Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    I'm about to list my 1997 80 series. It's about as "built" as it gets but still drives great as a DD. It's a "Collector Edition" with everything from lockers to Delta rear bumper to 35“ Cooper's and gears, to a recent preemptive headgasket/fuel filter/tranny flush. And a ton more. All with ~130k miles and zero rust. I'd post pics but I'm on my phone and mobile won't let me. Pm me if you're interested.

Before you ask, I dumped a ton of cash into my 62 so one I them has to go...

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on my 94. And I rebuilt the engine last year ($$$). Gonna buy a new, or lightly used Four(4)Runner and move on.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Here’s an old pic of Rev’s 80 before the cool Delta bumper. It’s a one way ticket to boner city. If I didn’t have a sentimental attachment to mine, I’d sell mine and buy his.

And as a follow up, 4.88s are really worth it. Took my trailer out to the desert on a familiar roads and the difference was noticeable. And awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D95B33F-70D2-4C10-AD4E-68AE0C05EFEA.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	539.7 KB 
ID:	329959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00CFBF3A-D3E6-456E-BBF5-B05169D5A7DA.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	502.1 KB 
ID:	329960  

^^^^ Sweet rig for sure

Both sweet rigs! Rev, let know what youre looking to get out of your 80. I'm always looking/have a few good friends looking for a clean one.

Used my 80 to do some shuttle laps last weekend and Tucker out the pups after fixing a real bad turbo leak.
    Anyone else on here running a turbo'd 80?

We should get a cruiser meetup together after this like TAFKALVS was talking about last fall!

I just finished putting a turbo in an 96 fzj80 but it was attached to an intercooler on one end and a 1HD-T diesel in the other, with a 5 speed and part time xfr case behind it. :-)

Also, i shudder to think of the shitty headgasket of the 3fze having to deal with boost.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Also, i shudder to think of the shitty headgasket of the 3fze having to deal with boost.
    The 1fz head gasket isn't as bad as everyone says. It's like saying all Subarus eat head gaskets. Definitely a downfall but not all that bad.
    They redesigned the gasket and there are quite a few running stock motors, newer gasket style and turbos for a long time now.

Your project sounds awesome! Post some pics up.

As I see that many of you guys apparently carry bikes on the spare wheel, I will piggyback this thread if you dont mind?
    Posted in TechTalk but it is quiet at this time of the year..
    So...

...searching for a door mounted (for a Defender 110 with swing away spare wheel carrier) for a 31-33" tyre set up.
    Thule 963PRO would have been an option but none available in Europe (apart with one with 300€ shipping).
    Neither Yakima. Most of the similar manufacturers have gone tits up or have stopped producing them.
    Found some ghetto rigs with PVA pipes and whatnot from the interwebs so if you have other pointers, I am all ears..

How are you guys dealing with the thing? Wranglers and and some Landcruiser users use them?
    Would need for 1, max 2 bikes but it would be good if it would be quite sturdy. Not keen on hitch mounted setup,
    the problem being that the hitch plate is a really low version and tends to drag ditches.

Any reccos or pics would be appreciated!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

So I guess that I'm checking out of Land Cruiser life. Bought a 2019 FourPlay (TRD Off Road package) yesterday and am really jacked about. Dealer's installing new tires, wheels, and shocks and I'll have it be the end of next week.

Anyone interested, or know someone interested, in a 94 with a newly rebuilt engine and factory lockers? Also have lot's of other new goodies. It will need some very minor body work and paint.
    Last edited by Viva; 05-30-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Pics of 1hdt in fzj80.

My work on it is done, off to a friend to have it all wired up. I just dis temp wiring to get it running and shake it down.

Now I'm working on 2 40s, a 74 and another diesel 80 coming in for am intercooler install.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200401_210701.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	339.2 KB 
ID:	330213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200323_181704.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	421.5 KB 
ID:	330214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200319_153547.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	447.8 KB 
ID:	330215  

Buddy is selling this out of Des Moines, Iowa. Figured this would be the best thread to share.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

^^ What's the price?

I think he is open to offers as I didn't see a price (just the 13-16 at the end of his post)

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    So I guess that I'm checking out of Land Cruiser life. Bought a 2019 FourPlay (TRD Off Road package) yesterday and am really jacked about. Dealer's installing new tires, wheels, and shocks and I'll have it be the end of next week.

Anyone interested, or know someone interested, in a 94 with a newly rebuilt engine and factory lockers? Also have lot's of other new goodies. It will need some very minor body work and paint.
    Pics of the 200 please. Aren't you in CO? Take it Slee and have him dress her up! You'll literally go broke but the guy makes some mean 200 series. I thought really hard about this route before going all-in on my 62.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Pics of the 200 please. Aren't you in CO? Take it Slee and have him dress her up! You'll literally go broke but the guy makes some mean 200 series. I thought really hard about this route before going all-in on my 62.
    Nevermind...I see what you did and I disapprove.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Is there anything other than a clogged sunroof drain that would lead to the front passenger foot/under dash carpet being wet. Any other usual suspects? ‘96 cruiser

Not LC specific but in general, leaking heater core or clogged A/C drain.

Sunroof drain is probably it. Run some weed wacker line through it then pour water down and make sure it's dripping under the rocker. Apologies if you've already done that. Next is what Mazderati said but could also be the back seat heater. Pull the passenger seat and make sure the heater hoses are good there too. After that, look at your windshield gasket. Bottom corners are the first sections to go if the gasket is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Sunroof drain is probably it. Run some weed wacker line through it then pour water down and make sure it's dripping under the rocker. Apologies if you've already done that. Next is what Mazderati said but could also be the back seat heater. Pull the passenger seat and make sure the heater hoses are good there too. After that, look at your windshield gasket. Bottom corners are the first sections to go if the gasket is bad.
    Also make sure if you run line you do it gently. Lotsa guys push aggressively and pop the line off creating an even bigger headache of dropping the headliner to reattach.

Good call. I've gone bottom up and haven't had issues. The clogs I've had have always been the top couple inches from the silty dust we drive in settling and then getting wet and drying making a little clay pottery layer the water eventually can't get through.

If I remember to open the sunroof and wipe that out every couple months, I don't get clogs.

My GX was stolen from the alley behind my house in West Seattle Sunday night / Monday morning.

2007 Lexus GX470 - Dark Grey. Pretty clean.

If anyone sees a fishy listing in the PNW area, please let me know.

(Currently no rocketbox or bike rack on it)

Thanks-

-Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    My GX was stolen from the alley behind my house in West Seattle Sunday night / Monday morning.

2007 Lexus GX470 - Dark Grey. Pretty clean.

If anyone sees a fishy listing in the PNW area, please let me know.

(Currently no rocketbox or bike rack on it)

Thanks-

-Nick

Bummer dude. You have coverage on it or liability only?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Bummer dude. You have coverage on it or liability only?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I have full coverage - Seattle PD says most of these are recovered, typically stolen for shelter. I’m hoping it can get it back before it gets trashed.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA