Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Foggy, shoot me a text if you're planning on going out there. I'd love to check it out and could use some easy sled rides to get back into things.

My dear skier, co-pilot and tuna spear at @100" Todd sums it up here. And praise Mt. Baldy..................

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TGR_Todd N.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	214733
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

Sorry for shitty ass screenshots but I would like to share my pics from a few months ago at the illegal Honolulu launch site.

I would not suggest anyone do this, especially with the sketchy launch site near the power lines, but goddamn if this was not the coolest thing I’ve ever done in my life !

Here are some pics from my GoPro, can someone tell me how to make them full size?

Any Paraglider Pilots?

Sorry for the thread jack

Just thought the Hawaii soaring smile photo paired with the new ad at the bottom of the thread in the app was funny

Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Sorry for the thread jack

Just thought the Hawaii soaring smile photo paired with the new ad at the bottom of the thread in the app was funny

Carry on
    Hahahaha wtf

New Andrew needs to fix this shit lol

Any Paraglider Pilots?

Foggy, send me a PM if you want ! I realize you are still a beginner but I can probably give you some tips for places around the front range, especially if you are willing to enter some legal “grey” areas

The boulder launch site is also worth looking into, if nothing else to get in touch with people and watch some experienced pilots

I’ve heard about kremlling, does anyone have more info ?

I got up in the air this week before I broke my foot hahaha

And now I’m 3 weeks minimum in a boot

Any Paraglider Pilots?

I'm back at the Point of the Mountain and the conditions have been great. I got my first soaring flights yesterday and top landed on the North Side. I should have got in touch Swerve but it was kind of a last minute trip. Orash, I'm the guy with the yellow helmet and streamer on my glider. My real name is James.

Time to get going and head to the South Side.

Yes. Looks like you're in Utah?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Nice, Foggy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TGR Forums mobile app

From a couple weeks back flying the wasatch on a booming spring day. I didn't have my camera, but my friend took this neat shot.

Name:	Snowy Wasatch by Josh Goldstein.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	602.5 KB 
ID:	234658

It's ironic, but I gave up Hang Gliding and Paragliding to focus on skiing about 18 years ago. I started flying in about 1990 in Crested Butte and ended up following my friends to Pacifica, CA where I spent the next several years just about every day chasing wind at the coast and thermals in the mountains. Glass-off at Hat Creek, 2,000 FPM thermals in the Owens, 1,500 feet over the beach in the shear, Point of the Mountain, Aspen, Hull, Baja...so many great memories. Have fun -- there's nothing else like it!

Sweet pic and flight Orash. where was your take off - Inspiration Point?

Skysos - 2000fpm at Owens is serious business.

Me, I can't remember what I posted but I've had my P2 since November. Too much work and not enough flying but I'm starting to get some thermal flying in. Flew a sight near Kremmling in late afternoon thermic conditions and got 600 over launch and stayed up for 28mins. Only came down because a wanted to complete a safe flight. Lift everywhere.

A few pics from the weekend

Azure launch near Radium, CO. Experienced pilot friends of mine launched at the same time and flew to Green Mountain Reservoir in very rowdy air. I just boated around by launch and worked on my thermally skills, active piloting, pitch control etc.

Fly Kremmling!!!

What have you other pilots been up to?
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Name:	IMG_2779.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	242596

They’re out in force every morning here.
    Typically two pickup shuttles each @6&8am.
    Then they go up the Gondi 10 to 4.

I hang out/drink beer with the local group of 7 or 8 paragliders, definate characters with a poor work ethic and they are like speaking a different language
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Kremtucky? Sweet shot. You launch off the butte? I'd love to get into paragliding someday.

Latest video from Fabian Lentsch is seriously bad ass: https://www.facebook.com/fabian.lent...4642641327503/

Speedflying. It has many similarities and many differences with paragliding. Unfortunately, it is have a hard time integrating with USHPA which, in my opinion, is leading to both some retarded political friction and many speedflyers learing with out formalized training.

Horseshoe Bend Flight Park https://hsbflightpark.com/ and Soboba https://www.sobobaparagliding.com/ are two relatively new privately owned flight parks that are having a go at establishing legitimatize education and speed riding sites.

Shred, I forget where you live (Eagle, Summit, Aspen?) but if you ever want to come out for a day of observation and an intro, I can make that happen. Look into the Bellyache site. Rocky Mountain Hangliding and Paragliding Association (the Colorado club) is actually having a fly-in there this Sunday.

Many of the instructors and schools are making an effort to schedule some one day intros in order to have prospective students decide if "paragliding is right for me". Currently, you have to pony up about $2K for your P2 training and the end of which you are expected to drop another $2.5 (minimum) on a wing, harness and reserve. That's a lot of cheddar to drop before knowing whether it is your think or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Shred, I forget where you live (Eagle, Summit, Aspen?) but if you ever want to come out for a day of observation and an intro, I can make that happen. Look into the Bellyache site. Rocky Mountain Hangliding and Paragliding Association (the Colorado club) is actually having a fly-in there this Sunday.

Many of the instructors and schools are making an effort to schedule some one day intros in order to have prospective students decide if "paragliding is right for me". Currently, you have to pony up about $2K for your P2 training and the end of which you are expected to drop another $2.5 (minimum) on a wing, harness and reserve. That's a lot of cheddar to drop before knowing whether it is your think or not.
    THat would be cool and I'll be over in Eagle that day. Might try to check it out, do you have a link with more info?

This is the info I have, I am hoping to be there:

First Flights at Bellyache
    When
    Sun, August 26, 7am – 10am
    Where
    Red Canyon Estates Rd Red Canyon Estates Rd, Edwards, CO 81632 https://goo.gl/maps/BQdmfDYqGzy (map)
    Description
    Instructor Greg Kelley will be giving walkthroughs and launch briefings to pilots flying Bellyache for the first time. Location attached is for the LZ. Be on site by 7am, if it is your first time.

Basically, the club is having there monthly meeting following flying:

Sun, August 26, 11am – 2pm
    Where
    Harry A. Nottingham Park, 414 W Beaver Creek Blvd, Avon, CO 81620, USA (map)
    Description
    We will be holding our August meeting in the mountains, coupled with a BBQ, which is free for all current members.

The grills will fire up as Bellyache begins to shut down for the day. If conditions permit, Wolcott may be an option, following the meeting and BBQ.

Please RSVP at the link below, so I can get an accurate headcount for food. Hope to see everyone there!

Lots of people see gliders in the air but few people observe take offs, landings etc. and really seen what it is all about. Pilots are generally a really cool group of interesting people that love honest talk about people interested in flying.

That said, generally don't talk to a pilot where they are on launch strapped into their harness. They are going through there pre-flight checklist, have the intent to fly, and should be focusing 100% at the task at hand.

Cool, I'll keep it in mind. Family in town but if I can slip away for a few hours early in the AM I might try to make it.

Since we are talking foot launched speed wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUjLIxQvB_I

So French. Ride lift up. Fly down.