Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    On your next time out there if you see someone flying the top ridge at the northside with a speedwing it is probably me
    "Who's that?"
    "That's Arash"

If you want to watch a skilled pilot, catch up with Orash11 at the Northside.

With everyone and there mother having Utah days on their pass, it is worth noting that you can fly at The Point in the Winter. I you are looking for something to do in the afternoons, getting a tandem on the North Side would be money well spent.

Fly K Town

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That second shot is awesome!

My friend actually took these from his whilst flying with his phone. I have not yet developed that level of comfort.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just hold the brake handles in your mouth?

I'll get out there one of these days to check it out. Couldn't make the last time, but still interested.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Just hold the brake handles in your mouth?

I'll get out there one of these days to check it out. Couldn't make the last time, but still interested.
    Usually, both brake toggles in one had or full hands off flying if conditions are smooth. Amazingly, gliders do a great job and just flying themselves. I will PM you if I'm going your way, alternately if you want to come north we could probably figure something out on the weekends. There is a commonly flown site, Otto's, out by Fruita so if you go bike riding, you could check that out. Bellyache is getting flown most mornings.

I got my first 3 solo flights at north boulder today. Shit, I think I'm hooked already.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I got my first 3 solo flights at north boulder today. Shit, I think I'm hooked already.
    Sick! Who is your instructor? Talk to them about getting out to The Point or Otto's as much as possible. Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Sick! Who is your instructor? Talk to them about getting out to The Point or Otto's as much as possible. Where do you live?
    I live in Vail and Greg Kelley is teaching me. He does trips to Otto's fairly regularly. I thought about doing a few 3 day weekend trips to the point and learning with super fly, but opted for the slower local approach.

Cool. Greg is awesome. Kite as much as possible and dial in those forward launches for Bellyache. If you haven't already, you should join RMHPA and get on the WhatsApp Chat to see all the goings on in the world on Colorado free flight such as great glass offs at Williams the last three days and big XC flights going down in the front range.

Bump for MD9 getting his P2!

This one has i bit of everything XC, acro, speedflying

Got my P2! I also got the Ozone Buzz Z5 for my first wing. Been flying at bellyache ridge a lot and am gonna head down to valle in December. Loving this sport so far.

Let me know if you are flying Bellyache on the weekends. I didn't know if that worked in the winter being a classic AM lee site. All the Kremmling sites are still good to go. There are P2s in Summit. Make sure you get on the RMHPA WhatsApp as that is were most people make there flying plans and post videos and such. If you need help doing that, PM me.

Bellyache can work year round with a combination of catabatic flow coming down the valley and heating of the east facing slopes below launch. Even with snow, I've found it doesn't take much sun to turn on.

Yeah, I've been on the RMHPA whatsapp chats, they're really useful.
    Last edited by zartagen; 11-14-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Good to know. Many katabatic sites don't work in the winter as the prevailing W and NW flow overpowers the drainage effect. I will try to get over there sooner rather than later. Got to take advance of the drive up winter sites in the mountains.

Greetings from Valle de Bravo!

A few more from Valle. Holy shit, thermalling is full on. Love it! Flew one flight 23km xc back to the lake.

Few things look as fun to me as paragliding, I have a few friends who do it (or HG which actually looks like more fun but a bigger PITA). If it didn't seem like such a giant commitment going out to POTM over and over again, I probably would have tried by now. I hope Vail continues to let people take off from CB, it would be a shame if their corporate liability lawyer types kill it off.

Went for a quick trip out to Marshall to fly with some friends. Did a little 24 km xc flight to a brewery for my last day, one of the local traditions. My buddy snapped these of me on the way.

Serene Vimeo

Brett Hazlett never disappoints with his videos. I could just cycle through his collection on no-fly days for hours on end. Here's his latest:

This is just nuts. Over 200 pilots top landed Mont Blanc yesterday. Of course, in true French fashion, somebody died and the government has now banned landing there. There is some debate about whether it is safe, whenever you top land you should be prepared to hike down in case launch conditions are not favorable.

We will talk about the X Alps once the good videos are produced.

Zartagen, looks like you have had some great flights. As usual, the spring conditions have been pretty fickle but I have had a few great flights specially at Wolcott. Hopefully the forecast holds up for this weekend.

Next time you jump in Wolcott, I'd love to observe. Always wanted to see someone jump live. Be good to see you again as well. It's been 10 years.

We actually pay drivers at Wolcott. You could probably make a few $s. It is kinda weird deal and I only know half the story. It is private land owned by some old school Eagle County family. They just paid most of the cost to grading the road so you can drive all the way to launch. It gets flown a lot on southwest evenings. I'll PM you when it looks like it might happen. I soared for 2 hrs. there on Tuesday.

Please do. Happy to do shuttle. I have some friends who live on Bellyache and often go up there for a peaceful sunset.