Thread: Pirates

Pirates

Ahoy matey. Pirates of the Great Salt Lake.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using TGR Forums mobile app

Nothing like a good keelhaulin on a Sunday morning to scrub the salt off ya, eh?

Yo ho ho
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Yo ho ho
    and a bottle of 3.2
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    and a bottle of 3.2
    Scantily clad wenches would be a good addition.

Hoist the gollywobbler!

Any pirate worth his salt should know that phrase.

Thanks, FYC. Your thread inspired me to find my #1 most favorite boat I ever crew'd on.
    Sent an email found out she's on the left coast and got an invite to go visit her.
    Fukking stoked!!!!

Name:  Destiny.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  92.1 KB

Nice
    watch out for snakes

Owned by Howard Hughes, skippered by Hughes, Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne. Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell, Lauren Bacall and a bevy of old time beauties all got laid on her.
    Excerpt:
    Destiny is a one of a kind Schooner commissioned by Preston Sturgess and built in Los Angeles, CA by Arthur Pankey at his shipyard and launched on Sept 17, 1934. She has had an illustrious and mysterious life in the past 79 years. She served the Hollywood elite as the platform for special events and occasions, was used by the US Navy during WWII as a submarine chaser on the California coast and after the war, to Howard Hughes. In 1961, John Wayne took Destiny from Mexico to Hawaii and back to California. Howard Hughes was married on Destiny and after his death, the current owner of Destiny was contacted by his estate lawyer of a secret location on the boat where a certain marriage license was located for Mr. Hughes!

Can't stand to see her with that dopey dogshit dodger doghouse covering the stern like that.

When we sailed her, she was a fucking pirate vessel. Loved hanging out on the full pulpit on the bowsprit in 30 foot seas.

the father of a friend of mine was a famous boat designer and writer. one of the early definers of the cruising lifestyle. she's slowly going through his stuff and collecting photos and stories. hopefully, someday she'll publish something. but now adays, she posts a few really interesting photos on FB, which is pretty fun.