Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 610
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    156
    I have never wanted a LC as much

    factory turbo diesel inline six
    factory lockers front and rear
    factory electric winch (never heard of this option)
    clean in and out
    but that price

    https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/c...467510381.html

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,101
    Just spent a couple days stripping my body trim, bumpers and doing some light bondo work to repair 21 years of dirt collection and rust and then had it Line-X'd. Pretty stoked on the way it turned out. The color is matched but the texture makes it look different colors at different angles.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    958
    I had a 76 FJ40 with a 350 that I rebuilt and line-xíd the interior. Love the durability/ forgettability of Line-x
    "What moves men of genius, or rather what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough."

    -Eugene Delacroix

  4. #304
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Just spent a couple days stripping my body trim, bumpers and doing some light bondo work to repair 21 years of dirt collection and rust and then had it Line-X'd. Pretty stoked on the way it turned out. The color is matched but the texture makes it look different colors at different angles.
    Whats something like linex ing that cost if you don't mind my asking. Would like to do this to my tundra. Does it handle trail branch scratches like I want it to?

    Thanks..looks awesome btw.

    Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,101
    Depends. Mine was about $12/sqft color matched on flat surfaces. $300/bumper or pair of sliders.

    Haven’t tried pinstriping it yet but I’m guessing it will be good. The stuff is burley. If you’re a DIY type, check out Monstaliner. I paid Line X to do it because I don’t have a good place to prep and paint. I’ve heard your prep has to be really good or it doesn’t stick well.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,109
    The color matched looks real good on your rig!

  7. #307
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Depends. Mine was about $12/sqft color matched on flat surfaces. $300/bumper or pair of sliders.

    Havenít tried pinstriping it yet but Iím guessing it will be good. The stuff is burley. If youíre a DIY type, check out Monstaliner. I paid Line X to do it because I donít have a good place to prep and paint. Iíve heard your prep has to be really good or it doesnít stick well.
    I just want plain old black. Easy peazy. Whole damn truck... price doesn't sound too bad.

    Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    756
    Any suggestions about a good cross-country car shipper? Considering moving a 100 series from Florida to CO. Thanks.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,301
    Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Any suggestions about a good cross-country car shipper? Considering moving a 100 series from Florida to CO. Thanks.
    I've used DAS dependable auto shippers multiple times. Never a problem. Good luck

    Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    I have never wanted a LC as much

    factory turbo diesel inline six
    factory lockers front and rear
    factory electric winch (never heard of this option)
    clean in and out
    but that price

    https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/c...467510381.html
    I don't know if I could handle rhd but that thing is sweet and would be worth finding out for. Surprisingly I don't think the price is that out of line for what you're getting and the condition but my perspective is based on NY Metro area prices and the typical rusty northeast vehicles.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,128
    I wasn't surprised by the price. I wonder if the mileage is km and not miles.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,687
    Little 80 series tr. We went west from slc to Delle and took a 4x4 trail north up towards a radio tower to watch the sunset over the west desert. Rugged and desolate and beautiful. I think next exploration trip is to those dunes to the west of the tower and north of 80. The green one missing fender flares is mine, and the black one is one I built and sold to a buddy. Both made it through with zero drama.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8797.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	224670
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6460-1.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	395.5 KB 
ID:	224666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6480.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	388.2 KB 
ID:	224667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6465-1.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	393.4 KB 
ID:	224668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6476.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	382.9 KB 
ID:	224669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6492.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	224671  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6496.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	224672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6507.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	224673  
    sigless.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Skinner Box
    Posts
    3,355
    I hope you realise that you live in a fucking awesome place?
    Serious envy here, on the border of being in the "I-wanna-chew-my-face-off" level.

    The floggings will continue until morale improves.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,101
    Just spent a few hours with an angle grinder, PB Blaster, lots of socket angles, cheater bars and going in knowing there was some rusted shock studs. The Japanese don't engineer for a guy with my ham fists and inferior flexibility. I was really due for some upgrades and I looked at Icons, Kings and Slees but just can't swing a few grand in shocks so I went with the tried and true. Took the dogs up to place in the snow for a quick test run. It rides much better. Just put new batteries, some wiring, new starter, new rear U-joints, new shocks, new tie rods, new plugs, wire, distributor, Line-X'd rockers, sliders, roof, and bumpers, flushed all fluids, and new rear brakes on. Ordered a Black Bay Customs tailgate storage panel and will put that on next week. I beat on this thing so it was due. Really digging liking my 80 again and not looking at other 80 and 100s. Need to get an exhaust hanger replaced and I should be good for a year or two. They run forever if you take care of them. I'm at 215k and hoping to hit 300k before I start looking at a heart transplant.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Just spent a few hours with an angle grinder, PB Blaster, lots of socket angles, cheater bars and going in knowing there was some rusted shock studs. The Japanese don't engineer for a guy with my ham fists and inferior flexibility. I was really due for some upgrades and I looked at Icons, Kings and Slees but just can't swing a few grand in shocks so I went with the tried and true. Took the dogs up to place in the snow for a quick test run. It rides much better. Just put new batteries, some wiring, new starter, new rear U-joints, new shocks, new tie rods, new plugs, wire, distributor, Line-X'd rockers, sliders, roof, and bumpers, flushed all fluids, and new rear brakes on. Ordered a Black Bay Customs tailgate storage panel and will put that on next week. I beat on this thing so it was due. Really digging liking my 80 again and not looking at other 80 and 100s. Need to get an exhaust hanger replaced and I should be good for a year or two. They run forever if you take care of them. I'm at 215k and hoping to hit 300k before I start looking at a heart transplant.
    Those tailgate storage dealios are sweet. The ones for the hundies are stupid expensive though.

    Gotta say, the Slees are rad offroad....like jiz your shorts. But not super stoked on road ...too soft.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,101
    I’ll get Slees or Kings someday. Just had a lot of other things needing attention on the 80 this go ‘round. Who even makes a 100 tailgate hatch?

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    958
    No 80 or 100 here... 2000 4Runner ďHighlander Edition w/ locker ď. I have the OME springs with Bilstein shocks. Like the simplicity. Would benefit having airbags in back when pulling trailer though. Envy the ride of the LC series
    "What moves men of genius, or rather what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough."

    -Eugene Delacroix

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I’ll get Slees or Kings someday. Just had a lot of other things needing attention on the 80 this go ‘round. Who even makes a 100 tailgate hatch?
    http://wagongear.com/shop/100-series-tailgate-lids/

    I miss the OMEs on road. If I ever have the time, I might try to get the slees revalved a bit stiffer. Wondering if stiffer rear springs would help the body roll. Ive added a bunch of weight since installing the mediums.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,101
    I had to get new rear coils when I started shuttling folks. Don’t hold your breath on Wagongear. I’ve waited and checked his site for four years. He never restocked and won’t take names for a waiting list. So, found Back Bay but they’re only doing 80s right now. Trail Tailor might make one though.

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I had to get new rear coils when I started shuttling folks. Don’t hold your breath on Wagongear. I’ve waited and checked his site for four years. He never restocked and won’t take names for a waiting list. So, found Back Bay but they’re only doing 80s right now. Trail Tailor might make one though.
    Did the coils effect body roll?

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,101
    Yeah. Ride really stiff empty but comes alive with a bunch of gear or people in it. I don’t know 100 series OME #s but I’ve had three on 80s, 860 (med), 863 (heavy), and currents are 864 (super heavy). I like the heavies best for ride but they were under gunned with the full trailer and a cab full of people. Not sure if it correlates to 100s but for 80s, it seems medium is to lift, heavies for a lift with gear and armor, and plenty of options after that for height and weight. If I didn’t have my trailer, I’d go 4 or 6” Slee coils and 37s with a regear.

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Yeah. Ride really stiff empty but comes alive with a bunch of gear or people in it. I don’t know 100 series OME #s but I’ve had three on 80s, 860 (med), 863 (heavy), and currents are 864 (super heavy). I like the heavies best for ride but they were under gunned with the full trailer and a cab full of people. Not sure if it correlates to 100s but for 80s, it seems medium is to lift, heavies for a lift with gear and armor, and plenty of options after that for height and weight. If I didn’t have my trailer, I’d go 4 or 6” Slee coils and 37s with a regear.
    Copy. Yeah, I think it's time for heavies, though my last planned upgrade is the high dollar Slee rear bumper. I just assume do them together but I'll need to save up some clams first.

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    276
    Replacing shocks on 80 series with 170k on OEM shocks. Pretty ragged ride now. Will significant street time for the near future (new driver). Any suggestions for something better than OEM but not totally skewed for off road?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Replacing shocks on 80 series with 170k on OEM shocks. Pretty ragged ride now. Will significant street time for the near future (new driver). Any suggestions for something better than OEM but not totally skewed for off road?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rep...height.848912/

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,101
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Replacing shocks on 80 series with 170k on OEM shocks. Pretty ragged ride now. Will significant street time for the near future (new driver). Any suggestions for something better than OEM but not totally skewed for off road?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Standard height Old Man Emu or Tough Dog through trail-tailor.com. OME is the standard and what I'd go with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •