Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    http://www.landcruiserhm.com

Has anyone been here before? Looks like a pretty cool collection to drool over.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post

8 miles on that 2015 GRJ79. I'd blow a dude for that rig. Maybe two.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It’s definitely not a bad idea. All a new experience for me.

Thanks for the input about the bumpers.
    It's driveable, I assume? Definitely appears to be and you didn't mention getting towed. Lights relatively straight?

Given the weather, I'd continue driving as-is for now, and then fix yourself when the rain is gone. The kind of stuff you're talking about here is pretty straightforward. Welding and cutting gets dicier without help, but bolting on a bumper, new grill, and hood is mellow. Pick and Pull is in Rocklin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    It's driveable, I assume? Definitely appears to be and you didn't mention getting towed. Lights relatively straight?

Given the weather, I'd continue driving as-is for now, and then fix yourself when the rain is gone. The kind of stuff you're talking about here is pretty straightforward. Welding and cutting gets dicier without help, but bolting on a bumper, new grill, and hood is mellow. Pick and Pull is in Rocklin.
    thanks. the side signal lights are dangling. drove it home w/o problems from soda springs. not sure if the headlights are pointing correctly/straight. the radiator mount is a little messed and the hood latch system needs replacement. now that the hood is not latched (it was latched in the photos and on the drive home), it won't re-latch and i'd have to tie down the hood to drive it. until replacing the parts. i've also been advised to discretely talk to the body shop about the deductible. if i cancel the claim, they will be getting a fraction of the bottomline from the quote.

if i could go back in time, i'd definitely do this differently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    8 miles on that 2015 GRJ79. I'd blow a dude for that rig. Maybe two.
    Might take three to get US plates on it, but in my book, that'd be worth it.

Never mind

Finally got a bottom line “reasonable” estimate from insurance if I choose to move forward with the claim, double of my premium for 3 yrs. fuck that shit. Gonna talk to the body shop on Tuesday and gonna do minimal work. Will come out of this with a steel bumper though. Thinking ARB or tjm. Not aware of anything else that I could get quickly. Dissent and 4x4lab are local but build to order.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Finally got a bottom line “reasonable” estimate from insurance if I choose to move forward with the claim, double of my premium for 3 yrs. fuck that shit. Gonna talk to the body shop on Tuesday and gonna do minimal work. Will come out of this with a steel bumper though. Thinking ARB or tjm. Not aware of anything else that I could get quickly. Dissent and 4x4lab are local but build to order.
    Read through 100 series section of mud. Lots of options. Arb will be the most off the shelf option for sure but there's definitely others that aren't build to order. Also look in the classified section. Never know what you might find.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Read through 100 series section of mud. Lots of options. Arb will be the most off the shelf option for sure but there's definitely others that aren't build to order. Also look in the classified section. Never know what you might find.
    Thanks. Appreciate the advice. Tjm t17 seems a good inexpensive option, but I have not combed through the mud forum too much. Just like on here, lots of hype on newer products, I have observed.

I've been in there and checked it out. It is pretty cool. Always a badass black 80 series with icon shocks on it parked outside. No signs or anything. Lots of cool trucks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170909_104853.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	270019

Name:	20170909_104923.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	270020

Name:	20170909_104726.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	270021
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Given the mileage (never mind the age), the condition of that thing is incredible.

Considering driving over to SLC just to go there, well maybe some skiing too..

Looks like a really rad place, this could be a stupid question, but do they let you sit in any of them? Always wanted to sit in a 70 jsut to see what it feels like.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

https://www.history.com/shows/alaska-off-road-warriors

You guys would like this show if you haven’t seen it.

2 Land Cruisers, 2 4Runners, and a Jeep compete.

Not an 80 series, but thought you LC guys would like this one:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...and-cruiser-5/

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post

My dick moved...
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post

Rev, what's the story on this one?

Name:	57281865454__6968B29A-99B4-404D-922C-33BF9B2553FE.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	271884

Got the Vivian back from Torfab, she's super happy now. No more rusty hood, a lot of little dumb issues fixed, new steering, lockers 100% working. Bringing her back in a couple months for the 5.29 regear and chromoly birfields. Then she'll be ready to wear the 37" Trepadors.

^^^ What headlights are you using? I've been looking at replacing my OEMs with units from Dapper Lighting.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    ^^^ What headlights are you using? I've been looking at replacing my OEMs with units from Dapper Lighting.
    Not sure what those are but heard good things about the depos on eBay.

I bought some cheapies on eBay. Needed to be rewired but are nice and bright

Saw this yesterday...

Name:	IMG_20190311_212201_974.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	480.8 KB 
ID:	273646
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Rev, what's the story on this one?
    I don't know. I emailed him but never heard back. I've never seen it around town, either. Looks like a peach though.

Let me tell you something Joe Rogan that you might not know, you got yourself a damn nice truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPg-...&feature=share

Whoa