Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    Just found an '03 one owner, dealer maintained with 134k. Drove it back from Houston yesterday. Was in TX visiting my sister and it popped up at a nearby Jaguar dealership. I contacted them as soon as i saw it listed, must have been underpriced since the sales guy seemed surprised about the number of out-of-state calls they were getting.

Attachment 371739

My initial enthusiasm has been tempered a bit after looking into updating the nav/audio. After reviewing a limited number of complex, uncertain options, i think i found my solution:

Attachment 371743
    134k Thant’s great. What were details of sale?

You just want one of these. Have for my 04 100 series and works great.

https://www.vaistech.com/product/sl3b-t/

Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    134k Thant’s great. What were details of sale?
    19k. Never spent more than 8k on a car before so why not one that's 18 years old

You just want one of these. Have for my 04 100 series and works great.

https://www.vaistech.com/product/sl3b-t/
    Thanks for the link that looks more appealing

Anyone want free (94)third row? Grey, no rips when I stored them. Pick up in San Francisco.
    Last edited by BS720; 04-16-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    19k. Never spent more than 8k on a car before so why not one that's 18 years old

Thanks for the link that looks more appealing
    100 series is the most underrated and might be my favorite. Great pick up.

Search "bluetooth" on the 100 series section of Ih8mud. There are a few options. I can't remember what I did but I had mine working through the Aux option pretty well. Also checkout Landshark Outfitters storage options.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    100 series is the most underrated and might be my favorite. Great pick up.

Search "bluetooth" on the 100 series section of Ih8mud. There are a few options. I can't remember what I did but I had mine working through the Aux option pretty well. Also checkout Landshark Outfitters storage options.
    Loving it more every day. Storage options are a priority, thanks for the landshark suggestion. Been reading ih8mud nonstop, lots to learn

Probably not for the GOTOS thread. We did our annual drive a ways and soak in the desert trip. We used to be able to drive in the more difficult side of the river and have that side to ourselves but there has been some road sanitation and new bridge installed so it was busier than I've ever seen it. Meaning more than us camping. Had a run in with a redneck who came to chat with us thinking we shouldn't be camped by the hot springs because he wanted to use them. I told him he was welcome to use the tubs and that we brought what was needed to actually use them but that we were not moving. He left pissed off.

Later that night he drove his side by side over and sat in them and then came and shared my campfire with me. He was apologetic but said that he was tired of people like us showing up and ruining the solitude he's found in Idaho. I asked how many times he's been to where we were...three. I then asked if his opinion would be different if he was born in Idaho and had stayed the night at this exact spot over 30 times without ever having someone confront him about staying there. He said he would feel even more strongly about the situation. Silence... he got where I was coming from after a couple minutes and offered me some of his whiskey. We had a good conversation after that.

Rolled 222,222 on this trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Ugh. I've been in almost this exact type of situation. Unfortunately most times I dont blame certain people for seeing a certain type of vehicle(like my wifes 4runner) and jumping to conclusions. The sad reality is the majority of people driving "overland"(God I hate that term) vehicles are fucking douchnozzles who are posing/posting for the gram and blowing up spots. We went to a certain hot spring in N Idaho last thurs. I hadnt been there in prob 13yrs and was happy to have "only" 2 cars there. Makes me think of the bumper sticker "we still hang backcountry bloggers in Montana"

Sorry for the rant. I still want an 80 but having 2 other projects I cant justify the price of entry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Nicely handled

$35K for a 5.3L LS swapped Land Cruiser:

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/in...313368912.html
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

That's nice.

You'd best be SUPER confident in whomever did the swap. Even a marginally good job will lead to headaches. Ask me how I know.

That's nice.

You'd best be SUPER confident in whomever did the swap. Even a marginally good job will lead to headaches. Ask me how I know.
    How would you know?

And 'Whomever' was maggot Leavenworth Skier's company, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    How would you know?

And 'Whomever' was maggot Leavenworth Skier's company, I think.
    Can confirm. Thought this was another one but same ad.

LWS is this the one I sent you off of CL w/ the trailer

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...313347522.html

I'm not in that game anymore, but that swap was done while I was there.

It drives nice.

80 series land cruiser futures

My 80 was parked next to that 80 once, it was so embarrassing I had to sell her.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Is this how all land cruiser people talk?

It says pick up in the Methow Valley, that’s WA but the add and location is NV. Is this a scam? Did they trailer it from Sandpoint and never drive it after the swap? Seems fishy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It says pick up in the Methow Valley, that’s WA but the add and location is NV. Is this a scam? Did they trailer it from Sandpoint and never drive it after the swap? Seems fishy
    sounds like they want to trade for a vehicle, bike, or mining land. idk how you'd scam that.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm not in that game anymore, but that swap was done while I was there.

It drives nice.
    Stupid question time but can anyone comment on how this rig does on the highway? I won’t trailer it and would run it on highway for a few hours to off-road location. Can it tow a boat or motorcycle trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Stupid question time but can anyone comment on how this rig does on the highway? I won’t trailer it and would run it on highway for a few hours to off-road location. Can it tow a boat or motorcycle trailer?
    Yes, but there are better options for less than $35k.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

I suspect the seller is just looking for a national audience. There's a seattle ad too.

I have an FJ62 with a 2001 5.3L vortec and 4L60E and 80' series coil suspension, so at least close. It drives great on the highway--80mph all day. Gets around 14mpg but that's gearing dependent. The 5.3L is a quick motor but not super torquey so I'd describe towing as mediocre. The 4L60E is my least favorite transmission to drive but they're pretty reliable.

I have driven it on the highway, it does great. Much better than an 80 series with an inline 6. Is it worth the money? I dunno, it's probably not practical but most fun things aren't.

Also I doubt this swap will pass emissions in california or other stringent places fyi.

Bump for original question:

Some random was taking pics of my 200 series today at my office and a coworker pointed it out. I asked him what's up and he asked me all about it and what I paid for it. He then offered me 10% more than I have into it, 6 months after I bought it. I said no.

Futures on all LCs are currently strong.

Bump for original question:

Some random was taking pics of my 200 series today at my office and a coworker pointed it out. I asked him what's up and he asked me all about it and what I paid for it. He then offered me 10% more than I have into it, 6 months after I bought it. I said no.

Futures on all LCs are currently strong.
    Was the guy's last name Balcos and did he want to buy it because it actually looks like someone uses it?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Was the guy's last name Balcos and did he want to buy it because it actually looks like someone uses it?
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...