Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Your kids would probably love to let you fill the gas tank too.
    another reason I stick with the 3rd Gen 4runner.....

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Are we allowed to talk about 100 series in here? Because I'm about to grab a minty LX.

Educate me...
    Locker Options? Just want a rear i think... but 3x locked is cool.
    Front Bumpers?
    Thinking 2" lift and 275/70r18.. stock gears gonna be okay on passes? keep or ditch the AHC? Prior owner (a mag on here) had the AHC fully flushed/serviced by the Lexus stealership. Can you lift and retain the AHC?

Basically will mostly be a highway driver but my road/driveway gets gnarly in the winter. Have had to lock our 80s a couple times already this year to make it up the road when it hasn't been plowed. Steep gravel with a couple tight corners that kill your momentum. Sold the wifes locked 80 to Kopi_red, basically want the same capability in a 100 with better highway manners.
    Just did all of this, minus locker, add some other stuff.

I did the OME lift with Nitro Charger Shocks: ARB front bumper with Warm 8000; Slee UCAs and Toyo RTs. Got all of this from Slee, save the winch (ebay) and tires.

Initially I tried the AHC trick box from Slee but didn't love it and didn't like the idea of being somewhere remote and having AHC fail. That said, plenty of people do run that setup. But I removed what had to be removed to install the normal lift and have been removing the rest of the AHC as I need to, a la adding sliders.

Overall, you will love the OME lift and the way it drives on and off road. Shocks are very subjective so be aware that the OMEs are stiff, which I like, but maybe a bit harsh off road. I recently upgraded to the Slee Remote 2.5s and while the jury is still out, it's obvious that they're way better off road but a bit soft on pavement out of the box. On blm desert roads they are absolutely stupid fun, though.

Let me know what you do. I still have that Slee box if you want it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Big fan of OME here... Had a full setup on a mildly built 2nd gen 4Runner, driven many miles on a 60 series LC, and now have full setup on a 2nd gen Tundra... shit sets the bar.

Second the "firm but fun" sentiment. Susp is designed to be loaded heavy. Quality is outstanding.

for those that don't want thread drift: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...e-thread/page6

my 1999 was pre-AHC. the small bit of ih8mud research that i did seemed to indicate that the AHC lasts for about 10 years then they need service or replacement with another system. because of $$ and that potential, i stayed away from AHC.

mine has factory rear lockers. that's been nice in a few remote situations when pulling a firewood-laden trailer off road.

i got one of those big-ass racks for the roof, which has been key for schleping the family of 5 and the 90lb dog for camping trips.

we put in neoprene seat covers because my family and i are pretty grubby and were starting to destroy the leather.

we've kept the rest stock because of $$$, though i think about OME stuff or at least air bags because it gets saggy in the back when loaded for camping and the crew. sometimes a kid rides long distances in the jump seat off road and i'm a bit concerned about the stiffness of OME system when the rig is not loaded. i had a V0 4runner for years with stiff but fun suspension (can't remember what it was - long time ago). i enjoyed that feel.

i also think about those metal tech step-sliders. last summer, i grazed the OEM steps/running boards a few times accessing some local fun areas. only skuffs.

Fox shocks...
    sigless.

mo better (and $$) ^^ than OME?
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 01-19-2018 at 03:55 AM.

Foxes seem to get mixed reviews, at least on the 4Runner forum I'm active on. I know it's a different platform, but people seem to have more issues with them than OME; however, the report is also that they ride better and are a bit more plush. You could look into Dobinsons too, they're a competitor to OME down in Oz and have recently started distributing stateside.

I'm currently mulling over upgrading my 4Runner or possibly swapping it for something else, but the stock shocks need to go one way or another. Would love to find a 2012-2015 LC with low mileage that within my budget, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I actually don't know if they have them for the hundred, but I put a set on my old 80, and they were a little bit more than the ome, not stiff around town, and great off road. Would buy again.
    sigless.

My 80 has ome shocks and lift springs, rides fairly well except the shock bushings are toast on the rear end which which makes the ride harsh and clunky.

Rev, why no locker? Are you not taking this seriously?

For the hundos, most if not all have the traction control system that works like a limited slip (electronically controlled brake application) and I have seen it in action, and it is very effective. But yeah, if you aren't triple locked you ain't shit. 😁
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    For the hundos, most if not all have the traction control system that works like a limited slip (electronically controlled brake application) and I have seen it in action, and it is very effective. But yeah, if you aren't triple locked you ain't shit. ��
    Sometimes I doubt your commitment to sparkle motion!!!

(The 2000s don't have ATRAC though, right?)

Running OMEs on mine and like the stiffer ride. I also really load my 80 down for raft shuttles sometimes so I'm running 418 springs in the front and 864s (super heavies) in the rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Conundrum; 01-22-2018 at 09:09 PM.

The slee site has breakdown.

sigless.

Oh, and I have a lunch box locker will probably toss into the 80 I have right now. I put kyb shocks on it. No lift. Maybe put a 30 mm spring pad lift. Shopping for used tires now.
    sigless.

The lx470 rides so smooth compared to my 80...

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    Dig it but seems really expensive, no? Half the fun for most of us is building these things up.

Yah, seems way over priced.
    sigless.

Also looks like some hard miles if the odometer is accurate.

Someone buy this now or I’ll be buying my fourth vehicle this week.

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/l...466567563.html

Damn that thing is sweet!

Now you're talking. Supercharger? Tits ahoy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Now you're talking. Supercharger? Tits ahoy.
    The supercharger makes that thing siiiiiick.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Fox shocks...
    Ordered a set of these for the Super Duty. Anything is better than the Ranchos.