Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Check that the hydraulic suspension operates as it should. Baseline it by flushing and filling all the fluids. Grease the driveshafts/u-joints. Drive it for 300,000 more miles.

My 2000 LX470 has 323,000 and is going strong. Strongly recommend the 100-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Hopefully a local 2nd home grocery getter with out-of-state owners who don't know how to price it.
    I guess this is the follow up question. What's the best estimate these days on a fair price? Seems like a Toyota is going to fetch a pretty penny, but the Lexus may be a better deal? KBB is a waste of time on these so I'm shooting blind at the worst time possible to buy a used car.
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Go to classic.com and you can see recent prices for sales for Land Cruisers

Classic.com/m/Toyota/land-cruiser/year-2004

Under 20k is getting challenging now

Anything under $20K would be real good if it is truly a clean 66,000 mile truck with no needs IMHO.

Thanks, Simple - That's good info. I'll probably have to go a fair amount higher than that for only 66,000 miles in a tight market...
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't

Just looked at a ruined LX450 that has been parked in a public spot for 18 months. Door is open and so is hood. Within 3 minutes a pissed off old man comes out of his house. Tells me I'm trespassing. Lol

I apologize and tell him it looks abandoned. He says the plates are still good, which they are. I offer to take it off his hands and he got pissed. Ok bud. It's so fucking ruined but it has 3x lockers so I could part it out and make a dollar. Tires are so rotted it will be unmovable soon. Kook

No idea on pricing anymore. Seems like anything under 100k is $30k+ but I haven't been keeping up.

It would be nice to know what the benchmark purchase price is for the average example of 80, 100 vintages for 150K+, 200k mileages.
    I still call it The Jake.

Too many variables.

There isn't an average of anything in the used LC world right now. There are plenty of $10k rigs out there, 2 or 3 years ago they were $1500 parts trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Thanks, Simple - That's good info. I'll probably have to go a fair amount higher than that for only 66,000 miles in a tight market...
    What's the asking $ ?

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    What's the asking $ ?
    $26,000 that includes shipping.

You can buy it for that use it for 5 years and sell it for that much easily

$26,000 that includes shipping.
    Don't get too drunk on the low mileage and miss potential issues, nothing changes the fact it's 17-18 years old. In many ways having that low of a mileage can cause a whole other set of issues.

80 series land cruiser futures

Looks like a total restore. Stick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1647099020.157477.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	409230

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sorry to bump this back up, but we ended up with a 2014 LX... Only issue I'm seeing are the 20" wheels. I'm going to downsize to 18", but I'm stuck if I should go OEM or if anybody has a suggestion for a solid aftermarket 18" wheel/tire combo. It will see some solid gnarly dirt roads every summer, but no real rock crawling type roads... and would prefer not to switch to winter tires if possible, but could be convinced otherwise.

Sorry to bump this back up, but we ended up with a 2014 LX... Only issue I'm seeing are the 20" wheels. I'm going to downsize to 18", but I'm stuck if I should go OEM or if anybody has a suggestion for a solid aftermarket 18" wheel/tire combo. It will see some solid gnarly dirt roads every summer, but no real rock crawling type roads... and would prefer not to switch to winter tires if possible, but could be convinced otherwise.
    I did oem tundra wheels off CL for cheap when I bought snows.

Every Toyota dealer I've been to sells new takeoff OEM wheel and tire combos. Less than a grand usually.

17" will give you more betta tire options. 17" Tundra wheels would be ideal.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Liddy-stock height? I have a buddy who might be lifting his 200 and going bigger. I can see what his wheels are and what he'd sell them for if so.

Yep. Stock. Ask him and see if it makes sense. Thanks!
    As for tires it seems the KO2 seem popular. Looking for something to bomb Trail Creek/Copper Basin 15+ times a year with some ski trips in the winter.

Yep. Stock. Ask him and see if it makes sense. Thanks!
    As for tires it seems the KO2 seem popular. Looking for something to bomb Trail Creek/Copper Basin 15+ times a year with some ski trips in the winter.
    KO2s are not great in winter--they're ok but not teats. Cooper ST Maxx are the bomb around here and great on ice. New Toyo AT3 is supposedly good, too, but pricey. FWIW local FS rigs have switched to that cooper....always a good indicator.

If that LX has AHC, you can "lift it" by ~2" for cheap in a non permanent way by tricking it into staying in High height. Still not high by any standard but nice around here. Easy to do : https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ahc...t.60848/page-2
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

IME wildpeak atw3 are real good in snow, not good in ice, good in dirt/rock/gravel, ok in mud. not too loud. on second pair 285/70/17

Thanks, Rev. I had heard about that "lift". I'll check it out. It could use a little bump up. Catch some Baby Tarpon this week!
    Shroom. I'll check those out as well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Cooper ST Maxx are the bomb around here and great on ice. New Toyo AT3 is supposedly good, too, but pricey. FWIW local FS rigs have switched to that cooper....always a good indicator.

I liked the tire and would get them again. But after the tread block edges become rounded, they are very not good on ice and packed snow so I gotta politely disagree on that point. OK/Good in deeper snow. Great 3 season truck tire IMO, especially in the Rockies w/ dry continental snow where chunky A/T tires get by just fine. The snotty maritime stuff filters that class out of snow duty.

~~~

I have a set of stock 18" Tundra wheels if anyone wants em.