Decent fork mount roof rack options

To the extent I even use racks, I prefer my 2" hitch mount 1upusa. But the new VW wagon is low enough that a fork mounted bike will clear my garage opening if the dropper post is down, so I'm sorta considering that option for one bike up top.

Are there ones now that fairly painlessly switch between 15 mm and 20 mm thru axles and boost bullshit? Any that emphasize metal rather than plastic construction? I'd be getting some low profile aero bars with the T slot...I assume any of these racks would be fairly quick to remove if I needed.

On my phone so tough to add links but the Swagman does what you want. I'm not sure about 20mm though but 100/110/150 15mm it does.

I've been using this one for a few months now. I like it. It will do all axle sizes including QR and fat bikes
    https://www.yakima.com/highspeed

Where do you put the wheel when you take it off?
    I don't get the appeal of fork mount?
    Why not a tray style with a ratcheting arm?
    I have one of these on the roof when I'm loading a single bike. It works great with both my MTB and delicate carbon Road bike.
    https://rockymounts.com/products/bra...nt=27575453185

Looked at the high speed yesterday. Salesman didn't know that it can be mounted cleanly with T bolts to a grooved crossbar like the whispbars I ordered.

Dee H, my hitch rack is a 1upusa but for a roof rack a fork mount on a lowish roofed car means I can drive into most garages as long as the seat post is in lowest position.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Unlike the Yakima highspeed, seems like the swagman doesn't have a keyed lock for the fork? And I'd have to carry a bag of axle adapters to cover all the standards, unlike the Yakima's simple vice system.

But appreciate the link, thx.