Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Bum pee is a stinky cologne. Sorry man.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    My GX was stolen from the alley behind my house in West Seattle Sunday night / Monday morning.

2007 Lexus GX470 - Dark Grey. Pretty clean.

If anyone sees a fishy listing in the PNW area, please let me know.

(Currently no rocketbox or bike rack on it)

Thanks-

-Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VIbes, Nick. My wife's AllTrack was pinched last week. No doubt that by now that it's hobo gang-bang hovel.

Since this thread has beome the defacto Land Cruiser thread; I'm after another. Specifically, joining the understated bougie set with an eye on a 200 series.

In the past, I owned an FJ40, and 80, and when I lived in Bozeman, a 100 series. I regret selling the latter.

I'm under no delusions that the 200 enters into the dental lawyer vehicle category, but eff it. The Land Cruiser is incredibly durable, dependable, understated, luxurious, and it seems plenty big enough to sleep in for the times I'm not using the camper. The 5.7 motor seems to be well regarded, if not thirsty. And like the 100 series before it, the higher mileage units continue to exhibit excellent build quality, rendering higher mileage units less an issue. Besides, prices are coming down enough to make them a viable option.

Who here wants to break cover and talk about their 200 ownership experience.

Could you stretch out in the back of your 100-series? Does the 200-series have longer interior dimensions (I haven’t looked)?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Could you stretch out in the back of your 100-series? Does the 200-series have longer interior dimensions (I haven’t looked)?
    When I had my 100, it was enough to almost stretch out. Almost. It was enough that a few nights here or there was no issue. I'm 6'0", so aside from vans and campers, there aren't many rigs that will allow for a full stretch. It's not a primary driver for the rig; a benefit if and when I'd need to stealth camp in it.

Mainly, I was curious as to the realities of the newer generation. I found my 100 plenty capable though rather swimmy and loose driving around bigger cities. That's less a concern now as we have the wife's car and I have plenty of motorcycles capable of such duties. I'm not so much concerned about the wheeling or overlanding; the motorcycles scratch that itch. It would serve as the day-trip or road trip ski rig where I'm not taking the camper and for trips into town. Working from (though aren't we all now?), I'm not commuting, so no issues there.

Is the 200 a nice, tall, upright luxury sedan? Does it drive bigger or smaller than its size implies? Stuff like that...

Go GX460.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Go GX460.
    Or go full dentist in an lx570.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    VIbes, Nick. My wife's AllTrack was pinched last week. No doubt that by now that it's hobo gang-bang hovel.
    That’s known as a “soup kitchen”. Likely was stolen by Dirty Mike and the boys.

I'm considering selling my fairly well sorted 80 series, ADS/slee bypass shocks, 35s, 3x locked, arb bumpers and so forth. PM me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm considering selling my fairly well sorted 80 series, ADS/slee bypass shocks, 35s, 3x locked, arb bumpers and so forth. PM me if interested
    Don't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Go GX460.
    I currently own a V8 4Runner Limited, so I'm already there. Besides, it's widely regarded that the 200 series > 120 series. Which is rarefied air considering that the 120 series are bomber trucks in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Or go full dentist in an lx570.
    I'm considering it. Oddly, more LX 570 trucks were produced than the standard Land Cruiser, so prices are a bitter better with the LX due to higher volumes. There's something quite satisfying driving a bougie SUV, lifted, and shod with burly AT tires. It's a rolling contradiction and I love it.

I'd still prefer the Land Cruiser as it's much more understated.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    That’s known as a “soup kitchen”. Likely was stolen by Dirty Mike and the boys.
    FML; ain't that the truth.

lx 570 beak... er.... grill, no thanks

Beak... Er... ---> Discount.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Oddly, more LX 570 trucks were produced than the standard Land Cruiser
    I don’t find that odd at all. Look at the demographic that buys new $90k SUVs...

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    lx 570 beak... er.... grill, no thanks
    The early years were tolerable. As they iterated that front end, it only got worse.

Besides, I'm only in the market for early year trucks if I were to go with Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Beak... Er... ---> Discount.

sent from Utah.
    Precisely.

Ok. Update for the collective on my stolen GX.

I need some advice.

So it was recovered Sunday night, six days missing. Damaged as so:
    - passenger front tire blown, driven flat
    - driver side front window smashed out
    - rear window smashed out
    - spare missing
    - Front bumper scratched up, slight dents
    - front of roof rack plastic ends gone. Some scratches there
    - misc scratches on all sides of the exterior
    - interior wise, it was filled with general stolen goods and glass from the windows
    - noticed three locations where there was a slight rip, tear, scratch in the leather

Car started, seems to be no mechanical damage, no lights on other than the tire.

I paid $14k in 2018 for the car. (At 105k miles, now 125k)
    Insurance values it at $15k
    Insurance says it will cost $12k to fix
    Insurance wants to total it and give me $16.5k (15+tax and reg)
    Alternatively... They will sell it as salvage to me for $3k and give me the remaining ($13.5k).

I could probably put $2k in it and it’d be 85% there: New tire, spare, windows, missing rack pieces, detail. It would just have misc aesthetic damage. Then pick and choose the other damages to fix and get as close as possible to the old condition.

Original car was super clean and a steal at $14k

Title would not be clean. I wasn’t planning on selling anytime soon though.

Or try to find another good looking GX with the $15k?

WWMD?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

As long as a vagrant didn't sleep in the car or just use it as a toilet and then move on, I'd take the 13.5k and not look back.

Want an aesthetically sweet GX or one with character and $10k in your pocket and either go point a to b? You’ll take a hit on resell with the branded title but if you’re driving it for awhile, doesn’t seem like a big deal. Personally for a car like that, I’d take low miles, branded title, and cash.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Ok. Update for the collective on my stolen GX that some homeless druggies had a soup kitchen in
    Let insurance total. Buy Salvage. Pocket insurance money. Sell for $5000 as is or fix and sell for $12,000. Take your $18.5k (or $25,000) and buy another GX, and hope the druggies come back.

It's a sellers market for anything 4x4 right now.

Fyi, at least here in cali you have to jump through a few extra steps with dmv to get it back on the road after it gets totalled. Paperwork and physical inspection.

I'd always have a small "what if" thought in the back of my head if i knew thieves had my car.
    Mostly
    What if... they beat the living shit out of the engine/ trans...? Neutral drops, redlining, and so on

Insert youtube: take the money and run, drive to the ground. That's a godsend, and I'm an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Let insurance total. Buy Salvage. Pocket insurance money. Sell for $5000 as is or fix and sell for $12,000. Take your $18.5k (or $25,000) and buy another GX, and hope the druggies come back.

It's a sellers market for anything 4x4 right now.
    This. You'll come out ahead. And when you find a new one, it'll be whole with no unknown fuckery. GXes, while increasing in value, are still much more affordable than their 4Runner counterparts and the LX570.

The hardcore 'Yota bros and overlanders will still pay well for a theft-damaged rig. They are that popular right now.

Missing spare and dented front bumper leads me to think this thing spent some time in the air. Of all the parts to steal, a toyota steel rim is worth like 50 bucks. You are going to find more wrong with it.

I'd take the 13.5k, flip the bought back rig with those minimal fixes for a little under 10, then go buy one that wasn't ridden harder than a 5 dollar whore. You'll end up with several grand in your pocket and no anxiety.
    Live Free or Die

Nick that’s pretty sweet how the theft has gone from a shit to a fair or ideal situation. Great suggestions above