloads albums.
    https://github.com/RipMeApp/ripme
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    This worked very well for me, it downloads albums.
    https://github.com/RipMeApp/ripme
    What url are you using that points to the full size images?

this also works from the command line, but I need to figure out how to get a listing of all my images:
    Code:
    curl -O --referer "http://s.photobucket.com/" http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu164/406_bucket/2011_summer/IMGP8473.jpg

I think mine is set up to anonymize the file names.

Looks like they've maybe sorta realized their strategy wasn't working?

New hosting plans $100/yr for personal use vs $400/yr for commercial. This doesn't show yet on their website but I got an email showing the plans below.

Too bad for them I already set up my own site to host my pics...

I have 12 years of photo's on Photobucket. they are still there.

I guess I should download them and store elsewhere

update, logged into Photobucket
    Here is a pic from 2006
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTTIMG_0126.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	223139

I don't look like that anymore
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Looks like they've maybe sorta realized their strategy wasn't working?

New hosting plans $100/yr for personal use vs $400/yr for commercial. This doesn't show yet on their website but I got an email showing the plans below.

Too bad for them I already set up my own site to host my pics...

I am sure the numbers didn't work as planned for them. I could go for a hundo. The biggest issue for me is the way their site works, very erratic.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Fuck them. Thread after thread around the internet destroyed by them. I'll say it again. FUCK THEM!
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Fuck them. Thread after thread around the internet destroyed by them. I'll say it again. FUCK THEM!
    Yup, not going back.

I got another email from them today, which specified that the $100 is an introductory price.

Fuck photobucket
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

So good news: Chrome now has extensions that make the blocked images appear. I'm using one called "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix". There were a couple of others, I just chose it. I can now see the back images that people posted on a bunch of forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    So good news: Chrome now has extensions that make the blocked images appear. I'm using one called "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix". There were a couple of others, I just chose it. I can now see the back images that people posted on a bunch of forums.
    Thanks for posting this!