Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Wrong series Cruiser, but thought some of you might like to see this:
    https://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/d/cr...389042830.html

Not mine.
    Also listed in CO on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Details? Just started looking, but curious what you have. Thanks!
    Wrong series and nameplate, but I’m starting to float my 100 series for sale:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8183.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	388331

6 points!

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Theres always a degree of smoke mirrors when it comes to Land Cruiser "guys".

Personally I would avoid any shop that "specializes" in them, except Torfab in Everett, Wa.
    You must have some serious stories after you brief stay in the business. I don't know anything other than you seemed to commando in/out of that industry rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    You must have some serious stories after you brief stay in the business. I don't know anything other than you seemed to commando in/out of that industry rather quickly.
    Very happy to be doing something entirely unrelated. I'll leave it at that.

Went to the Land Cruiser yard in Grand Junction today. A few good part scores. Expensive but stoked to keep these old beasts alive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Very happy to be doing something entirely unrelated. I'll leave it at that.
    Huh, didn’t know about this development. Seemed like you were all-in. Good luck with your next endeavor & you can always post the real story under an alias. Change ‘land cruiser’ to ‘land rover’ and we’ll never know it’s you.

GX470 question - Anyone know where to find a diagram of showing relay locations and types?

Googlefu only gets me fuse box diagrams…

My wipers are acting weird (randomly stopping, I have to flick the wiper switch to get them going again)… I want to swap out the wiper relay before fucking with the wiper motors or wiper switch…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Try to get your hands on a factory service manual.

FSM are on Ih8mud.com so become a member there

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    GX470 question - Anyone know where to find a diagram of showing relay locations and types?

Googlefu only gets me fuse box diagrams…

My wipers are acting weird (randomly stopping, I have to flick the wiper switch to get them going again)… I want to swap out the wiper relay before fucking with the wiper motors or wiper switch…

Sounds like the lever contact....
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Thx all. I found an FSM!

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Thx all. I found an FSM!

Flip your wiper arms up and run the motor. It might be worn bushings in transmission where it connects to the motor or worn brushes in the motor itself. Lot of wiper motors can be repaired by replacing the brushes, it can take 5 minutes or 5 years depending on the type/style.
    IF your unable to replace the brushes DIY might be worth a few calls to find a local electric shop that can replace them for you. I bet it's under $75 for something like that.

IDK if your rig shares the same wiper stalk/switch but I found this and looks like the relay on the wiper stalk fails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VK1WuAFh94

Thanks all.

I don’t think it’s a motor or a switch issue:
    - In manual mode (low or high) wipers work fine but when you stop them, they stop right where they are in their movement (they don’t return to the bottom)
    - In auto mode, same story but more haphazard due to the rain sensor. They will just randomly stop mid stroke based on the sensor.

Essentially, I have to nail the timing in turning off the wipers to have them down at the bottom of their stroke.

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Thanks all.

I don’t think it’s a motor or a switch issue:
    - In manual mode (low or high) wipers work fine but when you stop them, they stop right where they are in their movement (they don’t return to the bottom)
    - In auto mode, same story but more haphazard due to the rain sensor. They will just randomly stop mid stroke based on the sensor.

Essentially, I have to nail the timing in turning off the wipers to have them down at the bottom of their stroke.

Did you watch the video ? Sounds similar to what your describing and it's most likely the same switch. Looks like an easy removal and you can try pulling the cover and cleaning all contacts for the positions with electrical cleaner or replace the relay for a few bucks if you have some rudimentary soldering skills/tools.

80 series land cruiser futures

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Did you watch the video ? Sounds similar to what your describing and it's most likely the same switch. Looks like an easy removal and you can try pulling the cover and cleaning all contacts for the positions with electrical cleaner or replace the relay for a few bucks if you have some rudimentary soldering skills/tools.
    This seems right! Awesome. Thanks!

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

This seems right! Awesome. Thanks!

Do you know anyone with a similar era Lexus/Toyota ? IF you do try a quick hot swap for trouble shooting purposes. My guess is that switch is probably used in many trucks. It might look a bit different but the connector is probably the same.

That type of relay shown are used in everything from cars to household appliances and fail like clockwork.

1995 80 with 135,000 miles for $40,000. Is this guy joking or are people actually paying that?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19473191486...UAAOSw9kZh33ed
    I still call it The Jake.

That dealer has a bunch of nice LC80 on eBay. People aren't paying that much on eBay but they are on BAT. So theoretically yes $40k is possible but likely that dealer would take less to unload inventory.

Low mileage LC80 is a blue chip vehicle these days no doubt even if it hurts people's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That dealer has a bunch of nice LC80 on eBay. People aren't paying that much on eBay but they are on BAT. So theoretically yes $40k is possible but likely that dealer would take less to unload inventory.

Low mileage LC80 is a blue chip vehicle these days no doubt even if it hurts people's feelings.
    I've followed that dealer for a while just cause his inventory is always nice cars that I'm into, but I never see if the sales/auctions actually close, and of course never see what they actually sell for.

Hey Team, Any thoughts/concerns on a 2004 LX I should be looking for? It has 66,000 miles and is pretty mint. Timing belt was just done, has a great maintenance records from what I've seen. Anything else I should be looking for here?
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Hopefully a local 2nd home grocery getter with out-of-state owners who don't know how to price it.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Hey Team, Any thoughts/concerns on a 2004 LX I should be looking for? It has 66,000 miles and is pretty mint. Timing belt was just done, has a great maintenance records from what I've seen. Anything else I should be looking for here?
    PPI at a place familiar with LC/LX knowledge is your best friend.

We've owned a 04 LX470 and it was a fantastic truck. Unfortunately salt ended up killing it which we were told was rare. Thing had it all, adjustable air suspension, night vision, wireless headphones for the screen in back. Their looks have held up great. I'm told the infotainment is an issue as they've gotten old but someone here posted a completely slick looking aftermarket unit that looks seamless in their GX right down to the image of the car on startup.

I'm sure someone will remember who that is.