Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    All LC's are future money.

Quote Originally Posted by FJ62 View Post
    Was down in LA last month and convinced Jonathan Ward (ICON / TLC4x4) to give me the nickel tour of his shop and appear on the podcast I just started. Episode is here if anyone wants to check it out. The attention to detail - beyond the usual drivetrain / suspension stuff we're all OCD about - is off the charts. The photos just don't do them justice. Quite an operation, too.. 45 or so employees (he's always hiring more, too) and a huge facility. The Broncos and random old cars he's working on were just as impressive.
    Dude thanks for posting, that was awesome. Now I just need to find 6 figures laying around and have that guy build me my dream rig.

Bumping this as I'm interested in the LC stock market

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Bumping this as I'm interested in the LC stock market
    Is this yours?
    Looks gorgeous. One of my favorite colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Is this yours?
    Looks gorgeous. One of my favorite colors.

Yeah I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'm stoked on the color also

Yeah I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'm stoked on the color also
    Looks clean - Where did you find it?

I'd be stoked on it too. Looks like the highly desirable "poverty pack". '93-94, burley transmission, no ODB2, no rear wind deflector, no roof rack, fabric seats. Does it have a sunroof? Not being a smartass, this thing is a unicorn.

Those wheels could go though. Pick up some cheap stock wheels or steelies.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'd be stoked on it too. Looks like the highly desirable "poverty pack". '93-94, burley transmission, no ODB2, no rear wind deflector, no roof rack, fabric seats. Does it have a sunroof? Not being a smartass, this thing is a unicorn.

Those wheels could go though. Pick up some cheap stock wheels or steelies.
    That is exactly what it is. Does have sunroof that has a slight leak. Pretty standard issue but the D light might actually work!

I found some stock wheels locally that I'm going to pick up. Mag chloride is going to ruin those aftermarket wheels anyway.

I found it in the SE. Gonna be a long drive back to CO

80 series land cruiser futures

That is exactly what it is. Does have sunroof that has a slight leak. Pretty standard issue but the D light might actually work!

I found some stock wheels locally that I'm going to pick up. Mag chloride is going to ruin those aftermarket wheels anyway.

I found it in the SE. Gonna be a long drive back to CO
    That’s awesome. I have a similar non true poverty pack with no factory deflectors or roof racks. Didn’t realize it was a big deal at the time.
    What year is yours? Locked if 94?
    Recommend not bastardizing yours like I did.

Run some weed whacker line through the drain plugs in the sunroof and I bet the leak goes away. Might have to pour a little water up there first to soften years of dirt that clogged things up. When you clear it, you'll see the water drain under the frame by the front doors. Really sweet ride man.

Run some weed whacker line through the drain plugs in the sunroof and I bet the leak goes away. Might have to pour a little water up there first to soften years of dirt that clogged things up. When you clear it, you'll see the water drain under the frame by the front doors. Really sweet ride man.
    That's the plan. Did the same with my Audi and it worked. Thanks!

A really nice 94 with similar spec is on ebay right now. Love the green/tan combo with cloth seats. Paint is ruined which is common but otherwise 167k miles and mint

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Toyota...-127632-2357-0

Mine isn't locked and don't plan to modify. Should be fine to access trailheads. Wife can't handle even basic off-road without near panic attacks. That might change with the LC as it shouldn't be as tippy as the van feels

Looks perfect to me!

Be careful with the weed wire. It won’t go all the way through and if you’re not careful you can pop the hose off the nipple in the headliner.
    Other thing to look at is in the kick panel at the foot wells. There’s a hole behind it with some harnesses tucked in. If you reach in you’ll find the black drain hose. Make sure it’s not kinked or crushed.
    Then under the truck you’ll see narrow slits in the rockers where the water finally drains. Those tend to clog with mud. Use a zip tie to clear them out. If water backs up there then it’ll go into the footwell as there’s nowhere else for it to go.

Lastly if none of that works check your windshield seal.

Anyone in Boise or SW idaho have a LC/Toyota shop they really like? My 100 overdue for a number of things (TB, cv, minor bodywork). Was stoked to find SNLC but they’re not taking anything for 2 yrs! Thanks @conundrum et al

Normal Toy maintenance/ engine work/stock anything? If so, LTS Motors. Talk to Cory and Brian there. Doing mods? Maybe Delta but they're pretty unorganized so not sure I'd recommend them but when they take their adderall I've heard good things. Ian and SNLC has a good rep but it appears he doesn't want any business that he doesn't deem cool enough to work on. Plus I've seen them camp and they dig their fire pits in river corridors that require fire pans (I'm a petty river runner too). Drive train stuff-Jim's Drive Train in Garden City. Body work like minor dents etc-McDowells Specialty. Body work with sanding/painting-Mike Minegars in Garden City. Tires/alignment-Mick or Louie at Big O on 13th or Dustin at Big O on Broadway. Electrical-Husky Auto Electric. Old school do everything mechanic-Oakley Moody.

I'd call LTS first. Just listing my favorite shops in town.

Thanks and copy that. Have used LTS for years but was surprised to find SNLC and Delta since I last paid attention. Ian said he only has one dude helping him now and can’t find anyone else. Wouldn’t have know the others were recommended so thanks.

Ian has been saying that for two years.

Theres always a degree of smoke mirrors when it comes to Land Cruiser "guys".

Personally I would avoid any shop that "specializes" in them, except Torfab in Everett, Wa.

Edit.
    Last edited by supermodel159; 10-07-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Theres always a degree of smoke mirrors when it comes to Land Cruiser "guys".

Personally I would avoid any shop that "specializes" in them, except Torfab in Everett, Wa.
    I agree on the smoke and mirrors for many, but there are a number of excellent long standing specialty shops here in NorCal.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    I agree on the smoke and mirrors for many, but there are a number of excellent long standing specialty shops here in NorCal.
    In SoCal, I only take my 100 to specialty shops. Only smoke and mirrors happen outside of working hours.

Details? Just started looking, but curious what you have. Thanks!
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Wrong series Cruiser, but thought some of you might like to see this:
    https://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/d/cr...389042830.html

Not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Super cool, and there was a period of about 6 months about 10 years ago when I would have considered a right hand drive car, but it's a turn off for me now. So I pass.
    Also I don't have $40k for a land cruiser right now.