Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 610
  1. #501
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,088
    I followed Nitro Gear's BJ73 build and it was sweet. I think they ended up selling it for $35-40k and it was the nicest build out I've ever looked at. It ran and was completely dialed. The guy asking $30k is off his rocker. Tough to find mechanics that will wrench on that thing at a reasonable cost if you can't do it yourself. And the dudes who can do it themselves are not going to drop $30 and still have to do the work.

    https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f209...-spain-266594/

    Edit-here's the ebay sale page. It didn't end up selling on ebay. http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=282305585349&t=0 &tid=10&category=6443&seller=beerdo$&excSoj=1&excT rk=1&lsite=100&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.com&des cgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,313
    Some Cruisers I saw in Tasmania a year ago. Most cars there were Toyotas, maybe half of those were Land Cruisers: there's an insane amount there and most have snorkels.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2c9d56a38c1e9b0cd8ad6e4aa1386089.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	267079
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a5296e1c855adb5e5907dd92deac9297.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	267080
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61c2f4b19de21d8b3d2d1a9717a077ab.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	993.0 KB 
ID:	267081
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10613f0e35d6caa0094c6121ff3e9894.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	984.0 KB 
ID:	267082

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    539
    I'd kill to own that green bandeirante. Wonder how hard importing one of those would be. The RHD would get annoying that's for sure.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    93108
    Posts
    2,380
    ^^ Good call. Thought for sure that was a Defender 130.

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,088
    Don't think the green one is a bandeirante but I could be wrong. I thought the bandeirantes had a nose like an fj40. Sure looks like a defender.

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,531
    that looks like defender to me.

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    that looks like defender to me.
    Didn't look close enough I guess. That corner glass looks fj to me but nose looks defender. Who knows.
    Either way want a bandeirante.

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Some Cruisers I saw in Tasmania a year ago. Most cars there were Toyotas, maybe half of those were Land Cruisers: there's an insane amount there and most have snorkels.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a5296e1c855adb5e5907dd92deac9297.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	267080
    That dude is stoked to be on the internet.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221
    How did I never know this thread existed???

    My pig. 95 FZJ80. Been together since 60k and 2007. Now maybe 170k? Forget, she's in the garage. Proud to have done all the mods myself, Sad to say she'll be for sale this summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C53FFE54-E0D7-45EB-84AB-F20026F070C5.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	845.1 KB 
ID:	267702  
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    How did I never know this thread existed???

    My pig. 95 FZJ80. Been together since 60k and 2007. Now maybe 170k? Forget, she's in the garage. Proud to have done all the mods myself, Sad to say she'll be for sale this summer.
    Why let it go?!

    Starting to wonder how much crossover between mud and TGR there is.

  11. #511
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Why let it go?!

    Starting to wonder how much crossover between mud and TGR there is.
    I'm UCBerzerkeley there. Been there much longer than here. What cruiser/forum do you play in?

    Selling because my needs have changed. Ideal world, I keep the cruiser and build out a pickup. But financially I can't do both. Looking at a gen1 Tundra build.
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I'm UCBerzerkeley there. Been there much longer than here. What cruiser/forum do you play in?
    Selling because my needs have changed. Ideal world, I keep the cruiser and build out a pickup. But financially I can't do both. Looking at a gen1 Tundra build.
    I'm wompom over on mud. Post a lot more on mud. Mostly in 80 series tech.
    Unfortunate to let it go but life happens.

  13. #513
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,122
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    30K with a blown motor? Damn.
    Offer them $12k, throw a 2.8 Cummins in there and that little bastard will be worth $40k.

    My dream Yota is this: https://youtu.be/Wym0V05iyVo

    My truck whoring ways would come to a screaching halt.

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Skinner Box
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    that looks like defender to me.
    Indeed.

    130 Crew Cab Defender.

    The floggings will continue until morale improves.

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Good news, bad news, good news.

    Good=had my new '19 Tundra parked under a tree and ran an errand so it's unscathed.
    Bad=parked my 80 in that spot under the tree and a wind storm blew a 6" diameter branch off on to the roof, hood and quarter panel. Now have some more dents.
    Good=just picked my 40 up from the brake guys and it's now roadworthy.
    Iím never parking there again.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  16. #516
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    7,048
    Toyota essentially announced a diesel 4 Runner . Jalopnik assumes it’s probably the Hilux 2.8-liter turbodiesel inline four which makes 175 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Couloirfornia
    Posts
    8,717
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Toyota essentially announced a diesel 4 Runner . Jalopnik assumes it’s probably the Hilux 2.8-liter turbodiesel inline four which makes 175 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque
    They updated to say apparently not...
    https://jalopnik.com/toyota-teases-a...ner-1832452268
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    At the foot of Arrowwood
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Indeed.

    130 Crew Cab Defender.
    LR calls it a 130 High Cap (capacity) PU. Sure is a beaut!
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

    Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

  19. #519
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,117
    I spun our 100-series into a snowbank a few weeks ago. Front end got banged up. No issues inside the engine bay other than the support for the hood latch; mainly just bumper, lights, and grill. Currently weighing options about canceling the insurance claim or proceeding with a claim. Iím wondering if a simple aftermarket bumper like arb, 4x4lab, or dissent would have resulted in less damage (if any). Thoughts?

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Couloirfornia
    Posts
    8,717
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I spun our 100-series into a snowbank a few weeks ago. Front end got banged up. No issues inside the engine bay other than the support for the hood latch; mainly just bumper, lights, and grill. Currently weighing options about canceling the insurance claim or proceeding with a claim. I’m wondering if a simple aftermarket bumper like arb, 4x4lab, or dissent would have resulted in less damage (if any). Thoughts?
    Photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

  21. #521
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,117

    80 series land cruiser futures

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9675.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	269731
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9677.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	269733
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9678.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	269734

    From my reading on ih8mud, it may have been no big deal.

  22. #522
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9675.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	269731
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9677.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	269733
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9678.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	269734

    From my reading on ih8mud, it may have been no big deal.
    If the frame horns are straight it's not gonna be hard to fix. An afternoon with the right parts and you'll be back in business. Just have extra hands to pull the hood.
    Hit up one of the part out guys on mud, pick up an aftermarket bumper and go.
    If you want it off insurance it won't be bad, but definitely cheaper using insurance depending on your policy.
    They could easily call that enough to total it depending on year/mileage.


    Edit: after looking again it really looks like just bumper hood grille and maybe rad support (which if like an 80 can be replaced with like 8 bolts). Definitely do it yourself.

  23. #523
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    If the frame horns are straight it's not gonna be hard to fix. An afternoon with the right parts and you'll be back in business. Just have extra hands to pull the hood.
    Hit up one of the part out guys on mud, pick up an aftermarket bumper and go.
    If you want it off insurance it won't be bad, but definitely cheaper using insurance depending on your policy.
    They could easily call that enough to total it depending on year/mileage.


    Edit: after looking again it really looks like just bumper hood grille and maybe rad support (which if like an 80 can be replaced with like 8 bolts). Definitely do it yourself.
    thanks for the response!

    the truck is at a body shop and i have the insurance quote on my lap. The quote, of course, is nuts ($6.7k). i have not authorized the work. There's no mention of frame horns in the quote. the quote is all front bumper, grill, front lights, rad support, "horn high note," hood lock (the hood's not damaged), fenders (both are a little crinkled but do not actually need replacement). the quote is much more detailed, of course.

    Currently, i'm trying to get a hold of somebody at my insurance that can give me some details about how my bottomline will change (i.e. surcharge and schedule, loss of good drive discount, accident foregiveness, etc.). i'm trying to make an informed decision with a goal of saving some $$ but having a safe and functional front end.

    my research and brief query on ih8mud seems to lead me believing that an aftermarket bumper (e.g. arb) may have prevented the damage to the grill and lights. of course, ih8mud folks (and tgr folks) are biased

  24. #524
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    thanks for the response!

    the truck is at a body shop and i have the insurance quote on my lap. The quote, of course, is nuts ($6.7k). i have not authorized the work. There's no mention of frame horns in the quote. the quote is all front bumper, grill, front lights, rad support, "horn high note," hood lock (the hood's not damaged), fenders (both are a little crinkled but do not actually need replacement). the quote is much more detailed, of course.

    Currently, i'm trying to get a hold of somebody at my insurance that can give me some details about how my bottomline will change (i.e. surcharge and schedule, loss of good drive discount, accident foregiveness, etc.). i'm trying to make an informed decision with a goal of saving some $$ but having a safe and functional front end.

    my research and brief query on ih8mud seems to lead me believing that an aftermarket bumper (e.g. arb) may have prevented the damage to the grill and lights. of course, ih8mud folks (and tgr folks) are biased
    Depends. Steel bumpers deflect a lot of damage but can also cause the frame to twist easier as they're more rigid and less likely to be the weak point in an accident.

    I'd say slap some new parts on there yourself and stay away from insurance but that's just me.

  25. #525
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Depends. Steel bumpers deflect a lot of damage but can also cause the frame to twist easier as they're more rigid and less likely to be the weak point in an accident.

    I'd say slap some new parts on there yourself and stay away from insurance but that's just me.
    Itís definitely not a bad idea. All a new experience for me.

    Thanks for the input about the bumpers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •