How's the Green River fishing?

Visiting family in Jackson next week and my nephew is taking me fishing with a guide buddy. Says we're floating the Green. How's fishing been?

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Which section?

They're keying in on Bunyan bugs right now. It's on fire.

If your guide tells you that you're going to fish nymphs you should immediately let him know there will be no tip at the end of the day.

edit: looks like it's not a paid trip. withhold beer until fish are caught on dries. you bought lunch and gas, right?

Higher than most years for this time of year. Still plenty of white stuff to come out of them hills. Should be seeing the last big push of water this week. It should be high but beginning to clear, depending on when you're there. The Green doesn't need to be crystal clear to fish.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/d...?id=1153258471
    Latest fishing report
    Flows are currently at 8,600 cfs, but are scheduled to decrease July 5. Flaming Gorge Dam shall decrease to base flow releases at 2,400 cfs. Flows can change daily, so be sure to check current releases. Streamer fishing has been good, especially in slow water (eddies) early and late in the day. Nymph fishing has also been productive using scuds, soft hackles, San Juan worms and juju midges. Set your nymph rig at 8 to 12 feet and target seams of fast and slow water. Fishing with cicadas has also been good, especially in A-section. Try a dry dropper, using a cicada as a strike indicator with a nymph trailing two to three feet below. Yellow sally and caddis hatches have been increasing each day, so expect dry fly fishing to get even better as the flows start to drop. Spin fishing is also good. Marabou jigs or tube jigs in earth tones and whites are a good option in shallow or deep water. Brightly colored spoons, spinners and crankbaits may also entice fish. Pinch down the barbs for quick release. (Last update 06-30-17)
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Thanks all. Sounds like we could be hitting it at the right time. I don't know what section we'll be floating and I'm a total jong when it comes to chucking flies but I'll be sure the guide is taken care of, especially since this sounds like a day off trip.

The worst of runoff is over. Freestones are tough to wade at these levels but since we are on the downward side of the surge, the water clarity is fine in most streams. Water is dropping and whatever riverbank muck and debris there was in a watershed has mostly been washed down by now. Bugs are hatching. I caught 14 yesterday on the Teton and that is usually one of the last rivers in the region to become fishable. It's on. The hot weather will probably keep the melt coming down quick so don't expect to see water levels dropping significantly over the next week. As hot as it's becoming, its a good thing the streams are running high and cold.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 07-05-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Got in the middle of a Drake hatch and caught my first brown on a dry fly! Beautiful country, and fish. Jongish pic attached.